[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, so I recently bought pic related (A yugo m48) and now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: m48 potato.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
m48 potato.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Hey guys, so I recently bought pic related (A yugo m48) and now I need to clean off all the cosmoline, now I already have some simple green for the metal parts and some murphys oil soap shit wood cleaner for the wood/furniture/stock. My problem comes from my lack of a large enough container to soak the metal parts it. I have a large plastic tub/storage bin which will fit the action/barrel/receiver and all the metal goodies however I'm concerned that the plastic might get fucked by the simple green, anyone have any history with this stuff? Are there any cheap metal (probably steel) alternatives to this that are at least 34" long, about a foot or less wide, and at least four inches deep? Any help would be appreciated, also share your cosmoline and milsurp rifle stories I guess.
>>
File: Yugoslavian_M48_rifle_Yemen.jpg (519 KB, 1200x825) Image search: [Google]
Yugoslavian_M48_rifle_Yemen.jpg
519 KB, 1200x825
Go get a 4' length of 4" diameter PVC pipe and end-caps from the hardware store.
>>
>>30158738
I'd like for it to be open so I can dunk and scrub but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>30158716
Try and find those old school metal trashcans at home depot
>>
>>30158926
That's not really what I'm going for, I don't want to spend fucking $40 on gallons of simple green in order to soak it.
>>
>>30158900
>dunk and scrub

Unnecessary; just put the metal parts in there, fill it up with mineral spirits, let sit 24hrs, pull out and dry. Let chemistry do the work.
>>
>>30158716
You are so fucking dumb it hurts
>>
>>30159105
>minerals spirits
It's like you want me to fuck up the finish
>>30159110
Not an argument
>>
>>30159110
Explain
>>
Won't do anything to plastic. I kept some sphess muhrinss who had a bad paint job in a plastic bucket filled simple green for like a month. Both they and the bucket were fine.
>>
>>30158716
simple green wont hurt a plastic bucket OP, if you're that worried then just buy the $5 orange bucket from home depot and throw it away when done

are you trying to to be a helpless piece of shit?
>>
>>30159114
Unless you are retarded and bought unfinished wood, it will do nothing to the finish. You see wood stocks are not simply just oiled for color, there is a layer called laminate, say that with me lam-i-nant, which protects the wood and said finish safe from the elements.

Mineral spirits will do not harm.
Now soak the rifle, open up yo fowty of king cobra, light your grape Swisher and wait.
>>
>>30159760
I want to soak the whole action and barrel at once, which is 32" long.
>>
>>30159843
I wasn't referring to the wood finish, I was talking about the finish on the metal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.