[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 43 hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 18
>0.18 smaller then Glock 26

>4 less rounds

>no grip finger pads
Why did so many fall for the hype of this turd?
>>
>>30170655
my dad has one, and i enjoy it quite a bit, even though i generally do not like Blocks. I might even go so far as to buy one eventually. Muh Perfection
>>
>>30170655
It is just a gun for fan boys. They came out with a disappointing .380, then a disappointing 9mm. But the fan boys will yell how it is the best thing ever and that somehow 6 rounds of 9mm is adequate for protection when 6 rounds of .45 or 5 rounds of .38 isn't.
>>
>>30170655
I like Glock, and it's a 9mm single stack
I wish is was the next size up, but real shame
Fingerfucked is a couple times
Might get it eventually.
Would be too bad of a pocketgun
>>
>>30170655
I had a 27 and while I didn't mind shooting it, others hated it. Now I'm shield 9mm and prefer it.
>>
>>30170655
Dubs don't lie
>26 master
>>
>>30170655

>oh my gurd new glock model!

>I gotta get one to be cool!

that is why OP, the 26 is superior, the glock 43 doesnt do anything well, there are even smaller guns with the same capacity (sig p938)

It's just a cheap ass Glock model, the 26 is better.
>>
>>30170655
OY! Shut yer mouf. I love my 43. It's the double stack Glocks that have shitty ergos, and impossible to conceal without printing. The 43 is lighter than all the other single stack striker 9mms, so suck it.
>>
The 26 is the second most popular model, the most popular being the 19.

Only idiots and those easily hyped up into buying things by companies bought the 43.
>>
>>30170655
I'd be all over the g43 if it was the same size as my p938. I want a striker fired or double action pocket pistol that can fill it's place
>>
The 42, 43, and 20 are the only Glocks I give a shit about. The 43 could definitely be better, and much cheaper for what it is, but it is a comfortable, light, highly concealable pistol that by all accounts is mostly reliable. It probably has the best grip and slide of any .380 in that price bracket in polymer strikers. Would I rather carry 5 other pistols or a good revolver? Yes.
>>
>>30171165
>The 43 is lighter than all the other single stack striker 9mms, so suck it.
This is what I like about it, having an XD-S myself I was astounded at how light my buddy's loaded G43 was.
>>
>>30170655

If it isn't a Glock 30 I don't give a shit about it.
>>
>>30170655
>>0.18 smaller then Glock 26
I forgot both guns only have one dimension
>>
>>30170655

>Implying Finger Groves are "Good"
>>
File: laughing portugese man 5.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
laughing portugese man 5.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>announce single stack
>it's a .380
>announce the glock 43 after
>purposely make it 6 rounds
>secretly partner with taran tactical to make baseplates
>$450 ;^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngBdzmH6VI
>>
>>30170655
>>0.18 smaller then Glock 26
It's considerably thinner than a 26 and very comfy to carry.
>>4 less rounds
It has enough rounds for self defense.
>>no grip finger pads
I don't know what you mean by this.
>Why did so many fall for the hype of this turd?
I hate the gun. You see I rented it and it kept trying to walk out of my grip forcing me to readjust after each shot. It felt like shit to shoot and hold on to. I ended up getting a PPS instead, much better gun. At least if you have large hands, the 43 sucks.
>>
Fingerfucked my friend's new 43 earlier today. I liked it, although I didn't shoot it. Feels nice and it's easily concealable.

I'd still prefer my .45 XDS, but I can see where some folks who don't like ,what are to them, the cons of a XDS would prefer the 43 instead.
>>
>>30174011

>It has enough rounds for self defense.
I bet you shit on 1911s for being "low capacity"
>>
File: image.jpg (1007 KB, 3115x2410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1007 KB, 3115x2410
G43 is life. G43 is love.
>>
>>30171165

If the 26 prints, so does the 43, it's .18th of a inch thinner.

My glock 26 disappears in a simple t shirt.
>>
>>30174365
Is the slide release actually functional? I might buy one and sell my shield if it is
>>
>>30174011
>It has enough rounds for self defense.

