[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possible Pacific Pirating Plan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4
File: possiblepiratation.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
possiblepiratation.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1944
/k/,
I have come here to consult you basement dwellers on this idea of mine.

What if one took a small/medium container ship, mounted a hidden cannon or three on it, and used it to pirate by stealing containers full of iphones and shit like that off of bigger container ships on the open ocean?
>>
>>30173824
Then they're probably going to do the first field tests of the railguns on you
>>
>>30173824
You gonna use your magical metal bending to get those containers from one ship to another Magneto? Do you see a fuckhueg crane anywhere in the middle of the ocean? Gonna re-paint the ship and hope that that is enough to deter the US Navy from chasing you?

Summer everybody.
>>
>>30173824
Even if you did get a ship with a crane mounted on it for this to work, and a large enough crew to have a large enough boarding party to basically operate the entire other ship so that it stays still for your container-switching, you'd still have tons of trouble with port authorities when you'd go to unload because shipping containers are tracked and inspected.
>>
>>30173824
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>30173901
That's a good point, actually.
Maybe we could just have our port of call be in Best Korea, and skip all of that regulations stuff.
>>
I've honestly wondered if it's worth it to do piracy on lakes and rivers against pleasure craft. Speed up alongside, board their ship, take everyone's iphones and laptops, and sell them on craigslist. Maybe push a roastie into the water for keks.

But would it be worth the costs of your boat's upkeep to do it?
>>
>>30173824
Guise, guise...

WHAT IF WE... JUST LISTEN

What if we took the profits of our piracy operation and used them to buy tanks and rifles, and then use the container ship to

>INVADE THE FALKLANDS
>>
>>30173932
Well, if you do it on something like the Great Lakes, then you might get some valuable boat parts too.
also you forgot to take the jewelry
>>
>>30173940
Shit that's a great idea!
>>
File: jdam-5-F-15E-1.jpg (69 KB, 707x393) Image search: [Google]
jdam-5-F-15E-1.jpg
69 KB, 707x393
>>30173824
>What if one took a small/medium container ship, mounted a hidden cannon or three on it, and used it to pirate by stealing containers full of iphones and shit like that off of bigger container ships on the open ocean?
JUST JDAM MY SHIT UP
>>
>>30173824
>stealing containers full of iphones and shit
If you could just open the containers, and steal that way, it'd probably be possible but very tedious compared to just taking over the ship and ransoming it back to the owning company, as pirates already do
>>
>>30174041
But this way, we can do it without attracting international attention immediately. Less pure profit, but lasts longer
>>
>>30174076
do it enough and people eventually track you down with serial numbers and such?

or at least know people who can fence it without it leading back to you
>>
>>30173940
Probably do better than either the british or the argentinians, desu senpai.
>>
>>30174076
>But this way, we can do it without attracting international attention immediately.
Are you dumb? Do you know how long it would take to transfer containers at sea or how hard it is? You'd also necessarily need a much larger boat, and as soon as a witness jots down any identifying info about your ship, you're done. At least with a speed boat or small fast yacht that you just load up with duffel bags, all they can get at best is a model and color since you don't have to subscribe to as many maritime laws about how your ship has to physically behave and what kinds of bizarre transponders you need and how rigidly your access to ports is controlled and shit.
>>
>>30174041
>Stealing iPhones
>The cost and manpower of being pirates with a combat ready pirate ship
>To steal an item made for 10 cents a piece that will likely be sold on the black market for less than 25 cents a piece

Just get a real job kneegrow
>>
>>30174165
Just kill all the witnesses.
>>30174091
For serial numbers, maybe repaint/imprint the serial numbers you left port with on your new, stolen containers
>>
>>30174172
>be sold on the black market for less than 25 cents a piece
fuck no man you sell them retail on craigslist or something, just like any other stolen item

>>30174246
>Just kill all the witnesses.
then who will operate their ship during your hours-long cargo transfer?

