[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCW Banned by employer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 15
File: E10185-2.jpg (95 KB, 325x450) Image search: [Google]
E10185-2.jpg
95 KB, 325x450
I CCW everywhere that I am allowed to and have since I turned 21.

A question that I have is that the company I work for says that 'employees cannot carry weapons of any kind etc etc.' But customers can.

Is there any legal weight to that? Meaning is it a crime to conceal carry a sidearm/knife on employers property after they've told you not to. They also say that you are not allowed to secure your firearm in your vehicle. I do it anyway, and will continue to do it... but for the sake of conversation is that illegal? It seems to me according to the law I am doing nothing wrong. I don't see how a companies policy can supersede that.

Of course this is not really a big problem, since they would have no way of knowing I CCW.

To be fair the facility is rather secure, but I am more worried about leaving at night and being unarmed.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue?
>>
>>30152256
Yeah it's called being a fucking thug, just carry your shit with you. What is your boss gonna do? Stab you?
>>
>>30152256
im assuming its just their policy towards employees then, to prevent joe from snapping one day and offing everyone in the office then blowing his brains out. If you are discovered you will likely be terminated, and may not recieve severance. In the event you use your ccw in a legit legal defense, you will still likely e terminated without severance, but wont be in legal shit for carrying. This is just my opinion on the rule, since customers are allowed to carry.
>>
>>30152256
Carry anyways. Is your job worth more than your life?
>>
>>30152256
>Is there any legal weight to that? Meaning is it a crime to conceal carry a sidearm/knife on employers property after they've told you not to. They also say that you are not allowed to secure your firearm in your vehicle. I do it anyway, and will continue to do it... but for the sake of conversation is that illegal? It seems to me according to the law I am doing nothing wrong. I don't see how a companies policy can supersede that.
CHECK YOUR INDIVIDUAL STATE LAWS

Your CCW instructor should have covered this. Try not sleeping during some of the most important hours of instruction you can receive, those are what keep you out of prison.

I have carried for the better part of 3 years in legal but non-permissive environments with the understanding that I will be expelled if caught.
>>
>>30152353
>being this much of a cuck

lol
>>
>>30152362
>CHECK YOUR INDIVIDUAL STATE LAWS
This
This
This

Blanket, you can be fired for cause if it's company policy, and you'll have no grounds to stand on it.

As for the legality, check your local laws. Some states have it where it carries weight of law, and knowingly carrying where it's prohibited will get you some time. Most states, it's a trespass and you'll be banned (some of them also will strip you of your CWP but not make you a prohibited possessor.)

Again, CHECK YOUR STATE LAW.
>>
>>30152372
NO eurocuck, not all Americans are as emasculated as you.
>>
>>30152294
I already do.

>>30152308
That logic doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't joe go back to his house and get a rifle instead...

I kinda get your point though. I am a chill person and get along with everyone I work with. Not that that matters. You don't shoot someone because you don't like them.

Getting discovered is not going to happen, unless if they try to search me. Which I would refuse.

I don't know if they can or can not do that, but I would call the police at that point and talk to them privately. Let's say if they thought I stole shit or something. I would just tell the cop I CCW and i don't want them to know. (obviously I do not steal shit).

>>30152353
I'm not really worried about getting fired.

What if you print?
>in a bag, not going to happen.

What if you have to change at work and someone sees it?

>there is no narrative where that would happen.

What if your boss reads your facebook posts about proudly CCing at work?

>I don't have friends, or a facebook.. So that is a non issue.

>>30152362
There was none of that. It was 'shoot that piece of paper 10 times, ok sign here, mail this'.

Iv'e read the statutes and it seems to me that I can do it even if it is against their policy, but they can fire me for it.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html
>>
>>30152362
this. how hard is it for people to undertand that most firearm laws are not nation wide. they vary greatly by state.
>>
>>30152256
Excluding government buildings, gun free zone signs are not legally binding in non-faggot states.