Your more likely to be attacked by multiple assailants today, 7 rounds is no where close to enough.
>>
>>30174412

They just look cheap ass hell, the trigger was horrible on the one I handled.
>>
>>30174395
Well of course it is. I love my 43, but the Sheild is a fine weapon too. Compare and roll with the one you like the best.
>>
>>30174421
Glock triggers just aren't that great but if I may, people also keep saying that the shield trigger is garbage. It's fine. There's a break in period. They feel like shit if you dry fire a new one in the case but shoot one that's got a few hundred rounds through and the trigger on the shield is really pretty good; not sure if the 43 is similar or not.
>>
>>30174506
I've only dry fired a friends Shield and the triggers were somewhat comparable.
>>
>>30174421

>Glock

>having a good trigger
>>
I just don't know why you wouldn't buy a shield unless you were a rabid glock fanboy.
>>
It fits a little better in a pocket.
>>
>>30170814
I thought the whole point of 9mm over .45 was having more boolits to plug someone with.
>>
>>30170655
The Glock 43 versus other subcompacts is a resounding failure.

Though it features the smallest profile of the major subcompacts at 4.25" in height, it comes in at a huge 1.02" in width. It is by far the fattest of its class, far exceeding the 0.9" of the LC9s and the 0.95" of the Shield.

With regards to magazine capacity the Glock 43 comes in at a miserable 6 rounds. Fortunately its small size allows for considerable expansion. Even with a +1 or +2 plate the G43 is smaller than a Shield 9 with a 7 and 8 round magazine respectively.

However, the LC9S is dwarfed by both, with factory 9 round magazines smaller than the G43 and Shield 9 with 8 round magazines.

The Glock 43 can best be described as miserable and mediocre, chugging along miles behind the Ruger and Smith. While Ruger and Smith have lifetime warranty service Glocks runs out after a short while.

Meanwhile the Glock is nearly double the cost of the LC9S and Shield 9, and with Glock having abandoned its legendary Tenifer finish for a more environmentally friendly but entirely useless finish, the Glock 43 is a solid PASS.
>>
>>30174723
That pasta tho. All that sodium.
>>
>>30174723
So, if one was in the market for a pocketable single-stack 9mm, what would you recommend?
>>
>>30174744
Hit a rental range and try at least 3. I went with the 43. Sheild is just fine as well.
>>
>>30174743
What pasta? I just wrote that.
>>30174744
The 43, Shield, and LC9S weigh 18, 19, and 17 ounces respectively. I wouldn't consider them pocket guns. Hell, just look at the CPX-2. It's lighter, and smaller in every way, but still packs a 10 round magazine.
The LCP, P380, and P3AT are competitive options. The Keltec PM9 is borderline pocket pistol/subcompact, but is even smaller and lighter than the Glock 42.
>>
>>30174891
I've looked at SCCY's guns, but I was hesitant because I hadn't heard much about them at the time. I'll take a look though, I hear they're supposed to have a really good warranty.
>>
>>30174968
>I hear they're supposed to have a really good warranty.

that should be a red flag
>>
>>30174983
That's what made me worried in the first place. The store I found some at mentioned that they'll replace stolen ones.
>>
>>30170655
I got the 43 for the sol purpose of easy concealment. Could of done better.... Could have done worse...
Wont matter much to the aggressor with a new orifice.

>inb4 hypothetical scenarios supported with opinionated flaws of the fire arm

>mu mu muh opinion
>>
>>30174986
SCCY killed their lost or stolen warranty. As it turned out free replacement pistols is a great way to get pistols "stolen". Look up SCCY Time to Crime.
>>30175050
I was going to pick up a G43, but I held it and thought it was way too fucking big for deep concealment. I liked the height, but it was too long, wide, and heavy.
>>
>>30175242
Well that sucks. Are their guns still decent? The reviews I'm reading do not speak highly of their triggers.
>>
>>30175291
Just get either a glock 43, shield or walther pps.

Don't bother fucking with those cheaper 9mms
>>
>>30171183
Get an lcp or lc9
>>
>>30175413
Do not touch the old hammer fired LC9. The LC9s is not bad, but the LC9 is garbage.
>>
>>30170655
dude i pocket cc a 26 but im not about to pretend its somehow as small or would fit as nicely in a pocket as the 43.

the only reason i chose the 26 over the 43 was it can take mags from my 17

come on now
>>
>>30174421
this is why you shell out an extra 15 bucks and buy a 3.5lb connector
>>
>>30170655
I really wanted to live the 43. It's not just thin, it's flat sided, had no pointy beavertail and would clearly be super comfy to carry with great aftermarket support.
Unfortunately, it doesn't fill my grip and I had to readjust after every shot. It's not the recoil necessarily, just the grip. I don't know about if you have small hands but if you have large hands, stay away. It sucks and the shield, xds and PPS are ALL 3 much nicer shooting guns at a lower price. At least for me they are, fit is personal I guess.
>>
File: Copy of glocksafety.jpg (41 KB, 428x414) Image search: [Google]
Copy of glocksafety.jpg
41 KB, 428x414
I'm planning on getting a 26 and getting a safety put on so I don't remove dick. Anyone have experience with these?