>For serial numbers, maybe repaint/imprint the serial numbers you left port with on your new, stolen containers
port authorities require you to declare what you're coming and going with. If you magically come into a new container of iphones, and there was a ship just off the shore getting sunk only a few hours ago, they're going to know something is up.

why are you so obsessed with getting the container itself? it's probably the most insane and prohibitive part of the plan. things are shipped in boxes anyway, you could probably just open the container and take anything man-portable across a line transfer system or incredibly long brow, or even by helicopter or small boat
>>
>>30173953
>valuable boat parts
how do you get them if the boat is in the water? or do you mean siphoning fuel and stealing whole outboards and shit

>jewelry
I always forget that clothes and fashion items actually cost money
>>
underway replenishment is a fucking art in itself when both ships want to do it
and you want to steal an entire fucking shipping container?
>>
>>30174305
It doesn't have to be box and all, and imagine that full searching a big ship would ruin the containers. Just think, if you knew which company did tech company shipping, you could be looking at a $10,00 box. That's a while lot of profit.
>>
>>30174316
Just strip it senpai. You don't care about the people on board. They don't need that GPS.
>>
>how to get shot by maritime security

no thanks
>>
>>30174305
>Selling an item gained by international piracy on craigslist without any laundering

You have no clue how the blackmarket works do you?

You would be selling your ill gotten gains to some faggot gang in a third world port for pennies not fucking craigslist m8, even selling to gang in America is a guaranteed trip to pound me in the prison.
>>
>>30173824
>small/medium container ship,[...] used it to pirate by stealing containers full of iphones

Technically not impossible, a company got an oil tanker pirated earlier this year in the Malacca strait, got diverted into a discreet place where an unidentified tanker (or used as such) belonging to the fucking pirates came and syphoned part of the cargo. So you can do it with other sort of cargo. But what you need is not a container ship, even less so with canons. This is fucktarded and that's not how you pirate shit at sea. What you nedd is a "whatever you can have that is discreet enough and can have a reason to vaguely wander around" mothership with a couple of fast boats to send parties aboard pirated ships. And you will need access to the manifest of the ship to know where to look at. Then again, it is something that has already been witnessed and thus not technically impossible, but they didn't bother to board ships at sea and simply stole the containers in port. Not that I advise you in any way to embrace this career, but tl;dr: modern piracy demands resources and a modicum of skills.

>container ships on the open ocean
Vast majority of piracy or thievery in territorial waters is performed in the Phillipines, Malaysia, Indonesia. What you want is enough passing ships to hide in the flow.

https://icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting-centre/live-piracy-map

Having a look at the reports of the ICC is always interesting and regularly worthy of a few kek when i read what they sometimes pull off.
>>
>>30174384
I'm in vacation and don't have my work docs around, but here's a bit a reading material for the ones of you interested in the matter.

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2015-Annual-IMB-Piracy-Report-ABRIDGED.pdf

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/2014-Annual-IMB-Piracy-Report-ABRIDGED.pdf
>>
>>30174366
>>Selling an item gained by international piracy on craigslist without any laundering
its a fucking iphone who cares

a brand new car? okay, that's hot. blister packaged medications? that's a little weird to be selling. fucking consumer electronics? literally no one asks questions

>hurrr u stole it so u have to sell it to the crips or bluds tehre is no other way

just fucking hawk it on kijiji, who do you think is actually gonna be like "hmmm no this tv looks stolen"

what, do you think that people who knock over houses instead of boats only sell their ill-gotten gains to other criminals? fuck no, they pawn it or sell it online like they would have if they just got their own new tv and have to get rid of the old one
>>
>>30174384
You're a big help man, thanks for the actual thoughts.
I was refining the idea in my head, and if there was some way to remove a ship's communications quickly, you could easily have a couple boats floating around who's job it is to find ships and cut them off from the world. Then it's just a matter of disabling the propeller and calling in the main ship to get the loot.
>>
>>30174420
>There is no difference between a dopefiend stealing a TV and international piracy

You're dumb and those dumb nigs get caught all the time selling stolen shit.
>>
>>30174461
>You're dumb and those dumb nigs get caught all the time selling stolen shit.
yeah when they steal a bike and try to sell it back to the owner, or an iphone shows up already connected to a network

how do you propose tracing virgin commercial electronics, fuccboy
>>
>>30174486
>What are serial numbers?
>>
better hope they don't just blacklist the entire block of IMEIs that you stole because it kills the value considerably
>>
>>30174486
>ship transporting iPhones gets pirated
>Cheap iPhones flood a port city
>law enforcement officials will never notice this pattern

