[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My landlord sold their house, but I get to keep paying rent here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: 32543545.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
32543545.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
My landlord sold their house, but I get to keep paying rent here at the same price.

What should I do about my guns? Just hide them and never mention that I own guns? Or mention to the new owners that I own guns and try to be respectful about it?

Hard mode: I live in Commiefornia
>>
>>30161631
European Extreme Mode: I forgot to mention that the landlord's daughter and boyfriend are moving in.
>>
>>30161631
no one needs to know you have guns, its not like a dog or cat
>>
>>30161668
actually with californias 3rd degree gun violence, if someone finds it you could be responsible
>>
>>30161668
The thing is that the room I rent is pretty small and I have 2 pistols and 8 rifles. Not sure how well I could conceal that, especially with the amount of ammo I have and the amount I pull them out to go shooting.

I've never met her daughter, but this is California. I could easily see some recent USC grad freaking the fuck out because I have a couple scerrry guns in the house along with a shelf of games and manga. Doesn't look good to the typical Californian.
>>
>>30161631
Move to Arizona.

But don't be a fucking faggot.
>>
Are you going to hide your blender and power drill? It's just a tool
>>
>>30161631
>>30161696
Don't worry, OP.
>>
>>30161701
Getting lucky and making $20 an hour with no education has been working out in this state, unfortunately.

Plus, I campaign very regularly here for guns. I'm not a coward like most California gun owners.
>>
>>30161702
Hard mode: OP is a tool. OP must remain hidden.
>>
>>30161746
Typical un-American faggot spreading his anti-American filth, belittling other US citizens based on the state they live in.
>>
File: 1464921137935.gif (457 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1464921137935.gif
457 KB, 300x169
>>30161736
>>
>>30161696
Hide them under your mattress. If that doesn't work hide them at you parent's house or at a pro funs friend's house.
>>
derailing op thread with background check question

>10 years ago I was a stupid kid and got arrested
>privileged white male so just get a slap on the wrist

can I check no to being arrested?
>>
>>30161816
I only think background checks look for felonies
>>
>>30161816
Were you charged and convicted? If not, you are good.
>>
>>30161631
Move somewhere else?
>>
>>30161816
The background check doesn't usually ask if you were arrested, but rather if you were CHARGED with anything and that those charges actually stuck.

>>30161736
>I campaign for guns, I'm not a coward!
>s-should I hide my guns from some woman who is moving into a place I legally pay for and have a legal right to own and store firearms?
>>
>>30161816
Probably, because there's likely no record. Even if you did check yes, as long as it's not violent or a felony you should be fine I think
>>
I'd say don't do anything. Don't go out of your way to let them know, but definitely don't hide them from the new landlord either, unless of course you have reason to believe they'll kick you out for having funs. Treat it like any other hobby for the most part.
>>
>>30161851
The second amendment protects people from the government, it does not permit the government to disallow a private citizen to ban firearms on their own property.
>>
its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission
>>
>>30161816
STOP
NO SERIOUSLY STOP
WHAT ARE YOU APPLYING FOR
IT MATTERS

If you're applying for some Starbucks, McDonalds, BestBuy, or bullshit, check "no". They are not allowed to ask about arrests.

If you are applying to a power plant, law enforcement, a fortune 500 company, or anyone else with clout you should "voluntarily" disclose arrests. If you got ARD or some other program of the sort you will be branded untrustworthy and pretty much permabanned from the industry.

- power plant worker
>>
>>30161696
hide them initially and over time gradually bring up guns, find their opinion, and if they are progun let them in on it
>>
>>30161816
The firearm form typically only asks if you were arrested for a domestic assault or felony violent offense. Or something to that nature.
>>
>>30161892
A pastor told that to me when I was 12. Never looked back. I adjusted it to basically "don't get caught."
>>
>>30161631
how old are you?

keep your damn mouth shut. if you nobody asks you, dont mention a fucking thing.
>>
>>30161901
If they are anti get a nice pro fun event thing take them along to the range.
WOLOLO
>>
File: case-dscf0289.jpg (56 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
case-dscf0289.jpg
56 KB, 700x525
>>30161756
Christ, m8. It's a fucking joke.