You can be kicked out, but it's not a crime.
>>
>>30152416
>Iv'e read the statutes and it seems to me that I can do it even if it is against their policy, but they can fire me for it.
theres your answer.
>>
POLICY IS NOT LAW
>POLICY IS NOT LAW
POLICY IS NOT LAW
>POLICY IS NOT LAW
POLICY IS NOT LAW
>POLICY IS NOT LAW
POLICY IS NOT LAW
>POLICY IS NOT LAW
POLICY IS NOT LAW
>POLICY IS NOT LAW
>>
File: Untitled.png (497 KB, 945x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
497 KB, 945x720
>>30152446
Most employers know about Florida’s "Bring Gun to Work" law, even if they do not agree with it. The law, which is codified as Florida Statute Section 790.251 prevents employers (with a few exceptions) from banning firearms on their premises under certain conditions. More specifically, if the employer has an employee with a concealed weapons permit, the employer cannot prohibit any customer, employee, or invitee from possessing a firearm on the employer’s premises, so long as the firearm is lawfully possessed and locked inside a motor vehicle. The law exempts schools, correctional institutions, nuclear power plants, defense contractors, and employers involved with explosive materials.

What most employers may not know, however, is that their employee handbooks must conform to Section 790.251. Many employers have handbook policies that may prevent an employee from bringing a firearm to the workplace, often subjecting an employee to discipline or even termination for violation of the policy. While employers are free to prohibit employees from bringing a firearm inside a building or displaying it out in the open, a covered employer cannot prohibit an employee from keeping a firearm locked in his or her vehicle.
>>
>>30152471
what good will a gun do locked inside your car? kinda defeats the purpose.
>>
>>30152442
Are you seriously on /k/ and pulling the LOL WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN ANON, WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF PUSSY shit?

Is this bait?
>>
Practically any corp will have this policy, not because they think it will prevent you from going postal but because their insurance policy requires it. Feel free to carry anyway, but expect to be fired on the spot if you are made.
>>
>>30152488
So far that's all I can find. They cannot legally tell me I can't have it in my car. But that statute doesn't say you can or can't ccw 'at' work or not.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.251.html

>>30152491
yeah probably bait.

My job is pretty anal, they flip shit when people have pocket knives so I imagine they would have a coronary if they seen a firearm.
>>
>>30152416
I agree, there is no logic in employers prohibiting employee carry but allowing customer carry. I'd hope you trust your employees more than random customers.

But most corporations are scary silly of being sued by victims' family members, so they prohibit employee carry so they can say "look, we didn't allow guns, so you can't sue us when someone snaps and kills coworkers."

My employer prohibits carry, even in your personal vehicle while on company business. Is it legal for me to carry then? Yes. Can they fire me, leaving me little to no recourse? Yes.

Freedom of contract is generally upheld unless there is a law directly prohibiting some type of clause or effect in a contract. So while it is legal to carry anywhere not prohibited by state law (in my home state), you also aren't allow to trespass. Which is what you'd be doing if they found you carrying and asked you to leave.
>>
File: cloverfield1.jpg (292 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield1.jpg
292 KB, 1280x720
>>30152546
There are robberies and theft consistently around where I work. I am not so much worried about something happening at work, I am worried when I am coming and going.

Regardless you are off-topic and irrelevant. If you have nothing to contribute why speak.We are discussing the legal ramifications of ignoring company policy, not the semantics of if you agree with a constitutional right or not.

>>30152573
What good does it do me in my car.

Why so if they break in they can steal it and another criminal has a firearm. I don't work at Mcdonalds. I don't live in the ghetto. Who knew the faggot progressive liberals infiltrated /k/.

>>30152575
Yeah this is pretty much the conclusion I've come to.