(I know it looks ghetto, but it's already a glock)
>>
>>30170655
Because we actually own guns and go to gun stores to handle them instead of shitpost about them on the internet.

On paper they aren't much different, but only an idiot buys a gun because of whats on paper.
>>
>>30176585
Just buy the M&P 9c then. You can use the 17 round M&P 9 mags.
>>
>>30176585
Just get a decent kydex holster
>>
>>30174047
The difference is you are carrying a fullsize steel clunker with only 8 rounds. Why not just carry a fullsize 9 at that point. For a gun this size it has plenty of ammo.
>>
>>30176585
Learn how to carry your gun properly and don't fuck with it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-07-52-49.png (299 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-07-52-49.png
299 KB, 720x1280
>>30176645
Not the same size and I want to use 33 round mags too

>>30176671
>>30176723
Not an argument, see pic
>>
>>30176744
No it is an argument, learn how to use your gun, you don't need a safety.
>>
>>30176744
You know how else you can safely holster it and pick it up? Just use your fucking eyes. Guns don't magically go off.
>>
>>30176744
Listening to some random person on /k/ who doesn't have combat experience instead of 100s of instructors who say its fine is certainly the smart thing to do. You do you bro.
>>
The Walther PPS and the PPS M2 are what the G43 wishes it could have been. Hell, the original PPS came out 9 damn years ago!
>>
>>30176744
>it's a mechanism that allows you to safely holster
That's straight up horse shit. A manual safety is only aids reholstering where you're using a soft holster, and soft holsters are shit.
>and pick your weapon up off a surface
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch. It's really that simple.
>>
>>30176781
>single stack 9 with a quarter inch larger grip but weighs 3 ounces more than a G26
pls
>>
>>30176744
People not turning off their safety under stress, even after training for it, is one of the most common reasons for failing a course of fire/exercise.

Why would you willingly introduce one more way for Murphy to fuck you? Don't holster in a cavalier fashion and you won't have a situation where a safety will help you.
>>
>>30176772
Many of which have actually ND'd their glocks...

>>30176771
>Taking your eyes off the target

Make up your mind, do I listen to instructors or not? This one seems pretty knowledgeable. Try to watch without cringing...

https://youtu.be/a3KQBJdgTPc

This is what you argue in favor of.
>>
>>30176806
>Many of which have actually ND'd their glocks...

How would a safety have helped them?
>>
>>30176816
Lmao it's you who can't be helped. Let it happen, don't say I didn't tell you so.
>>
>>30176803

>thinnest slide of all the single stack 9's
>shoots like a full sized gun
>superior paddle release on M1 and recessed button releases on M2
>adjustable back straps on M1 and PPQ ergos on M2
>large trigger guard for use with gloves
>striker indicator to let you know if the trigger is getting pressed

For all those benefits, I would choose the PPS all day long despite the weight and taller grip.
>>
>>30176841
I shoot HKs so it will never be a problem for me, but you are still a stupid twat who is too much of a pussy to own let alone carry a gun.

In all of the scenarios where the instructors ND'd they would have had their safety off or they did have their safety off.

Even in your contrived and stupid scenario where you drop your gun in a fire fight and have to pick it up off of the ground the safety isn't even to be on.

Just face it you want a safety because you are a pussy and are too stupid to realize how useless it is in all of the situations you think you would need it.
>>
>>30176879
Picking it up as in from your nightstand or safe. Do you leave your gun chambered as you should while it's stored? Do you figure you're going to grab it right in a stressful situation in the middle of the night in the dark?

Sure you can safely holster your weapon in the comfort of your range, but do you figure you can do it under the stress you'll face after oh idfk being attacked and having to shoot someone? Several people even?
>>
>>30176585
Are fucking kidding me?
>>
>>30170814
How is the 26 disappointing?
>>
File: VCnwiuC.png (200 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
VCnwiuC.png
200 KB, 850x656
>>30176998
Literally
>>
>>30176963
>Picking it up as in from your nightstand or safe.

