[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10/22 mag problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1103.jpg (27 KB, 825x195) Image search: [Google]
1103.jpg
27 KB, 825x195
I bought a 10/22 yesterday, took it the range, Brought it home and cleaned it. Pins in the trigger assembly came out. After finally rebuilding the assembly, the 10 shot rotary mag won't fit in the slot anymore. Anyone have any ideas other than I'm an idiot?
>>
Are you putting it in backwards?
Try locking the bolt back then inserting it?
>>
>>30171753
Tried it, no luck.
>>
>>30171741
Try completely disassembling it again and reassembling it correct, maybe you accidentally messed with the mag catch
>>
Look for assembly errors around the magazine release. There are many many youtube videos on this. If worst comes to worse, any good gunsmith with fix it for you probably free. But youtube is your friend here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ruger+10%2F22+trigger+assembly+
>>
>>30171741

By the way, you are not an idiot at all. No real gun owner out there has lived very long without having a hell of a time getting a gun back together at one time or another. If your really want to become a master of gun puzzles take a look at what it takes to put the trigger assembly of a Ruger Mark-II back together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3YJkOfvxU4

People have spent months.....
>>
>>30173509

This.

I just put a rear mount/scope on my VZ and I found a random inch-ish long pin on the table afterwards. I have no fucking idea where it came from, and I can't fucking figure it out.
>>
thanks for the videos! i'm going to reassemble it again here in an hour. think I see what I did wrong.
>>
So the magazine wont reach all the way to the mag latch plunger. I resetting the bolt in in receiver. From what I see It's almost like the whole trigger assembly is to far forward.
>>
>>30175872
I put the whole thing back together without the bolt the magazine fits perfectly. So it has to be the bolt. any advice. I have tried my damnedest to make sure the bolt it up as far as it goes.
>>
Check the magazine itself for defects. Dents, burrs, the spring or round seat?

Check the magazine catch

Check for any flakey or shiny bits of metal,

I'm sorry i can't help more without actuly being there, but it's what I would do if someone came in and described what you said.
>>
>>30176107
Just figured it out! The ejector lever was upside down.
>>
>>30173618
Having parts left over mean that you've made it more efficient. Good work,anon!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.