[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: custom knives, CFK or Impact, which one is the best and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1461612988214.png (1005 KB, 797x532) Image search: [Google]
1461612988214.png
1005 KB, 797x532
ITT: custom knives, CFK or Impact, which one is the best and why?
>>
>>30156085
Also: any other good custom knife Company you could recommend?
>>
File: 20160527_155425.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160527_155425.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>30156085
There is no "best".

There are so many custom knives, everyone has their favourite maker.

As for functionality, that depends on design.

Pic related is my bushcrafter mk II from Tlim. General drop point bushcraft blade, teak wood handle.
>>
>>30156115
>company

It's not a custom, then. A custom knife is made by a single knifemaker. If you are talking about a small workshop, that's semi custom.
>>
>>30156152
By custom i more meant like, kinda "one of a kind", but the name of any good knifemaker would be appreciated (pref in Europe)
>>
>>30156085
Oh, i almost forgot, they have to make knives with stacked leather handle, never had one of those before and would like to try
>>
>>30156134
That top one looks like not much more than "decent", looks a little too simple for my taste
>>
>>30156201
I won't argue that - it's from his "field grade" line. He makes other stuff as well, but that's on commission. The fg knives he makes in small batches (think 3-5 at a time) that are for sale on his website (www.tlim.net).

I like the "simple" though - it's my main field knife.
>>
>>30156244
When you visit the website you can see that he really can do a better job, but i bet that knife you got wasn't all too expensive either
>>
>>30156152
>If you are talking about a small workshop, that's semi custom.

No. If it's made entirely to the customer's specifications and not from a template, it's custom. The number of people in the workshop is irrelevant.

A smith makes the blade, a woodworker makes the grips and a leatherworker makes the sheath. That's a pretty small workshop, but they could still produce something entirely custom.
>>
>>30156295
180 yuro, but our local currency is pretty weak right now (Polish zloty), so i paid effectively the same as helle ulvaer/temagami retail around here.
>>
>>30156331
Point taken.
>>
File: $_3.jpg (160 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
160 KB, 800x800
>>30156085
To make this whole thing a little simpler, this is kinda what i want, but also preferably with a "sideways hanging" sheath. It should also have some weight to it, preferably most of it in the blade itself. Any tips of a knife like this is appreciated
>>
>>30156354
...dude, it looks like a good knife (for use, not looks) but seriously, 180 Euro...?
>>
>>30156375
Seriously. Handmade knives are expensive - that's basic economics.

Like I said - our currency is kinda weak now, so given the current exchange rates it was more like 130 euro (give or take).

It's kind of irrelevant anyway - it's as much a fashion statement as a user knife. I didn't pay that much for it not to stand out (even if ir's very plain-looking, i'm nit THAT vain).
>>
>>30156085
>ITT: knives you will never use
>>
>>30156461
Hey, I use mine. And it was posted ITT.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.