[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a unexpected windfall and now i'm looking to buy a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Swivel Gun.jpg (8 KB, 300x268) Image search: [Google]
Swivel Gun.jpg
8 KB, 300x268
I got a unexpected windfall and now i'm looking to buy a 2 or 2,5 inch swivel gun. Why a swivel gun you might wonder, well mostly because it's one of the few types of weapons you can own in my country that doesn't require you to jump through endless legal and bureaucratic hoops. Sure it's not much of a home defense gun (unless you get a very early warning) but it would be a fun piece to fire off a salute on national holidays, birthdays etc with. Maybe do some target shooting as well if i can scramble up enough shots for it.

My question to you guys is: Anyone know a good place to get a modern-made blackpowder swivel gun?

Other than that, blackpowder general i guess
>>
>>30160369
if bp isn't regulated in your commie shithole, there are a lot of better options.

try to find a starr double action revolver reproduction. pietta makes one.
>>
>>30160369
I want to believe that someone could and would defend their home like it was 1812 and boarders are climbing onto the deck
>>
>>30160369
Here you go Anon
http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/cannons.htm
>>
>>30160369
get a coehorn mortar in a bore size that soup-cans can fit
>>
Bumping just because the premise of this thread amuses me.

Given their special legal status, is it legal to fire a BP gun using smokeless?
>>
>>30164212
Yes. Whether it is advisable is up for debate.
>>
>>30164212
Legal, probably. Smart, fuck no. There's a reason BP weapons are labeled "BLACK POWDER ONLY", and it's the same reason modern weapons don't use black powder anymore. It generates about twice the pressure and will blow up the gun, along with anything close enough (ie. your hand).
>>
>>30164233
You could probably work up a load that would work and not blow up your hand as there are people who shoot conversions with light loads of trailboss but without the brass containing some of the pressure I'm not sure how smart it is.
>>
>>30164233
The uk have some muzzle loading .357 revolvers.
>>
>>30164273
It's simple to do smokeless loads for BP guns.
People saying BP is lower pressure are wrong. The Brits had no problem getting BP to 120kpsi in artillery tests. The difference is in how much powder is used to reach those pressures.
>>
File: tmp_10023-cannonb-1860976769.png (104 KB, 241x183) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10023-cannonb-1860976769.png
104 KB, 241x183
>>30160369
Not what you asked for exactly, but if you're from the UK this is allowed on a shotgun licence

http://webley.co.uk/Pages/heritage.html

A breach loading field cannon scaled down from three inches to two as that is considered a shotgun in Britbongistan. There laws never cease to amaze me.
>>
It brings me so much joy that when Europe breaks down into an internal war, it'll be just like 1878 there.
>>
>>30160369
Too much Assassins Creed, anon...
>>
>>30161271
Just have a balcony at the front of your house and mount it to the rail.
>>
Swivel guns are banned in Minnesota, so bad news if you live here.
>>
Out of all of the firearms where you can nigger rig instead of buying commercial, this is among the best candidates.

>low pressure
>mechanically simple
>uncommon, so the only production models are made by niche manufacturers and jacked up pricewise
>>
>>30160369
Some guys in Indiana are making cannons, they would probably make you a custom swivel gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFbzb7QonmE
>>
>>30164273
>>30164348
You don't use smokeless in black powder guns because of how it's usually measured.

Black powder can be safely measured volumetrically

You cannot safely do so for smokeless.

You can be the worlds biggest retard for eyeballing some bullseye into your revolver. i'll pass.
>>
File: 752260.jpg (29 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
752260.jpg
29 KB, 880x660
>>30168864
Do you know what this is?
Hint, it measures powder by volume. Just like how every single ammunition factory does it.
If you aren't a complete knuckle dragging retard you can safely run smokeless in any gun.
>>
File: 476076.jpg (56 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
476076.jpg
56 KB, 880x660
>>30168941
>i carry reloading equipment in my asshole at all times
sure thing kid. try doing it with one of these.

I have only ever seen a gun blow up because retards like you think the difference between 3.5 grains and 4 isn't important.
>>
File: powderdippers02.jpg (124 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
powderdippers02.jpg
124 KB, 800x511
>>30168997
You were saying?
>>
>>30168941
You do know you're supposed to measure with a scale to set your loading, right?

You don't actually just pop what you think looks like a safe charge, right?
>>
>>30169028
>use dipper to get what looks like the correct amount of powder
>blow your gun up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_XNWeMqCT0
>>
>>30169037
Of course.
But somehow using something that is calibrated to hold a specified volume that can be quickly checked and verified is not as safe as using a design from the 1800's based on a powder density that may not even be true anymore.
>>
>>30160830
In a lot of countries only originals are considered antiques, not repros. Someone in Europe could probably find an Adams revolver easier.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.