[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT beRTH7jkg >yfw so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: James_Gordon[1].jpg (29 KB, 796x595) Image search: [Google]
James_Gordon[1].jpg
29 KB, 796x595
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTbeRTH7jkg

>yfw some retard who only watches cartoons and movies tries to talk about bullets near you
>>
Oh Jesus
>>
File: 1462059613423.jpg (313 KB, 800x1323) Image search: [Google]
1462059613423.jpg
313 KB, 800x1323
>>30171804
Not all off the mark, but I don't know shit about magnetism. Magneto killed Jean Grey/Dark Pheonix by creating a magnetic "storm" inside her brain killing her, no clue if that means he's skilled at the other facets of magnetism besides ferromagnetism. Still no clue if that means he can control non-magnetic metals but hey, this isn't /co/, and we'd all say Magneto could be killed by a "special" bullet anyhow.
>>
>>30173722
Does anyone on /k/ own a silver bullet?
>>
MatPat is a smart fucker, but goddamn his voice, along with the fact that he's Reddit incarnate it hurts
>>
>>30171804

Holy shit this guy is clueless.
>>
File: 270_TSX.jpg (32 KB, 350x467) Image search: [Google]
270_TSX.jpg
32 KB, 350x467
>>30173857
They make purely copper bullets.
>>
>>30171804
i dunno about ferro magnetism, but he sounds like he has autism
>>
>>30173898

>smart fucker.

Not evidenced by this video, clearly. Have a link to one where he is actually smart?
>>
Why doesn't Batman just shoot the joker full of cum?
>>
>>30171804
Pardon the ignorance but what's wrong with the video? Besides the shooting the whole bullet thing which I think was for humor purposes
>>
>>30175210
Stop posting bad /co/ memes.
>>
>>30175322

the bit about full metal jacket bullets being magnetic but hollow points not is just inexplicably wrong. i think he thinks bullets fire with the case still attached or something and that the case of FMJs are made of steel but hollow points aren't

also the thing about cops using nickle plated bullets in low light is stupid as it's the case thats nickle plated, not the bullet itself
>>
>>30173722
He was only talking about the Magneto from the movies not the one from the comics anon
>>
>>30175210
didnt that happen in the killing joke
>>
>>30175446
>i think he thinks bullets fire with the case still attached or something and that the case of FMJs are made of steel but hollow points aren't
Nah, it sounds more like he's figuring that hollowpoints are all lead and maybe a copper jacket, but FMJs have steel jackets.

In fact, since he's talking about magnets n' shit, it's distinctly UNLIKELY that he thinks bullets are fired with the whole case, since casings are made of brass and are thus not appreciably magnetic.
>>
>>30175476

well, regardless of his thinking he's still wrong on both parts

him saying FMJs are longer then hollow points is what leads me to believe he thinks the whole cartridge is shot. also he said some nonsense about how FMJs are for shooting at higher velocity which is also wrong
>>
File: boolits.png (55 KB, 132x229) Image search: [Google]
boolits.png
55 KB, 132x229
>>30175507
>him saying FMJs are longer then hollow points
He probably thinks that hollow points are just normal bullets with the tips drilled out or chopped off, which is kinda sensible.

>also he said some nonsense about how FMJs are for shooting at higher velocity which is also wrong
But an FMJ would have greatly improved aerodynamics over a hollowpoint, leading to less drop off in speed over its trajectory.

Nevermind that
>him saying FMJs are longer then hollow points is what leads me to believe he thinks the whole cartridge is shot.
makes no logical sense. What part of "FMJs are longer" means that they're shot with the casing still on?

I think you just REALLY want to complain about LE FILTHY NOGUNS and are just rationalizing your hate.
>>
>>30171804
Sigh. Everything can be magnetized, some materials just require an incredibly powerful field. If magneto has absolute control over magnetism he could magnetize a person
>>
>>30175534
That's exactly what comics Magneto does. But not what movies Magneto does
>>
>>30175534
>If magneto has absolute control over magnetism he could magnetize a person
I think he actually does that occasionally, and kills a guy in one of the movies by drawing all the iron out of his blood
>>
>>30175545
That's not magnetizing a person, that's magnetizing the iron in his bloodstream.
>>
>>30175550
Well, still. Also >>30173722 happened. X mans powers are basically magic. or literally magic, because magic exists in marvel canon
>>
>>30175555
You're talking about comics Magneto which has far more powerful habilites than movies Magneto.

For exemple he couldn't have escaped of his plastic jail without Mystic intervention when in comics he could have ripped off the door by magnetizing aka creating a magnetic field around it.
>>
>>30175559
what is your fucking point, you noguns armchair commando fuckwit
>>
>>30175575
My point is you have to compare things that are comparable.

No point in comparing a .50 cal sniper rifle with a 9mm gun in term of power

>noguns armchair commando fuck wit
So because I know comics and movies I'm a retarded noguns? What does it have to do with anything?
>>
File: bullet_shadowgraph.jpg (45 KB, 572x396) Image search: [Google]
bullet_shadowgraph.jpg
45 KB, 572x396
>>30175532

>FMJs have greater aerodynamics

that's also wrong. something going supersonic creates a cone of negative pressure around it. basically, if the tip is pointed enough to make a cone that fully encompasses the object at supersonic speeds, it's as aerodynamic as it can be.

in fact most match grade long range bullets are hollow points because it puts the center of gravity farther back giving it a better ballistic coefficient

also, he clearly compares a full cartridge claiming it as an FMJ to the bullet in the movie scene. he would have used an image of a fired FMJ if he wasn't an idiot
>>
>>30175097
It looks like an anus
>>
>>30175594
>also, he clearly compares a full cartridge claiming it as an FMJ
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>30175594

correction, not negative pressure, just lower pressure
>>
>>30175605
shut up noguns
>>
>>30175594
>in fact most match grade long range bullets are hollow points because it puts the center of gravity farther back giving it a better ballistic coefficient

No that's due to how bullets are physically made (more specifically, jacketed). They're only "hollow points" because the copper jacket is put on from the back forward instead of the other way around which creates a smoother, more consistent surface that improves their ballistic properties.
>>
>>30171804
it was already posted
just go with standard procedure
>dislike
>comment
>like other comment correcting mistake
>>
>>30175340
>bad meme
>>
>>30175476

No he definitely doesn't realize the difference between a bullet and cartridge.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.