[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
357 Revolver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Mosin revolver.jpg (24 KB, 560x304) Image search: [Google]
Mosin revolver.jpg
24 KB, 560x304
Can anybody tell me of a 357 revolver that isnt smith and wesson or ruger? it doesnt have to be top quality but i dont wnat some saturday night special either.

pic not related just first wheelgat i found in my folder
>>
Chiappa
>>
Manurhin MR73.
>>
>>30166600
Dan Wesson.
They have an oddly short hammer throw and they do have their quirks as far as the interchangeable barrel assembly goes but they are all built like a brick shithouse and sell for quite a bit less than a comparable S&W. Could even look around for a .357 Maximum/SuperMag if you wanted to reload.
>>
>>30166691

I have given my dad a Dan Wesson, and by far the most extreme sex dick stiffening revolver I've Touched. monsoon plant most desirable.
>>
>>30166600
>Bubba the gunsmith get a nagant revolver.

>Doesnt attach a motherfucking suppressor but rather a loudener
>On one of the only common gas seal revolvers
>Thats fires a catridge so anemic that the nobel families of 18th century europe feel sorry for it

RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30168877
Noble*
>>
>>30166600
I bought a 6" taurus 66 4 years ago. While If I could do it all over again, Id spend the extra $200 on a smith or ruger but damn its a good gun. well over 20k rounds down the gun, about 25% being magnums, the rest specials. Still going strong and shooting great.
>>
File: coltpython.jpg (24 KB, 400x235) Image search: [Google]
coltpython.jpg
24 KB, 400x235
>>30166600
>>
>>30166600
No, only sw /k/frame is acceptable.
>>
File: 1408924503959.jpg (2 MB, 3835x2545) Image search: [Google]
1408924503959.jpg
2 MB, 3835x2545
>>
File: szbu4p.jpg (380 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
szbu4p.jpg
380 KB, 1000x667
>>30166600
S&W and Ruger are the best bang for the buck.
Dan Wesson and Colt were excellent to but were discontinued.
on the higher end you've got Korth, Janz, and Manurhin.
on the lower end you have Taurus, Rossi, and Charter.
then you've got SAA clones by Uberti and Freedom Arms.
a few oddballs like the Chiappa Rhino, a few now discontinued Mateba models, the discontinued Medusa 47... and I think that might be it as far as .357s go
>>
>>30169648
$6,000,000 OBO
I know hwut I gots
>>
File: IMAG0095.jpg (602 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0095.jpg
602 KB, 2688x1520
>>30172490
Pretty much this. Used Smith's and rugers are the cheapest quality 357's you can find with relative ease. Dan Wesson and colt, though both equal to the previous two in relative quality(same general price tier and workmanship fanboyism aside) are usually harder to find but strangely around the same price. Taurus/Rossi are your entry level beater revolvers based on S&W designs but quality is kinda spotty sometimes due to metallurgy and lack of any hand fitting(almost all cnc, I think the trigger group is put in by hand but no polished surfaces or burr removal.) Charter is spotty at best due to constant ownership change and changing QC practices. All the European 357's are nice, but at a price(even old MR73's have shot up lately)

I personally like /k/ frame Smith's due to the fact they're easy to find, cheap since many like the 13/65 and 19/66 are old police trade ins but are usually in good working order and can be found for sub $700 in my area(north TX).

Pic related my model 13. I paid $355 for it and added the Smith wide target grips for $90 from a grip dealer. Just doesn't like hot, look light <158gr loads. Could split the forcing cone.
>>
>>30166656

this. even the surplus imports are better than new production shit and wesson
>>
File: Colt-Trooper-Mk-III-Nickel.jpg (124 KB, 750x364) Image search: [Google]
Colt-Trooper-Mk-III-Nickel.jpg
124 KB, 750x364
>>30166600
Colt Trooper
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.