[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gerber a meme company?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: DankMeme.jpg (133 KB, 1500x1399) Image search: [Google]
DankMeme.jpg
133 KB, 1500x1399
Is Gerber a meme company?
>>
>>30174661
Yes
>>
>>30174661
Yes
>>
>>30174712
>>30174717
Why?
>>
OH SHIT WADDUP!!
>>
>>30174727
I like Gerber

Wouldn't trust my life with their products but I use and abuse mine
>>
>>30174727
It's one of the many companies to peddle sub par quality stuff purely to the audience who can't tell the difference and disregards any consumer base who would dare question the validity of their products and markups.

tl;dr meme
>>
>>30174661
they make good baby food
>>
>>30174785
This guy nailed it
>>
File: eh.jpg (24 KB, 796x414) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
24 KB, 796x414
>>30174785
>>30174775
The reason I ask is because I just got a gerber auto '06 drop point pre-logo/company overhaul, and I was wondering if was worth a damn to even use.
Pic Related.
>>
>>30174727
Because all of their products have far better alternatives out on the market, in all price ranges they offer. And their bad products are REALLY bad.
>>
>>30174803
How much for? Isn't the MSRP around $150? There are way better knives you can buy with that kind of money, anon.
>>
>>30174823
I received it in a trade for my Bradley Kimura XI so I only feel like I upgraded and got the better deal regardless.
>>
>>30174803
The only thing the 06 auto has that is worthwhile of mention is the S30V blade, and even that's not that special. Of course, it is certainly usable. But there are tons of better options.
>>
>>30174838
>Bradley Kimura XI
Nigga, why the fuck did you trade a discontinued knife for an auto priced at around the same price? I mean, the Bradley uses 14C28N, so you can argue that the 06's S30V blade is better, but why give up an item that's getting rare to find?
>>
File: 1458969935051.png (46 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458969935051.png
46 KB, 320x320
>>30174858
For one, I am not jewish. I don't give a damn about rarity per say unless it's immediate, it didn't have the original box anymore and would only be worth as much as I got it for because of that. The idea crossed my mind before but I got sick of it. Because at the end of the day, it's still a meme knife with zero application outside other then scaring the normies.
>>
>>30174803
Well what are you going to use it for? Light EDC? Operationally operating in operational operations? Or maybe using it in bushcraft like a dumb nigger?
>>
>>30174883
Heavy EDC. I figured it could take a bit of heavy use anyways, it's built solidly enough.
>>
File: NBIG.png (13 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
NBIG.png
13 KB, 555x407
>>30174661
In french, '' Gerber" means ''throwing up''. That's not a coincidence.
>>
Maybe it is in 2016.
I got a $30 Gerber folder in 2007 and took it on mission trips to do demo work and home building, used it to clean small game and birds, and all sorts of ranch work until 2011 when I dropped it off a boat into the Gulf of Mexico. Probably one of the best folder knives I've ever owned, second only to a CRKT spring assist. Lost that one too. Been using two Kershaw spring assists, one 2" one 3", found in my couch cushions after a kegger. They're alright but the blade dulls and chips easily. I refuse to spend more than $100 on a folding knife because I own a sharpener and fuck it you can always buy another one.
>>
Ive bought a few Gerber knives/tools over the years, and the only one that didn't break or suck in some way, was a ~3in applegate folder, their multitools are shit, one had a retainer clip thing for the slide-y pliers button lock thing that kept coming loose, sent it in to be replaced, and the new one had the same problem. only has one now. another multitool got gifted to me, the file snapped off, the knife steel is ridiculously soft, and the plastic locking mech for them cracked. oh yeah and they are all noisy as fuck because of that rapid deployment one-hand pliers slide out thing rattles constantly.
had a couple of <$30 folders a LONG time ago, impossible to disassemble or tighten b/c of the pivot pins
Also have the backup boot knife, the steel is cheap, the sheath is stupid and as rattley as the multitools, and the blade came out of the handle once, its less than a half tang rat-tail. I filled the thing up with epoxy and re-set the blade

pic related is the only one i would consider picking up if i saw it for 30 or less. it looks good and thats about all its got goin for it, because the fucking pocket clip is on the wrong end and button locks are retarded.

TL,DR Gerber isnt worth the steel they make them out of, and with the new visual overhaul, probably worth even less. maybe their old stuff on ebay is worth it though
>>
File: GB_Venture_assisted.jpg (60 KB, 1430x818) Image search: [Google]
GB_Venture_assisted.jpg
60 KB, 1430x818
>>30175256
>pic related
>>
>>30175262
I have the old Gerber Auto Drop point pre chinese overhaul so maybe it's gonna be okay.
>>
>>30174661
After being bought by Fiskars, Gerber made its last good knife in 1994, then shipped all production to China and didn't even try to make it good by Chinese standards.

They have had SEVEN product recalls due to them being actively dangerous to use, when the MOST that ANY other knife making company has had is ONE.
>>
>>30175132
Don't eat a lot of Gerber baby food then?
>>
File: img20150504_163921.jpg (926 KB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
img20150504_163921.jpg
926 KB, 1494x2656
It's what all the combat controllers are issued in the AF
Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>30174661

YEs

Gerber died years ago. It is now owned by Fiskars.

You're now buying Fiskars shit, not Gerber.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.