Put it in a holster like you should anyway. My USP45 is sitting in a reinforced remora in my safe right now. You should always have a loaded handgun in a holster.

>
Sure you can safely holster your weapon in the comfort of your range, but do you figure you can do it under the stress you'll face after oh idfk being attacked and having to shoot someone? Several people even?

If I am stressed out enough to have difficulty holstering the gun maybe I shouldn't holster it. Also training can make up for this, which is why instrucotrs teach you these skills.

If you can't holster your gun right because of stress what makes you think you will be able to put the safety on then holster right?

You just want a safety to be your crutch for incompetence and lack of training.
>>
>>30177112
We understand that people have different opinions, we just don't see how anyone could be that stupid.
>>
>>30174585
This. I actually like the feel of the 43 but the Shield beat it to market and executes slightly better.
>>
>>30174479
My girlfriend's dad had a shield and the interchangeable barrels are pretty good. Doesn't feel like a peashooter like the Glock 19 I have.
>>
>>30177370
What?
>>
>>30176781
This I shot then all, the PPS was the nicest to shoot by a lot. I bought the PPS. It's really thin and comfy.
>>
I own a 17, 19, 26 and 43.

I never carry my 17, its pretty much a range toy
I carry my 19 only on hiking trips, day trips to somewhere etc
Since I got my 43 I have not carried my 26. My 26 was my EDC via pocket carry

The 43 is now my EDC, I have it set up with a light/laser combo from streamlight and a custom kydex pocket holster. I shoot it just as well as my 26, but it carries infinitely easier and doesn't print like my 26 does. I think my 26 will become a backpack gun, extra gun for hiking/camping
>>
>>30171728
>shoots .380

nuff said
>>
ITT people impose their opinion as fact on the internet

The shield, glock 43 and others (kahr, ruger etc) are all similar enough where it comes down to personal preference and budget. Look for what you want, finger more than one. I thought I was sold on the Ruger LC9s but when I fingered it I hated the trigger, slide profile and sights. I tried and liked the shield c, but hated the trigger and couldn't get good groups with it like my g26. I tried the Kahr and it was the same as the shield. When I tried the 43 I was shooting out bullseyes with ease at the 7-10yd range. The only dissapointing thing was capacity, but it carries so well as is I don't think I'll get extended mags. Plus I shoot so well with it I'm not worried AS MUCH about capacity like I was worried with the Shield/Kahr
>>
>>30177649
My PPS started getting FTF/FTE and then wouldn't fire (Safety bar issue of some kind in the grips) and I wound up using grip tape and changing grips and nothing would work well. Sold it for the G26 and never looked back
>>
>>30176788
Tell me more, I wasconsidering getting a leather holster over kydex for the silent aesthetic and cool fading the gun over years look
>>
>>30176671
do you have any in mind?
>>
>>30177923
Experiencedfag here;

Leather isn't long lasting and it isn't strong. Bits can fray and curl and work into the trigger guard over time. The sewing can come undone and effect retention. It's soft so it will usually collapse, especially carrying in the pocket or in the waste band which makes putting your gun back in the holster a dangerous project in a shit situation.

Kydex is long lasting and just as cheap. It can work better and be lighter, doesn't collapse so re-insertion is easy and they can be custom fit to just about any gun/light combo out there.
>>
>>30177923
They know the trigger can get pulled by a leather holster but think a kydex one can't do the same thing, like it's made of nothing and has no corners that can get in the trigger guard.

It's glockfag doublethink, a leather holster can pull your trigger but the only thing that can pull your trigger is your booger hook...

Get your leather holster after you get a gun with a safety like it's supposed to have. Formed leather like a police holster is even better.
>>
>>30178008
pistols don't need safeties depending on the purpose. everyone has their flavor and yours is asshat
>>
>>30177912
The LC9s trigger feels a lot worse dry fired than shot, the LC9 was the same way. The difference is that the LC9s doesn't suck when shot.
>>30177923
NOOOOPE! Don't do that to yourself. A good holster needs to keep its form and remain rigid when empty. If it does not do this you run the risk of the holster folding into the trigger guard. Just like a gun belt, a holster that does not remain almost perfectly rigid under its own weight should not be considered.
>>30178008
>it's okay to let your holster grab the trigger, the manual safety is there to let you play with the trigger.

It only needs to happen once.
>>
>>30177981
but kydex doesn't have that aesthetic wear on your beautiful glockacocked
>>
>>30177981
No one uses real leather because it's crap, but the alternatives wear out too, faster than nylon at least.