Thanks for the discussion, except the faggots.
>>
File: 1455391246705.jpg (104 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455391246705.jpg
104 KB, 900x900
>tfw you're considering on just illegally ccing as you wait for your permit
>cc without a permit is a felony in your state

I really want to do it in the meantime because "m-muh rights" since my holster is coming in a few days and I already have my gun and a belt. I only use my car as a holster for the time being. Does anyone here carry regardless of the laws in their state?
>>
>>30152256
that depends on what state you live in.
I CC'd for years at my last job and never got caught, but even if I did the worst that could have happened to me would have been losing my job.
it's up to you to weigh risks and consequences
>>
>>30152631
Not an option.

>>30152642
That is a terrible idea, do not do that.

>>30152647
yeah

>>30152649
this

just wait for the license dude.
>>
>>30152416
>>in a bag, not going to happen.
Boy I sure hope you're the kind of person who never, ever loses track of their possessions or leaves them behind when set down.
>>
>>30152465
>Well, it becomes a crime if you refuse to leave, technically.
That's a completely different action. It becomes a crime if you pull it out and shoot someone who ticks you off, too, but that's just as irrelevant to the topic at hand.
>>
>>30152409
lol
>not OCing a rifle around your house
its like you WANT to be enriched
>>
>>30152416
>That logic doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't joe go back to his house and get a rifle instead...
Heat of the moment. By the time you're driving back you have time to cool off and realize you're being an idiot.
>>
>>30152642
I carry in nonpermissive environments as a matter of course. I don't carry in illegal environments. I am prepared to handle firing or expulsion; I am not prepared to handle prison much less the loss of my gun rights.
>>
>>30152661
I put it on and don't take it off until I get back home. It never leaves me.

>>30152669
this

I mean who would stick around if they were fired and told to leave anyway?

>>30152675
lol

>>30152688
To be frank if you were going to go on a murderous rampage, you might want to put some thought into it first. Doing things out of anger is retarded.

>>30152693
Yeah. I just have to be extra careful no one notices. I don't think anything legal would happen. But they would probably fire me.
>>
>>30152693
>I am not prepared to handle prison much less the loss of my gun rights.

This really ticks me off. I won't go into the obvious political blathering but when I do carry, I too will carry like you do. Good thing my work uniform will help 1000% on hiding my gun.

>>30152709
I really want to do it but if I ever need to use it, I could just imagine the amount of shit I would face in a court.
>>
>>30152723
>So wait, you leave your gun in a bag at work?
>yes
Do you wear the bag all the time?
>Yes
Where the fuck do you work that lets you do this?
>Have a bag? Is there a bag ban I wasn't aware of?
>>
>>30152642
I'd suggest carrying if you're going into a shitty area but if you're just going to a cushy job and back just wait for your permit. It's easy to say just carry anyways and now that I have a permit I realized how fucking easy ccing really is but I was too pussy to carry anyways before I had mine.
Srsly though if you do carry with proper attire gun and all that shit you'll be fine but I'd suggest being extra lawful like avoiding speeding and such.
>>
File: 1443611935425.gif (2 MB, 468x278) Image search: [Google]
1443611935425.gif
2 MB, 468x278
>>30152730
I REALLY

want to do this. It's even fucking worse how I need to pay $120 for one.
>>
>>30152747
It sounds well and good to say, but I know a fellow student who got busted for that.
>inb4 was he black, yes he was
Claimed to have no other crimes on his rap sheet but served time for it and can't own guns. Sucks to have to take up blackpowder when you're in your early 20s.
>>
>>30152256

>legal weight

you wouldn't be breaking the law until they say, "hey you, get out" and you don't.

other than that, understand that they can indeed fire your ass for it. I don't carry at work only because I really can't afford to lose my job. if you've got some cash put back and wont have trouble if you miss a paycheck or two and can find a new job no trouble.... then carry that dat gat
>>
>>30152750
Sorry anon, best to just suck it up and deal. Avoid shitty areas. You should avoid them anyways, of course, having a gun doesn't change that a bit.

Get some Fox Labs 5.3 pepper spray, it's about the best stuff around. Have your paperwork lined up for the day you can apply.
>>
File: blogger-image-132739085.jpg (68 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-132739085.jpg
68 KB, 480x480
>>30152785
I'm happy for you. You are just jealous I have the connect for as many tendies as I want.

