[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do yall make your smokes survive the field/innawoods excursions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 268x188
How do yall make your smokes survive the field/innawoods excursions. Tips, tricks, advice, fieldcraft, etc to protect an essential survival resource?
>>
>>30158264
>smoking
>vices = essential
lol not my fault when you die from cancer alone innawoods not to a bullet but to your own habits
>>
>>30158264
Quit smoking
>>
SA80 pistol grips have a lovely little compartment, you're supposed to use them for important shit like your combitool or some rifle cleaning supplies but most use it for emergency battle fags stayed nice and dry and free from dirt in there, snug like a bug
>>
>>30158320
>>30158333
This

No place for weak lungs in combat.
>>
>>30158529
>No place for weak lungs in combat
>32.2% of all military personnel in the US smoke
>>
>>30158585
>Implying all military personnel are in combat roles
>Implying military personnel automatically don't have weak lungs just because innamilitary
>Implying that fact is an argument against the statement in any way
>Implying implications
>>
smoking relieves stress and is a painkiller. They are quite useful on a battlefield
>>
>>30158264
soap box helped keep my packs dry, other than that, zipock's your friend.
>>
>>30158595
>implying grunts don't smoke the most
>>
>>30158612
>Implying grunts don't have weak lungs

What argument are you making? Smoking makes your lungs weaker, that's a fact. Being a grunt and having decent cardio doesn't mean your lungs are immune to damage caused by smoking.

Non-smoking grunt > smoking grunt every time.
>>
>>30158623
>Smoking makes your lungs weaker

That is a lie sent by liberals to kill us
>>
I think most military-types in combat prefer dip, at least the guys I know who served all dipped.

Lasts longer, you don't need to carry a lighter or matches, you don't risk exposing your position to the enemy because they can see your smoke, ember, or smell your cigarette

They used to issue cigarettes as part of the rations but now you aren't allowed to smoke during basic which I think would pretty much help anyone to quit.

But I can see how smoking would easily be picked up by someone in a combat role during an actual conflict.
>>
>>30158643
0.2/10 i flinched

>>30158645
you made all this shit up and you're a fucking faggot get the fuck out of here you 16 year old shitposter
>>
>>30158585
>It's okay because people do it!
So drinking paint thinner must be good too, I mean people do it
>>
>>30158655
Smoking is only bad for you if you smoke more than 17 a day
>>
>>30158264
Former 11b here. Use a soapbox/plastic bag. Everything innawoods should be in plastic bags at all times
>>
>>30158643
>>30158681
Come on, guys, you have to do better than that.
>>
Just switch to dip. Even better, snuff is a powder (easy to store) and won't give you cancer. Or you could get a mouth fedora and store several months's supply of nicotine solution with the vaporizer in a small case.
>>
>>30158264
How about not falling for the leafy Jew? Every pack is practically a mag of ammo
>>
>>30158264
Somewhat related? Is it a good idea to keep cigarettes and tobacco products stockpiled in case of SHTF? I don't use tobacco and I am aware that it gets stale after a while but I figure that won't matter when it's all people can get.
>>
>>30158727
>this
I dip. Just keep up on daily teeth brushing and you'll be just fine.
>>
>>30158748
Cigarettes and bog rolls will be the new currency as money and gold will be worthless. But stockpiling anything to be used for trading in a "shtf" situation if you don't live in a 3rf world shithole or somewhere prone to natural disasters is just delusional
>>
>Cigarettes innawoods

They're too bulky, expensive, and delicate for a SHTF situation. Cigarettes will also give away your presence via smell, the glow of the ember, and the butts left.

If you must smoke Pipes are a far better option, you can compress a few lbs of pipe tobacco, small pipes, and fire starting devices in the same space 1 carton of cigarettes take up.