Kydex is a double edged sword, police departments can't use it because if they get in a gun grab situation the perp can rip the gun out by breaking the holster. They snap right in half quite easily, plus there's no retention other than the two pieces sandwiched together. There are other forms of polymer that work better, like he safariland ALS types, which also look pretty damn classy imo.

ALWAYS go with a level 2 retention or above if you're OCing, which I assume you are if you care about looks. I recommend it even for CC unless you're a fatass who cant run or climb a fence in a tactical situation.
>>
>>30178054
You don't LET your holster grab the trigger, and the safety is not a substitute for trigger discipline, see my original screenshot. it's a fail-safe for legitimate, and surprisingly common mistakes. My friend if you think you'll never make a legit mistake in your life... I got news for you Mr. "Perfection"
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3252x1678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3252x1678
>>30177699
Checked!!

Muh perfection. Off by one digit from my line up. That 17 is my stay at home wife and the 19, 27 and 43 are my rotating cast of CCW pistols.
>>
>>30178008
>noguns
>>
>>30178131
>its perfectly acceptable to increase the odds of a negligent discharge because "it's supposed to have leather"
>>
>>30174968
I shot one and it was by far the worst handgun I've ever laid hands on. Borderline unshootable.
>>
>>30175242
It all depends on the carrier's body and what is being worn. Also what exactly is desired.

The 43 is decent. I got it because i can conceal it with reasonable effort, and it fires pretty well.

Sure its a single stack, 6rounds, 9mm (i love 9mm)
Its for self defense, not a old west shoot out.

But thats me. I'd recommend shopping around and find something that will best serve you.
>>
File: dumb.png (61 KB, 588x180) Image search: [Google]
dumb.png
61 KB, 588x180
>>30177020
>Fan boys can't even read
>>
File: Glock33.jpg (127 KB, 1000x660) Image search: [Google]
Glock33.jpg
127 KB, 1000x660
>>30170655

The Glock 33 is the only small Glock worth carrying.
>>
>>30170655
I prefer the G42 over the G43
>>
File: p938.jpg (29 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
p938.jpg
29 KB, 633x348
This is the only subcompact worth carrying
>>
>>30178008
Kydex doesn't deform, it can crack but thats it. You can also get an injection molded holster too.
>>
>>30178086
>police departments can't use it because if they get in a gun grab situation the perp can rip the gun out by breaking the holster.

Thats for OWB holsters, we are talking about IWB holsters for Concealed carry.
>>
>>30170655
Stop being a faggot and start promoting gun ownership instead of brand elitism.

You should be happy that people are enthusiastic about new handguns.
>>
am i the only guy who likes the glock 42?

haven't held the 43 yet but the 42 feels good in my hands.

not crazy about .380 but as a light clothing carry piece it scratches the itch.
>>
>>30176585
please tell me this is fucking bait
>>
>>30178917
So why do I carry a bodyguard then?

Bang switch works every time
>>
File: reallyvince.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
reallyvince.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>30179865
>bodyguard
>works every time
>>
>>30175291
I have the original CPX-1, and it's pretty good for the price point. Compared to other carry oriented guns I've shot, it's comparable, plus that 10 round magazine is pretty nice. The trigger is fuck awful though, but I've gotten used to it after a few hundred rounds.
>>
>>30174968
Don't fall for the SCCY shills. Anyone that's reviewed it and said it was good only did so because SCCY gave them free shit. The gun is complete garbage to shoot, doesn't feel right in the hand and the recess for the safety digs into your knuckle when you shoot. On a small gun, this hurts like fuck. The reliability is also reportedly shit, mags come not fitting properly, I've heard a lot of stories of the plastic trigger snapping in half. They don't use quality plastic, and they use a lot of it. As far as the warranty goes they'll fix it but won't give you a refund even if it's within the return period listed on the warranty, unless you want half the money you paid.

These things are the new plastic version of Jennings guns.
>>
My dad has one, with a one round extended mag. Tried it at the range, surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot despite being very fucking light.
>>
>>30183391
Yeah, I did a little bit more research on them, and I'm hesitant to get one now. Even if they weren't built like shit, like >>30182291 said they have trash triggers with no aftermarket replacements. I'll likely stick to the big-name pocket Wonder 9s (Glock, Ruger, S&W M&P, maybe Springfield).
>>
File: glock30.jpg (13 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
glock30.jpg
13 KB, 300x252
Is there any point to the 30S? I am thinking of getting one.
>>
>>30183629
I carry one of these and have had it for about a year now. I enjoy the size of it for being able to shoot .45.
>>
>>30183712

Ok, that's basically what I was expecting from it.
>>
I have a Glock 19 gen 4 and I find every aspect of it completely mediocre at best, except for the finish and the reliability, which are both so good that they make up for every other shortcoming of the G19. It fits my hand like shit, the sights are shit, it gives me brass to the face, and the trigger creeps like hell right before the break.