>>30161696
>put guns in socks
>put in guitar case
>lock guitar case
>play wonderwall
>>
>>30161932
23. As this thread has gone on, I'm leaning towards being very quiet about it. Now I'm just scared of curious new roommates getting suspicious and calling the cops, getting my room raided. That means no guns for a few months while I sort out that everything is legal and that I'm not crazy.

Or something like that. Who knows, there are so many laws in California, you don't even know what's going to happen to you every time you get pulled over for a busted light.
>>
>>30161631
hey op: former real estate property manager here. The supreme court is pretty clear on you being allowed to keep firearms in your place of permanent residence. Your landlord cannot kick you out or restrict your 2A rights in any way. (how colleges get around this with dorms I don't know, maybe its temporary residence?)

your best bet, because you do have to still live with these people, is to do what >>30161668 and >>30161856 said. Just don't mention them unless they ask you directly. If they do be cool about it. Say "oh yeah, I go to the range sometimes, its a neat hobby." and offer to take them sometime.

Id recommend not going shooting for a week or two so they get to know you first, it being CA and all, but don't go out of your way to hide them.

just my advice, but let us know your plan
>>
>>30161631
Ausfag here, I successfully concealed my ownership of several handguns and a bunch of rifles from people whom I rented rooms to in my house.

I was the landlord obviously so it was a bit easier but I assure you that you can easily conceal these things from those who share a house with you. Just don't let them see.
>>
>>30161977
Good advice. I work with a lot of property owners in my line of work and I've looked into a lot of the laws. From what I've gathered, someone who owns property has the right to ban things from it, like guns, alcohol and even smoking tobacco on the property. That has gone as far as to ban owning guns there as well.

Picture it like how Starbucks and Chipotle have banned guns from their stores. They are completely within their legal rights to do that. Kind of like how a Catholic church can deny marrying a gay couple. The Bill of Rights and Constitution protect you from the government, not other people. (which I sort of agree with in a way)

Either way, it seems sticky. But this is my first time renting from someone who wasn't someone I was acquainted with already.
>>
>>30161631
It's illegal for them to do anything to do based on gun ownership or possession.
>>
>>30162094
Based on what? Cars aren't in the constitution, can they ban you from parking a car on their property?

Realize that a private entity has significantly more right to ban objects than the government does.
>>
>>30161856
She can't pour beer for shit.
>>
>>30162243
My first thought. Isn't she a boomer? Aren't they supposed to be the kings and queens of rolling joints and pouring beer?
>>
>>30162162
It's a constitutionally protected right in a place of permanent residence. It's illegal to ban registered emotional support animals from housing rental units as well and those sure as shit aren't constitutionally protected.
>>
>>30162335
Not in a place considered private property.

Private property rights. The owner can do whatever the hell they want.
>>
>>30161696
Pretend to be gay.

Join the pink pistols and say its for gay bashers.

ITS THE ONLY WAY OP.
>>
>>30162356
Pretty much this like >>30162049
said. Private property has significantly more leeway when it comes to deciding what they will or will not allow on their property. If the landlord says they can't have guns, I'm not aware of any renter's laws that allow the OP to circumvent that.
>>
>>30162357
genuinely the best advice I've gotten in this entire thread. I'm so down for that.
>>
>>30161922
>Right before he buttfucked me
>>
>>30161631
I really don't want to poor bash anyone but you should probably sell most of them and figure your life out so that you can get your own place.
>>
>>30162664
Depends on the state some have it that a LL can't ban renters from owning firearms and keeping them.
>>
>>30161953
What city and county?
>>
>>30162049
If you don't have a no guns clause in your lease or rental contract, you're golden. They can't tell you to lose the guns.

What they can do is not renew your lease, or give you a 30 day notice to vacate. Depending on which city/county, you could have significant legal grounds to fight them.

