[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a proper name for this type of weapon? Where would it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Kakihara2.jpg (115 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kakihara2.jpg
115 KB, 640x480
Is there a proper name for this type of weapon? Where would it be found?
>>
>>30161125

Knitting needles?
>>
>>30161125
Potentials
>knitting needles
>prison shank
>drug addict back up weapon
>scrap metal objects I would fight my friends with as a kid
>>
ice-picks
kebab skewers
pointy sticks
>>
Chop sticks?
>>
>>30161125
urethra probes
>>
>>30161131 here
I would like to change my answer to >>30161189
>>
>>30161189

---- /k/ - Weapons ----
>>
>>30161131
>>30161162
>>30161170

Peasants.

Those are 峨嵋刺, or emei needles. I have no idea why Kakihara is using them, since they're Chinese and not Japanese, but whatever.
>>
>>30161286
Where would one acquire such weapons? Would they be bait to purchase?
>>
>>30161310
Online or at any relatively large Chinese Martial arts store. They're like $25 for a pair, although I have no idea why you'd want them.

I'd also check your state laws, since lots of states have crazy laws against weird things, like nunchaku, kubotan, etc.
>>
>>30161332
Cool. Any significance as to why Kakihara's didn't spin and were more like just needles?
>>
>>30161635
The finger ring is optional. Lots of them are devoid of the hoop; I think it's a style-decision based on what martial art school you use. Similar to how some jiang have ring-handles, prongs, sash-latches, etc.

Could also be a deviance in the fact that Kakihara is a Jap. Lots of Chinese weapons inspired the Japanese to make weapons of their own.

There's also the 判官笔, which are also needle weapons but usually a lot thicker than what he's holding in that picture.
>>
>>30161286
>>30161750

So what's the benefit of using these rather than a sharpened knitting needle?
Or a stiletto?
>>
>>30161125
shank
prison
>>
>>30163626
>Or a stiletto?
What does a stiletto have as a benefit to any other dagger of similar size? the only difference from it is a cutting edge

it stabs as well as any other dagger. you get it because you want it.
>>
>>30161750
(been a few hours) Thanks for the info, that's all very interesting. I'm assuming Emei needles are legal in the UK?
>>
>>30163626
s talking out his ass, they weren't special daggers they were just big needles, he used them because they take longer to kill than a knife or something like that, thus they cause more pain and that's what he was all about
>>
>>30161189
best answer
>>
>>30161286
What would the Japanese counterparts be called?

All I can think of is senbon, but that's from a childhood of watching Nardo and I'm not sure I can trust that as a source desu lad
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.