But it's never jammed on me, not even limp wristing intentionally, not even feeding it relatively sketchy 115 grain powder puff reloads. About 1500 rounds.

I've had it holstered on my hip for days in the rain and humidity several times and even had it submerged before and it's never given me even a hint of orange surface rust. Not a single component. I'm convinced you'd have to store one underwater to make it rust.

The finish is also really durable. Look at the barrel hoods on comparable pistols like H&K or Sig and compare them to the barrel hoods on Glocks with comparable round counts. Hell, compare the finish in general. The Glocks simply have a finish that is more wear resistant than any other handgun on the market.

It is not the most fun to shoot in the world but I've found it to be extremely dependable.
>>
>>30174585
Glock has one thick point whereas shield is a lot fatter overall. Might as well get a glock 26 if you're getting a shield.
>>
>>30174619
9mm is a liberal ploy to get you to buy less bullet with each iteration. So this is no surprise
>>
>>30174506
I've had the shield and put 500 rounds through it and sold it because I fell for the "It will get better :^)" meme. It doesn't. Because it's a retarded two-piece trigger instead of just using the same mechanism as glocks just to be special
>>
>>30174723
It's too bad ruger subcompacts are shit
>>
>>30183772
There are other reliable guns out there, and you would probably shoot them better.
>>
>>30183629
Carry a 29 loaded with 10 200gr buffalo bore bear loads.
>>
>>30176585
Just don't own guns if you're at all concerned you negligibly shoot yourself in the dick with it. It's that fucking simple. You don't buy a fucking Hellcat if you aren't comfortable driving without a speed limiter
>>
>>30177921
Good for you.
>>
>>30176744
>Having a valid argument isn't an argument
>But a screencap of someone saying safeties are good is
Get off my board. Go play fucking airsoft if you're that afraid of shooting yourself
>>
>>30176744
>>30176806
>>30176841
>>30176963
>I'm too retarded to safely handle a firearm, someone please strap a mechanism on my guns so I don't shoot myself
You do realize old revolvers don't have safeties right? Very little incidents of people shooting themselves in the leg there
>>
>>30178131
Why does it feel like it's your first week here from some other shit forum like THR?
>>
>>30183772
I agree with you on the glock being reliable as hell and durable but it's finish is NOT as good as HK.
>>
>>30184048
H&K is the first firearm manufacturer I would point at in having a finish inferior to Glock. Look at the barrel hood on any H&K with more than 200 rounds through it and you can practically see the bare steel. Look at any HK that has rode in a holster. H&K seems very resistant to rust, but the finish just doesn't seem to wear as well as Glock's.
>>
>>30176585

I'd you can't trust your weapon, it means you cannot trust yourself.....so you prob should not carry.
>>
>>30184121
I've found the opposite actually. HK stands up much better to shooting and minor scrapes than my glock. I put 1000+ rounds through my USP .45 and it has about as much wear as on my glock 19 that I've put considerably less in (around 4-500 rounds). I still carry the glock because I shoot best with it and its not a huge brick like the USP
>>
>>30183968
Because you put your thumb behind the hammer while holstering. That's proper holstering of a revolver 101. So why is that done?

On a striker that can't be done, so what do you do? ffs you guys aren't being very thorough. What if you have to shove your gun back in your pants and restrain/cuff somebody, or run away and hope a wall? What do you do with your gun? Take your eyes off the threat and take a full 3 seconds to gently holster it? Do you give it a widdle kissy first?
>>
>>30184198
So you're saying with proper precaution taken, you don't need a safety?
>>
>>30184198
>What if you have to shove your gun back in your pants and restrain/cuff somebody
Why the fuck would you do this? This is exactly what you shouldn't do you idiot
>or run away and hope a wall
Why are you running from a clean self-defense shooting? Are you a nigger?
>What do you do with your gun?
Do what I've been trained to do, clear my clothing and reholster my weapon without my finger on the trigger. It's not fucking hard
>>
>>30175413
Really don't like how they feel in my hand and they're slightly larger then the p938
>>
>>30184259

Why is your finger on the trigger while reholstering?