Oral tobbacos like dip, chew, and snus are the GOAT option though.
>>
>>30158774
Until mouth cancer fucks your jaw
>>
>>30158529
this
>>
>>30158681
This turned into bait by now
>>
>>30158739
>Every pack is basically a mag of ammo
>20 cigarettes weighs about an ounce
>30 round mag of .223 weighs about one pound

Math is opressive
>>
>>30158796
this
>>
>>30158818
I'm 98% sure this is bait but, if it's not, he's talking about cost, not weight.
>>
>>30158796
>Muh mouth cancer

Do you have anything to prove that dip causes mouth cancer besides the propaganda you heard in school?

Can you show what percentage of dip users get mouth cancer and how it compares to smokers and people who don't use tobacco?
>>
>>30158654

No, those are just some basic observations on the difference between having a flaming stick between your teeth and having a discrete (and in my opinion nasty) plug of tobacco pouched in your jaw.

No one your age actually knows anyone who served in Iraq/Afghanistan when the shit kicked off. I do. Could be a coincidence that they all dipped instead of smoking, but I think the benefits in a combat environment are extremely obvious.

>>>/b/
>>
File: 1464042432167.jpg (115 KB, 834x556) Image search: [Google]
1464042432167.jpg
115 KB, 834x556
Who here cigars and pipe Master Race?
>>
>>30158851
>I'm sure this is bait
>I'm so butthurt I need to defend some random cucks statement when he's proven wrong

7.62X39% sure that was a ruse but I'm pretty sure he meant weight.

>Killurself lil nigga
>>
>>30158892
>confirmed for bait

Thanks for clearing it up. If you're going to try, be less conspicuous.
>>
>>30158796
I don't dip but cancer from chewing tobacco is pretty rare.
>>
>>30158333
This.

"Weak lungs" argument aside, you won't believe how far the smoke smell reaches, even if you're in concealment or what you believe is a closed room. Even normal people, and former smokers especially, will be able to sniff you from hundreds of meters away. Matches/lighter flash may be visible even farther, even if it is not direct but just specular on surfaces you don't even think can reflect.

Then you're dead.
>>
>>30158885

Cigars I get.

Pipes are one step above vapor mods. in terms of being a hipster.
>>
>>30159021
See, you're looking at it from the wrong point of view. Pipes are what you use when you don't have cigar money.
>>
File: 71036-4front350x350.jpg (10 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
71036-4front350x350.jpg
10 KB, 350x350
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/universalhardcase50.aspx

I have one of these things for smokes
>>
>>30158264
dip.

lasts longer. is cheaper. less carcinogenic. niggers don't try to bum it from you in melanin enriched operating environments.

a superior product.
>>
>>30158597
Nigga better be bringing kush of I'm laying there shot and told to smoke the pain away. Lol could you imagine
>Mmmeeediiiiiiiic!!
>charges valiantly through gunfire to your side
>you feel relieved as he checks over your wounds, the big red cross telling you it's all gonna be ok
>he pulls out a smoke puts it in your lips and strikes a lighter
"Here you go soldier back right the front line! "
>>
>>30158856
Fucking retard. My father had it cut out off his face. From the one spot he kept his chaw. Go ahead and call it anecdotal and keep chewing. Can't have your level of ignorance breeding.
>>
>>30158739
Its "the filtered jew", dumbass
>>
>>30158623
>Non-smoking grunt > smoking grunt every time.

Not true. I'm not saying smoking is cool or good for you. I used to run circles around non smokers tho. I used to even light up a smoke during a hike as non-smokers fell out.
>>
>>30158264
Most guys I knew switched to dip in the field.
>>
>>30158885
I smoked a cigar a day downrange, still have one occasionally, but never got hooked like cigarette/dip users.
>>
File: 1459040741550.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1459040741550.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>30158643
>>
>>30161714
Cigars aren't normally addictive when smoked properly. Takes too long for the nicotine to hit the brain so the connection is never really made unless you smoke like 6 hours straight a day.
>>
>>30160551
I wasn't comparing two different people anon, I meant the same grunt who smokes will always been in worse shape than the version that doesn't.
>>
I kept a pack in my acu shoulder pocket wrapped in the MRE drink ziploc baggy. Or if I was wearing a combat shirt I stuffed my pack of smokes in the pouch that had my DAGR and notepad.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.