[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best A2 style AR I can buy? I want one with a fixed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 6-0131957_1.jpg (12 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
6-0131957_1.jpg
12 KB, 480x480
What is the best A2 style AR I can buy? I want one with a fixed carrying handle and not a flat top rail receiver with a detachable handle

Also I live in a cuck state, so if they have a post ban model that is preferred, but I can always just buy a normal model and have the flash hider switched out and the lug taken off
>>
>>30154525
I like my stag
>>
>2016
>trying to find an AR that isn't flat top

Even Rock River Arms only sells flat top A4 upper 20" ARs now. Their A2s are all National Match builds.
>>
>>30154699
Would the stag be better than the fn?
>>
>>30154786
No, if you can find a fixed handle FN or colt scoop it up
>>
>>30154797
The fn I was thinking of has a flat top like the stag
>>
File: HBAR.jpg (64 KB, 1800x417) Image search: [Google]
HBAR.jpg
64 KB, 1800x417
>>30154525
Look for an old Colt AR-15 'Sporter' HBAR model, it's basically A2 spec, lacks the bayonet lug, and is often missed by AWB state lists.

It also has a sear block to stop you from putting in an auto-sear, which has an air of betrayal to it (because Colt put this model out in expectation of the Federal AWB), but the rifle is still perfectly fine, and it was a long time ago.

Expect to pay $1000-$2000 for one though.
>>
>>30154748
That was exactly what I was going to recommend. Their NM is excellent, even for the price. It can also be ordered AWB compliant, which works out for many cuck states.
>>
>>30154748
What's wrong with national match builds?
>>
>>30155277
Is there any difference between the green and black furniture other than the color?
>>
Build your own? I got a complete A2 Upper from Rock River for $500.
>>
>>30155673
No. I think they are even the same price.

That said, the green looks terrible and isn't exactly an OD green.
>>
>>30156559
Nothing a little bit of spraypaint can't fix though.
>>
Doesn't BCM make an A2?

Who makes A1 style uppers anymore?
>>
>>30156623
nodak spud
>>
>>30156638

Thanks
>>
>>30156588
I would just get the black, but that is an option.
>>
>>30156659
no problem

I know they're a low output company but they do still make them.

I think they make A1 uppers that have the forward assist and the XM16 ones that don't.

Last I checked, you can still buy surplus A1 parts kits that come with everything but the barrel and lower and those should be genuine Colt, or whatever forge Colt used at the time.
>>
Why does it say the national match rifles are like 10 lbs? I thought the m16a2 was closers to 8 lbs? I'd rather the rifle be light than a precision gun
>>
>>30156694
The stocks are weighed down with lead ballast and they have heavy barrels
>>
>>30156710
That's gay. Does rock river sell any complete rifles with an a2 Receiver that aren't nm or do I have to put it together myself?
>>
>>30156796
If you get ahold of them, they will do whatever. I just went to a dealer and called in my order, which was based on an Elite Operator.
>>
>>30156827
Oh cool. I guess this is what I'll get. Thanks dude
>>
>>30156838
Sure thing. I have been really happy with my rifle.
>>
File: M16A4-M4stock.jpg (221 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
M16A4-M4stock.jpg
221 KB, 640x480
>>30156623
I don't know if they'll sell loose uppers, but Colt are supposedly going to be selling retro AR rifles.

>>30156796
>>30156710
Don't see why you couldn't rectify this with new parts.
>>
>>30156999
Yeah it looks like rock river gives you the option to upgrade any of their guns to an a2 Receiver.
>>
>>30155362
Nothing, they are better.

White Oak Armament and Compass Lake Engineering are other companies that make NM uppers.
>>
>>30156694
There is a float tube under the handguards, to make this work the tube is steel. That along with the heavy barrel makes it heavy.

The weight is FANTASTIC unless you are humping it in the bush or using it for 3 gun. For everything else the weight is amazing.

Mine is around 16lbs and we just did some rattle battle practice. In prone off a 30 round magazine I put 30 rounds into a 4MOA target in 50 seconds. The weight was a big part of that.
>>
>>30157267
Posting to give props to RRA. Their NM gun is the benchmark for Service Rifle match guns. Pretty much everyone who asks about their first service rifle match gun is going to be told to buy an RRA NM. Then, when the barrel is shot out, send it to White Oak to be re-barreled.

RRA will build a gun in pretty much any configuration you would like though you'll want to call them. Their website has a fair amount of customization options as well.

I might be biased though because I grew up with RRA reps at every gun show I would go to, being from IL. Their tables often have a fuckload of parts they can custom build for you right there at the show.
>>
>>30157267
Well this is going to be my first gun so I'd prefer function/light over super accurate

>>30157664
Cool, I am going to call and ask for as close to a mill spec M16a2 as I can get, but with no lug, flash hider, and jam switch
>>
>>30157886
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=225&CFID=558591763&CFTOKEN=60644626

You can upgrade to an A2 upper on this one.
>>
>>30157916
I know, but I still have to call as technically that is a different model number than the post ban
>>
>>30157943
Oh right, fair enough.
>>
>>30156405
Damn. I got one of their CAR-A4 uppers for $600. Wish I'd have seen the A2.
>>
Looks line Nuttin likes them but I am not autistic enough to watch one of his reviews
>>
>>30154525
Compass lake is probably best.

White Oak #2

Rock River #3

The prices go the exact same way, highest to lower.

The RRA will still outshoot you anyway anon, love my A2, nothing in the world like hitting x's at 600
>>
>>30159124
That's my experience as well. They will all shoot just as well, but the WO and CLE will be better sorted and with CLE you can call Frank and have a chat with the guy building your upper.
>>
>>30156681

I've looked around but I cant find a single place with them in stock.
>>
>>30159973
Go to some place we mill surped them like the Philippians
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.