If you ND it's ur own damn fault.
>>
File: 0601161806-1.jpg (967 KB, 2740x1825) Image search: [Google]
0601161806-1.jpg
967 KB, 2740x1825
>>30170655
I just love my 43 so much! >>30170655
>>
>>30184225
A hammer fire won't fire with your thumb behind the hammer. Even if you pull the trigger with retard strength it'll still at least let you feel it pulling back before you glockleg yourself. Glocks dont have that proper precaution mechanism.

>>30184259
You're supposed to be prepared for all situations not just ideal ones. Savages attack in mobs these days, running to nearby safety may be a better bet. What if someone you're with has been injured by the attacker before you put him down, what do you do with your gun before taking medical intervention to help them? How do you think your mind will be working in that type of situation? Do you think you'll have nerves of steel and everything will go according to plan? They say no battle plan survives contact with the enemy, always take extra precaution where you can.
>>
>>30184310
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30170655
I wouldn't want a grip smaller than a g19 on any gun no matter who made it. Not to mention, 9 rounds of anything just isn't enough.
>>
File: 1372269754612.jpg (77 KB, 706x561) Image search: [Google]
1372269754612.jpg
77 KB, 706x561
>>30184320

I knew enough from the thumbnail, and I still opened it.
>>
>>30184335
In all of these hypothetical situation, why are you not immune to forgetting to put the safety on in the first place? Riddle me that, fuckwit.
>>
>>30184349

>9
Your 6 is upside-down.
>>
>>30184320
Fake and gay
>>
>>30184121
That doesn't matter, finish changes the properties of the metal so cosmetic blemishes are irrelevant.
>>
>>30184335
>giving first aid
Put gun on ground
>Getting chased by niggers
Run with the gun in your hand
Holy fuck you faggots are overthinking this way too much
>>
>>30184360
Because you've never had your manual of arms fucked up by not having the safety. You know that your death machine doesn't go 0 to 100 with the equivalent force of a mouse click. There is, and always should be, a fail safe for this type of machine.
>>
>>30184449
What are you even saying? Are you seriously saying that training will make sure you never forget to put the safety on? Nigga, you're fucking retarded. Like just go
>>
>>30184445
HAHAHAHA oh fuck people like you shouldn't even be allowed to own guns.

Fifth rule of gun safety: no unauthorized access. Your gun is never off your person unless safely stored.

Running and climbing with a gun in your hand? Now you're just trying to work around what shouldn't need to be worked around.
>>
>>30184461
Strawmanning and putting words in my mouth just makes you look like you're losing to anyone with a functioning brain.

I'm saying our arsenal of nukes shouldn't operate on a 5lb trigger pull alone. You think that's an exaggerated comparison? Your junk is at stake here my man..
>>
>>30184471
>Laying gun on the ground next to me while giving first aid
>Giving people access to my firearms
Pick one and only one

You've obviously never had to actually do any kind of maneuvering with a weapon, so I'm just gonna say that you don't use your hand muscles to haul you up a wall, moron

>>30184498
>Strawmanning and putting words in my mouth just makes you look like you're losing to anyone with a functioning brain.
Cool, so you're going to stop then?
>>
>>30184498
>He's using nukes in an argument
Get a load of this SJW

If all you've got is projection and logical fallacies, just go away
>>
>>30184498
>Your junk is at stake here my man..
Why do you assume I carry like a retard just like you?
>>
>>30184360
training and muscle memory. It costs nothing to ride the safety when holstering, and if you train that way it is almost impossible not to. Not even a matter of "forgetting."
>>
>>30184507
>You don't use your hands to climb walls
Not even worthy of a smug anime face. You may be able to pull the fat guy throw your leg over it thing, but I vault standard 6 foot walls. I train for it specifically because this is something you may actually have to do, unlike people who think they're going to get stuck under a 300lb barbell in a real world situation. Get real, fatty.

Here's another scenario. Officer Retard shows up after receiving a call of shots fired and sees you with a gun in your hand, or if you're as dumb as this guy with one next to you. You can guess what happens next.