This has to be bait.
>>
>>30174534
what if he doesn't sell them in the port city
>>
>>30174507
>What are people who don't give a fuck cause their country is a shithole
>>
>>30174486
You don't realize the amount of effort invested to fight organized piracy. Internet is easily 50% of the work.
>>
>>30174547
Even third world countries fight organized piracy as hard as they can. You pull a thing like stealing a cargo of fresh phones? That's bound to be noticed, and so bad for business they will do everything to get you, and will be delighted for any help first world countries, Interpol, whoever, might give them.
>>
>>30173915
then it would end in 1 of 2 ways, either you are hunted down by all of NATO and spec ops kill your ass. or if your lucky NATO just bars you from entering all NATO ports. which is the majority of the world. the only places you could dock at is shit hole countries in Africa maybe Russia and best Korea.
>>
>>30174590
If the ship gets stuck in best Korea, you could probably strike a deal with the government to give them the products in the containers at a high discount in exchange for a port of call.
>>
>>30174544
Well how's he gonna get it ashore?
>>
>>30174608
You will never get past the south koreans because they sure as shit won't let you out of the Yellow sea. The only way i can see you pull it off is making port on the East coast and following the chinese territorial waters north-east beyond japan IF the strait between Okaido andSakhalin is not closed, but even then it would require chinese cooperation, and they sure as shit won't be kind to piracy considering how large their civilian trade fleet is.
Better option is to be discreet, hide in the crowd and change ship regularly, being on good terms with a dismantling shipyard in Malaysia or somewhere around and take the ships for a last tour is the better option imho.
>>
>>30174420
>report armed robbery of shipment
>track serial number of said shipment and watch for recent pop out on the market
>found the illicit gains from piracy
>>
>>30174689
the above anon doesn't realize that one doesn't rob a international sea shipping company as discreetly as the grandma down the street.
>>
>>30173953
Yeah, not like the Coast Guard is there, or sailors are armed or anything.
>>
>>30173824
What port are you going to get the hijacked ship to in order to loot it?
>>
>>30174676
Fuck. I keep forgetting what the naval situation around Korea is like; it's an absolute mess.
That being said, with all the kerfuffle in the South China Sea going on, going the northwest route might work very well.
>>
>>30174165
Not to mention it's even more convenient in the Pacific to get an AWACS in the air to bird dog his ship. The hardest decision would be which of the 9999 airbases in the Pacific to send it from.
>>
>>30174716
Bitch I'm stealing the cargo (and possibly the fuel) and leaving the ship the rot out on open water.
>>
I think you'd have more luck smuggling and that's not to say you'd have much luck even then.

Most valuable cargo being human trafficking from China to Japan or Mexico but you'd have to deal with the cartels and Yakuza. Both are infinitely harder to deal with than the Russians or Italians/Spanish.
>>
>>30174165
Best course of action which worked many times would be to commandeer the ship to a rdv point with your mothership after severing all communications. It will buy you time to transfer cargo, even if an alert was raised. Then again doing so in an area with enough traffic helps to hide in plain sight, and spare you from moving your precious mothership toward and area linked to an attack. If you don't traget absolutely gigantic ships but smaller, somewhat more common ones that can dock in smaller ports, a ship with all coms off is surprisingly difficult to find quickly. And you need your own crew to move the ship, the whole pirated crew needs to be secured in the hold to avoid any nasty surprise or any incriminating report after the action that might lead back to you. Then you bring back the ship to high sea, engine broken, coms broken, and let them drift until rescued.
>>
>>30174814
Yeah, but that takes way more dealing with the underworld, and that's just a one-way ticket to trouble
>>
>>30174865
As opposed to dealing with government coast guards and the US Navy?

If you're lucky the US Navy might nab you and put you in prison. If the Thais or Filipinos get you they'll probably just empty .50 cal incendiary in to your ship until you burn to death, die of wounds, or drown.

Maybe there is some LARP group that role plays pirates you can join because I don't think you've thought this through.
>>
I always dreamed to have a little triangular trade naval lane operating between europe, russia and africa. Weapons from russia to africa, drugs from africa to europe, women from europe to russia. Ah, living a life of adventure on the high seas...
Alternatively operating a cargo seaplane in the Phillipines would be an interesting, to say the least, activity.
>>
File: 1453076280501.jpg (258 KB, 795x1092) Image search: [Google]
1453076280501.jpg
258 KB, 795x1092
>>30173824

>What if one took a small/medium container ship, mounted a hidden cannon or three on it, and used it to pirate by...
>stealing containers full of iphones and shit

Why not just capture private boats full of rich people? Hold them hostage for a reasonable amount of money OR steal valuables?

