[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://arfullauto.com/ Anybody have experience with these e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
http://arfullauto.com/

Anybody have experience with these educational devices?

I'm interested in them, but they look a tad shady, and I dont want my dog shot.
>>
'sup ATF
>>
File: 1449726236587.jpg (206 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449726236587.jpg
206 KB, 1024x1024
Why do I feel like someone wants me to commit a felony
>>
That DIAS guy from Shotgun News that everyone thought was a Fed turned out to be a dude selling actual DIAS

For like 20 years.
>>
>>30154572
The half baked leo notice makes me think they're kit itself hasn't been determined to not be a machinegun by the ATF. Since it's firearms related and CAN be used to modify a rifle into a machinegun I wouldn't touch it.

Use your head. Lightning links are literally retard proof if you want to be a felon. More importantly, it won't get you thrown in jail when this "shop" folds or more likely executes the prosecution phase of its sting operation.
>>
stupid question but why are you interested in one of those devices?
I remember reading something about the lightning link to make AR-15's full auto.
>>
>>30154659
Considering accessing the instructions requires inputting a serial number and other info, I wouldn't touch it either
>>
>>30154668
Educational purposes, anon
>>
>>30154572
>49.95

Wish you could still buy them for that much.
>>
File: Colt SP-1 AR-15 .223.jpg (117 KB, 900x250) Image search: [Google]
Colt SP-1 AR-15 .223.jpg
117 KB, 900x250
>>30154572
I think it's just the parts needed to make a Drop-In Auto Sear actually function, they won't do anything special in and of themselves, there's lots of places where you can get these parts individually, and it's not illegal, because these parts won't actually make your AR-15 fire in full-auto by themselves, you need the Drop-In Auto Sear or a Lightning Link (and the work done to the receiver to take it, in the case of the Lightning Link)

It's legal, as long as you don't get an illegal auto sear, or if you legally have an auto-sear or Lightning Link

>>30154659
Lightning Links won't work with current standard AR-15s though, unless you modify the receiver (this is the work for a gunsmith who knows how this is done), you also need to get these "full-auto" parts, a Lightning Link will only drop-in and work immediately on old Colt rifles like the SP-1, pic related.

>>30154619
It's only illegal if you don't go through the right channels. That said, be aware of honeypots.
>>
>>30154735
well that would be the equivalent of like $450 today, but still that's nothing compared to the thousands they're worth now
>>
>>30154659
>Lightning links are literally retard proof if you want to be a felon
If you want to go through the effort of making it work, a slide-fire stock will let you play with full-auto-like fire without the legal dangers and much less technical things, like swapping parts, if you then feel like being dangerous, you could put it on an AR pistol with a VFG, and then put a spring in the slide-fire to help assist bumping, but watch the fuck out for your dog, man.

Just registering an AR pistol as an SBR to put a VFG and unmodified slide-fire on it seems like it would be close enough for plain fun purposes (I figure a short one in 9mm would be barrels of fun, especially with some good hicap mags, like Finnish KP drums), without risking jail time and losing your rights.
>>
>>30154572
Why is the MP40 the same price as the M-3?

Isn't the M-3 supposed to be cheap and mass produced?
>>
>>30154839
So was the MP-40. The only well made guns on that list are the MP18 and MP28.

More expensive is not indicative of a better product. I know it's a hard concept fellow amerifat.
>>
File: sten-action.gif (1 MB, 800x409) Image search: [Google]
sten-action.gif
1 MB, 800x409
>>30154839
Supply and demand could be a thing, I don't think the M3 is quite as common on the MG registry so I guess price gets offset and comparable.

>>30154879
For a tubegun, the m/45 is pretty solid, the Madsen is pretty well put together as well.
It's pretty hard to fuck up an open-bolt blowback tube, they're incredibly simple weapons.

The MP40 is better put together than say, the Sten, but not radically so.
The Sten has also been made by all kinds of outfits and factories so quality can be radically different between examples, some can be crude and rough, others can be rather well made.

A lot of the ones in the US on the MG registry are simply made guns made after WW2 in the US, sometimes on parts kits, they're among the cheapest transferable MGs there are, they can go for as low as $3000 today, because there's many of them, and some of them aren't so awesomely made (though not so poorly so that you can't get them to work).
>>
>>30154920
Lol @ that gif

On one of those shots, the bolt doesn't go all the way back. It looks like an awkward teen thrusting sporadically on his first time having sex.
>>
These cost about as much as m16 FCGs, if you are going to make a lightning link, they cost like <$5 in materials. Why not just buy legitimate m16 internals, at that price, from someone 10x less sketchy and learn where to put your third hole? A felony is a felony, might as well end up with a more assuredly functioning rifle for when they come to shoot your dog.
>>
File: sten-simplicity.jpg (256 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
sten-simplicity.jpg
256 KB, 1024x724
>>30155247
Open bolt guns really are remarkably simple full-auto weapons.
It probably could short the travel a little like that and it would still keep shooting.
>>
File: STEN_MKII_cutaway_3.jpg (89 KB, 1361x636) Image search: [Google]
STEN_MKII_cutaway_3.jpg
89 KB, 1361x636
>>30155319
Definitely true, I just think that gif is funny.

I wish we could still have semi-auto open bolts. I'm gonna build a 16" barreled ppsh41 as soon as I save up a little more cash and it's such a pain to have to convert it to closed bolt. AR FCGs are the best way to do it imo but it's like building a beautiful piece of history shell around an ar15. Which is dumb. Especially since litterally all new gun control laws are targeting the ar.
>>
>>30154757

The bolt is the only reason a LL wouldn't work in a modern gun, isn't it?
>>
>>30155413
That and most ar lowers have a shelf in the rear that is too high for the lightning link to work.
>>
File: nfall2.jpg (13 KB, 627x365) Image search: [Google]
nfall2.jpg
13 KB, 627x365
>>30155413
No, the receiver is different, when the Lightning Link trick got known, Colt changed the receivers so they wouldn't fit anymore, as well as redesigned the bolt-carrier.

The LL is designed to fit in an SP-1, the later Colts and regular modern AR-15s are designed so that a LL won't fit and work in one, most of them being based around the newer standard Colt made.

You need an M16 bolt-carrier, disconnect/sear, and for a gunsmith to modify the upper and lower receiver, as well as I think the bolt-carrier.
Getting one to work in a new AR is a little bit of a project that way, also I think the gun will only work in Safe/Full, with no Semi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj_WkmV63Is

This will all be legal for you to do if actually have or are about to transfer a registered Lightning Link to your name, but you can bet your ass the Feds will start glancing at your dog if you don't have your paperwork in order, I'm not saying they'll v& you for putting an M16 bolt-carrier in your rifle (after all, it does nothing by itself), but they could pay attention to you.
>>
>>30154768
There was still the tax stamp
>>
>>30154795
The solution is coming soon enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANBoybVApQ
Locking magnets.

I would like to see the atf rule a magnetic field to be an autosear.
>>
>>30158074
I'd submit the design to the ATF and have them make a determination on it before you start selling shit.

Remember, these are the same people who have had multiple shoelaces and pieces of string registered as machineguns.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.