>>30184522
Youre the one with neurons misfiring in all directions. Address my actual argument not the means of arguing. Why do you think a deadly weapon should go 0 to kill with only a 5 pound trigger housed in a thin piece of plastic? You think your finger is the only thing that can pull it? No, and it isn't just drawstrings and clothing you have to worry about.
>>
File: cock.jpg (12 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
cock.jpg
12 KB, 224x225
>>30170655
I came here for the cocks.
>>
>>30170655

the 43's also has a really cheap finish, lots of reports of them rusting.
>>
>>30184691
>Not even worthy of a smug anime face. You may be able to pull the fat guy throw your leg over it thing, but I vault standard 6 foot walls. I train for it specifically because this is something you may actually have to do, unlike people who think they're going to get stuck under a 300lb barbell in a real world situation. Get real, fatty.

Do you sound this autistic in real life?
>>
>>30184664
The best manual of arms imo, and the best of both worlds to settle the whole safety vs none argument:

Have a gun with a safety, and when youre in an ideal situation holster it without the safety. Every time you draw you sweep the safety even when it's not on, assume it is in case of accidental activation, in case you have to draw again after holstering in under non-ideal circumstances, and in case you're retrieving your firearm that's been stored on a surface/in a safe (if you set it down for storage loaded the safety should be on).

Of course this doesn't help you in a gun grab scenario.
>>
>>30184725
I'd rather listen to an over-thinking autistic than an under-thinking macho wannabe.

What's your opinion on bullpups?
>>
>>30174723
>52 thou wider than a shield

well holy fuck somebody call the print police, this nigga be printin like crazy now.
>>
>>30184726
Sorry, I read that a couple times and I can't understand what you're trying to say. When I speak of safeties I am mostly thinking of 1911s, where the safety is not optional. Granted sometimes the safety will disengage over course of the day, but it's the act of holstering that you need to worry about. My DA/SA pistols I just leave safety off, and and big lever does not move.

My Glock 43 is my first striker fired pistol, and I am just not super comfortable holstering it yet. I know people do it all the time, but Glock leg is a thing.
>>
>>30184904
I'm saying carry without the safety but train to sweep the safety on the draw regardless, in case it accidentally engages or or you decide you're going to use it when the circumstances of holstering arent ideal, you're carrying with a CC holster, or you're going to store the weapon.
>>
>>30185044
So you are saying to leave the safety off, but practicing disengaging on the draw anyway in case circumstances require engaging the safety. Sure, sounds like a best practice depending on the pistol. 92FS for example.
>>
File: DSC02386.jpg (2 MB, 4491x2673) Image search: [Google]
DSC02386.jpg
2 MB, 4491x2673
>>30173969

>What's this G40 10mm MOS I'm hearing aboooOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
>>
>>30184406
Good to know you spent so much time examining my cum, faggot.
>>
>>30178917
That seems like the best option other than...well, SA only. That I'm not sold on.
>>
>>30179865
>bodyguard .380 auto

I got mine, sent it back to the factory 7 times, and ultimately returned it to the dealer.

>Take it to the range first try
>Every 2-3 rounds FTF/FTE
>Trigger measured heavier than ANYONE's guages (We estimated 25-30 pounds, physically painful to pull the trigger once)
>Light primer strikes EVERY time, had to pull the trigger LITTERALLY 18-20 times to get one shot off
>Tried with different ammo, all same results
>Send it and get it back, take it to the range to see if Smith fixed it
>Fire 1 bullet
>Magazine drops free
>Replicate this with 100% reliability
>At least there's no light primer strikes
>Send it back and receive it again
>Magazine still drops free, now takes about half a mag to do it
>For some reason the trigger now locks back, wont reset, randomly but not all the time
>Mag release is very squishy and it accidentally activated and ejects my mag when I tried carrying it (I had a REAL gun don't worry)
>Send it back and recieve it again
>Mag problem fixed
>FTF/FTE Every 3-4 rounds, again

Did I mention the laser never worked for it?
>Turn on
>Dry fire 18 times
>On 19th pull the weapon discharges
>Recoil shock turns off laser

When I did my research it seems the QC for the gun is horrid, you'd either get a good one and like it or get a completely worthless brick.
>>
File: 1463200016808.png (97 KB, 548x272) Image search: [Google]
1463200016808.png
97 KB, 548x272
>>30186785

Jesus that's terrible, I thought S&W was pretty decent on QC?

Like I never hear of M&Ps having problems out of the box, ever

Did they outsource production to India or something for the Bodyguard?
>>
>>30186785
Sux bro, mine works perfectly. Never had a failure even after I took it to the beach and the action was sandy as fuck.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.