This is all assuming that they find out you have guns. As long as you keep your guns closed up in a chest or cabinet or safe, your landlord has no right to look or ask about the contents. If you think they're snooping while your not present, get about 3 trail cams. Set them for motion sensor mode, disguise them if necessary. Set one to watch your entry, put one inside your gun safe or cabinet, put one inside your closet. If any of them show evidence of landlord snooping, you have proof and grounds for one hell of a lawsuit.
>>
>>30162356
No, they can't actually. You just think that because you don't bother challenging them on it.
>>
>>30161691
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
So in California your landlord van take away constitutional rights?
>>
>>30164114

>california
>rights
>>
>>30162732
>I'm so down for that

I bet you are, you fucking faggot
>>
I tried to hide my gun ownership from my roommates. They know I have a bow and arrow, so I'm able to explain away why I get cabelas/J&G/etc brochures in the mail.
But then NRA sent me some stuff to try and get me to join. I had to play that shit off by saying how me buying from cabelas and whatnot probably prompted NRA soliciting.

Although one of my roommate was interested in that NRA shield sticker they sent me. She stuck it on her door.

Still deciding if I should tell them. If I ever want to go for that CMP M1 or some other C&R gun, one of them will bound to sign for it and that shit isn't gonna be explained away unless their critical thinking melted out their brain.
>>
>>30161736

>Plus, I campaign very regularly here for guns

That's like saying you're going to combat coastal tides with a bucket.
>>
>>30161631
Wait for them to come in the house and be in the middle of cleaning your guns and humming.
>>
>>30164165
Mmmm yes what else daddy
>>
File: chicago.png (294 KB, 959x771) Image search: [Google]
chicago.png
294 KB, 959x771
>tfw in the same situation
>tfw living in Chicago
>tfw own a number of Chicago-unfriendly funz
>tfw about to move to a place that only has street parking
>tfw thinking about getting guns from room to car
brb putting band stickers on all my gun cases
>>
>>30161736
>Plus, I campaign very regularly here for guns. I'm not a coward like most California gun owners.

good on you, too many of those faggots moving around like pussies instead of fighting back
>>
>>30164009
in cali, the tenant rights are insane. So getting him evicted would be really hard, even if they did have a no guns clause in the rental agreement.
>>
File: pussy nigga.jpg (96 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
pussy nigga.jpg
96 KB, 500x481
>>30161631
I dunno about lease laws in your specific area (they vary wildly even from city to city) but where I live, you are by no means obligated to tell your landlord what you do on your rental unit, and they can't take you to court over anything you do on your rental unit unless it either demonstrably causes damage to the apartment, or is in violation of a written lease or associated rental bylaws. In addition, you cannot be asked immediately to leave, but only to cease doing whatever it is you're doing that is in violation of the lease or is causing damage.

I imagine it's similar for your area. Basically, you don't have to tell them you have any guns unless they shove a new lease under your nose stipulating that you can't have guns, and you subsequently refuse to update it because of that new rule.

And even then, because it's a change of an existing lease, you can probably refuse without penalty -- renters rights usually dictate that a landlord has to prove that changes to a lease are necessary, and not the other way around of a tenant having to prove a landlord's proposal is unjust.

>le commiefornia meme
Actual weapons laws have nothing to do with what you can keep in your house as a person renting a property, as long as your stuff is legal in general. Please don't listen to /k/ on what gun laws are in your area, you probably know them better than some jealous New York shitposter who's lived with mommy in the suburbs his entire life.
>>
>all these people saying HIDE UR GUNS OR DA GUN GRABBER WILL TAKE EM AWAY
>thinking that a landlord can just up and evict a tenant for arbitrary reasons

How many of you have ever actually rented an apartment or other rental living space?

>>30161668
>its not like a dog or cat
You absolutely do not have to tell your landlord if you have a dog or cat unless it's specifically a no pets building, and even then, pet prohibitions tend to be shaky at best and completely non-binding at worst.

>>30161977
>(how colleges get around this with dorms I don't know, maybe its temporary residence?)
I think it's because dorms aren't "real" living spaces, they're just lodging. You're technically not renting a small apartment, you're getting an extra boarding service from the school. It's also why dorms can do things like not have bathrooms in all the rooms, or restrict cooking appliances. They're not "real" apartments.
>>
>>30164971
That doesn't mean the fight shouldn't be fought.

http://www.offrosterguns.com
>>
>>30161631
as the son of a landlord of a small enterprise of a few houses for rent in florida, having guns in the house is of zero concern
he is more worried about smoking in the house, trimming the trees without permission, and/or not being able to pay.
>>
>>30166184
>This