This is what you see in Philippines and Indonesia IRL.

You KNOW what will happen when you mess with large companies - they will use their money to buy security available to large companies, that is, bored ex-military private security guys, which will make things hard for pirates.
>>
>>30174814
A large part of piracy is ransoming the crews, anyway. You can't beat the price per kilogram of living meat.
>>
>>30174887
Well, I was thinking along the lines of cut off their communication, steal their shit, then sino the boat and killer the floaters so that no one is the wiser
>>
>>30174911
People are bound to notice ships full of rich people which stop emitting at some place and never make it to any port. You won't do that for long.
>>
>>30174911
How are you going to achieve this? Fucking HALO jump on to the command deck at night and shoot the captain and communications officer?

Summer is here folks.
>>
>>30174927
I was talking about the cargo ships.
>>
>>30173824

So let nme get this straight... you want to run a Q-ship dedicated to pirating essentially?

First off getting the containers off the boats is probably fucking hard. Those containers are stacked tighter then the virgin marys pussy.

Secondly you'd need a crane (inb4 a crane to get it out meme) to pick the containers up off the boat. Besides how would you even know what containers to get? Gonna steal a shipping list?

Lastly do you think these ships arent gonna report the fucking ship getting super close on they're radars? You think no one is gonna pick up on the mystery cargo ship that closes in on people to board them?

This plans shot to shit anon. Not even the dumbest gangster out of fucking thailand would follow this shit.
>>
>>30174936
>What is schedule
>comm ends in the middle of nowhere arouse no suspicion
Wew lad.
>>
>>30174932

Not OP but fuck that'd be cool as shit and you know it.
>>
>>30174969
And that's why I consulted /k/, cause this idea is merely in its draft stages
>>
>>30174969
Bro,
This dude has got to be the biggest fucking aspie we've seen here in awhile. I think he just watched Pirates of the Carribean 2 or something and is having a complete spergaleptic seizure on this board.
>>
>>30174650
just because they come ashore doesn't mean he has to sell them there. he can truck them out to another city.
>>
>>30173824
the organized crime syndicates that already run piracy might take exception to your plans.

how the fuck are you going to move the containers.

also ships that size are fucking expensive. ships in general are fucking expensive. good luck.
>>
>>30175004
He's going to get seed money from Captain Kangaroo to begin his pirate empire.
>>
>>30174995

So like the faggot that keeps shitting out the battleship threads?

Guess I shouldn't waste my time but seriously? Do people think this shit threw?
>>
>>30175020
You're likely only going to find a more highly concentrated dose of autism in an aviation thread or yeah the battleship guy threads. Assuming OP isn't in fact the battleship guy.
>>
>>30174514
This. IPhones, and other centrally managed products can be remotely bricked by the manufacturer.

You'd get away with it first time for sure. The 2nd time you do this, be sure to not use the previous reciever - 'ol Jaykwon / Mohammad, would be upset at you somewhat, following the execution of his boy Mbongo from an angry customer after the last pallet got remotely bricked.
>>
>>30173824
Fucking lurk summerfag
>>
>>30173848
lol steal some iphones

god rods start raining down on you
>>
File: 1457076113385.jpg (10 KB, 358x422) Image search: [Google]
1457076113385.jpg
10 KB, 358x422
>>30173884
ok lets be real buy the most common medium sized container ship with a crane on it

all you have to do is change the name rather than repaint the whole ship

and if your stealing ipads you could just get the crew to move it you don't have to port in NATO ports you can just prey on normal shipping routes then go back to russia and sell your booty

pay off the docks and everyone gets green hand shakes and we all win
>>
>>30173824
The first thing to do would be to mob it up so you can get away with it. You need a businessman, politician, or gangster to make that cargo disappear or become legit and you can bet your ass since thats the hard part you can bet your ass hell ask for half profit.

Start with smalltime gangster shit if you want to be a pirate someday.
>>
>>30173932
>not taking the whole damn boat at gunpoint and handing it off to a fence then taking the rich fucks on a private plane to mexico for ransom.

Weak.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.