Landlords care about money and damage to the house more than anything.
>>
File: 050.jpg (549 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
050.jpg
549 KB, 1200x1600
>>30162162
>can they ban you from parking a car on their property?
Yes, yes they can. In fact many apartment complexes have limited lot space and require anything not in a designated visitor space to have a tag.
>>
File: 114529364[1].jpg (896 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
114529364[1].jpg
896 KB, 3000x2000
>>30162243
>>30162298
Fuck the Clintons, the Obamas are the true presidential beer drinkers.
>>
>>30166305
>Obama likes dark beer

Well. At least he has one redeemable quality.
>>
>>30164659
You should unfuck them and take them on a range day.
>>
File: 08-obama-beer.w529.h529[1].jpg (93 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
08-obama-beer.w529.h529[1].jpg
93 KB, 529x529
>>30166314
He appears to be an equal opportunity beer drinker.

>Stupid articles questioning why he's drinking hefeweizen mid-day in Germany
>>
>>30164114
So property owners shouldn't have the right to make rules on their own personal property?
>>
>>30162356
I. What?

You literally are not allowed to force someone to get rid of service animals. It's not permitted. Because it's like forcing someone to stop taking critical medications, or to stop using critical medical devices.

In fact, the emotional support animal thing is an extension of having to allow service animals in general, and emotional support animals are now considered valid service animals.

>>30166379
>So property owners shouldn't have the right to make rules on their own personal property?
Renters rights, fuckface. The government owns the USA; why do they have to let you have constituional rights? It's their land, after all. :^)
>>
>>30166393
>in the future, crying about your emotional support animal will be sufficient evidence of psychological issues and will get your guns taken away
>and you'll deserve it
>>
>>30166507
>implying guns aren't emotional support devices

admit it, that glock under your pillow is just a particularly mechanically complicated teddy bear to help you sleep at night
>>
>>30166537
>cats are a constitutional right
>not owning a bedside table
>>
>>30166314
I'm interested to hear the perspective of these people that say Obama has fucked literally everything up.
I'm not saying the dude or his actions were perfect but seriously I think it's hard to defend the "I don't think he did a single thing right" position.
>>
>>30166718
>cats are a constitutional right
It doesn't have to be a constitutional right to be protected from intervention of landlords, and the constitution only limits federal law-making power anyway, it's not a direct control on people nor is it a direct declaration of criminal or civil code
>>
>>30166741
The problem has more been that his refusal to take any kind of hard stance and instead trying to be a balanced conciliator, combined with the Republican congress fucking about and getting literally nothing done has led to basically stagnant government.

But the "thanks Obama!" types are still fucking stupid.
>>
>>30161816
Can't start your own thread, dipshit?

Not OP, but fuck.
>>
>>30164009
Would have to have clause in lease agreement... Otherwise be quiet and cool for a bit. Look like poster child for responsible gun owner.

http://www.allpropertymanagement.com/blog/2013/05/21/can-landlords-limit-their-tenants-second-amendment-right-to-bear-arms/
>>
>>30162357
This is the best advice you are going to get.

If you bring a girl home you could be "just trying it".
>>
>>30162664
yeah but doesn't California have some of the most cucked property laws in the union? Is it basically impossible to kick a squatter out of a home that you own? If not impossible, legally difficult.
>>
>>30161631
Does your lease (you have a lease, right?) specifically prohibit firearms? No? Then you're good.
>>
>>30166393
Emotional support animals are *not* service animals. The definition is regulated by Titles II and III of the ADA.

1: It MUST be a dog, there are NO OTHER legally recognized service animals.
1a: Some states recognize that folks with dog allergies need accommodation as well, but largely the "alternate" animals are mini horses.
2: The dog MUST provide a specific support service to the physiologically or psychologically disabled person. Everything from sight or sound guide/signal dogs, to dogs who are trained to recognize someone about to go through some sort of a psychological episode are considered service animals. "Boo-boo, my handbag chihuahua who keeps me calm when I'm walking in a crowd but hasn't ever actually been trained" is not.
3: While the FHA does allow for emotional support animals, they are not considered pets. If you have one and the smell tests says it's a pet, not an ESA, then it's a pet.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.