>>30152807
Yeah I do, so that's why I do it. If I was that worried about it I wouldn't carry and follow their rules.

>>30152818
Pepper spray isn't always reliable.
>>
>>30152818
I might just do this. I don't really go out much anyways so it isn't that big of a deal and I never go to bad areas.

Right now, I just have a 180 lumen pocket light and keep my gun inside my car. Most dangerous time for me is when I'm walking in the parking lot to my car after work at night.

Hell, I might be a madman one day and carry my surefire x300 ultra in my pocket along with my protac
>>
>>30152834
No shit it isn't, but it's better than having zilch. I hated having pepper spray as my only option especially in my windy location and the moment I got my license I quit carrying it with.

Until I went to Korea for several months, where carrying a gun is ROR impossibru. Then back out it came. But then Korea has no dindus and violent crime is so low even a foreigner like me can walk around alone damn near anywhere, anytime without a hint of trouble.
>>
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.251.html

section (4)(e) (paraphrased):
>an employer shall not take action against an employee for exercising his constitutional right to bear arms or self-defend, as long as the weapon is not visible except when used in self-defense

i'm reading this as you're ok to carry concealed as long as nobody sees it, and use it if you need to. Anyone disagree?
>>
>>30152870
Shut the fuck up already.
>>
File: 1410138312355.jpg (46 KB, 323x484) Image search: [Google]
1410138312355.jpg
46 KB, 323x484
>>30152848
Where do you work, then OP?
>no matter what I say you are going to use it as a jump-off point to say I am lying or that I am a loser.

Are you on one of those autistic charity work programs where they take genuine spergs and get them subsidized jobs at fast food places and libraries and stuff?
>projecting much?

I move heavy freight around, no I am not telling you who i work for.

pic related

>>30152861
I'd rather have a knife than pepper spray. But I agree that spray is better than nothing.

Yeah unfortunately where I live there is a drug and crime problem. I'm not even that into guns, beyond the defensive aspect I'm not even interested in them.

>>30152870
If someone attacks me I am going to kill them, not momentarily inconvenience them, or possibly get myself killed. The only time i would use lethal force is if I couldn't run away. Yes I am the bad ass that opts to run over using force.

>>30152882
It seems that way to me, I mean one of two things will happen if they see it.
>fired on the spot
>tell you that you can't do it and that you'll be fired.

I guess the thing is if you are going to do it make sure no one, and I mean no one knows. Because if a co-worker knows you better believe they will spread that rumor right to management.

If they ever try to do that to me I will just call Mom and she'll sort them out real good.

MFW
>>
>>30152256
>Of course this is not really a big problem, since they would have no way of knowing I CCW.
just answered your own question
>>
>>30152256
Companies are private property. If you do not follow company policy there's a whole list of things they can do against you. Most likely warning that will be followed up with a termination or immediate termination.
>>
>>30152714
If you are about to go murder a fuck load of people or just one person, there's usually some sort of emotional driving force. Rage, revenge, hatred, lust, envy, etc.
>>
>>30152966
If you can't control your emotions you shouldn't own a gun dude. Like I said this is a non-issue for me. Plus why use a gun, it will cause unnecessary flak for the community. Just wait until they go grocery shopping and run them over repeatedly. They aren't going to try to ban cars, so it makes more sense imo.
>>
>>30152992
>What if you want to knock over the bank you work at?
Then log into the computer and transfer the money to some offshore accounts you set up before you flee the country, dipshit. Nobody with half a brain still tries to rob a bank by force.
>>
>>30153001
>planned a gun-based bank heist on the internet
>"i am fit to criticize other people and suggest how they change their mindset"
>>
>>30152256
What are company policies?
You gonna smoke a bowl in the bathroom too?
>>
>>30153008
I would hope someone would put more thought into it than that gaynon.

>>30152992
Pretty much what I expected. You make baseless claims for reasons that only seem apparent to you. Don't breed.

>>30153010
This

You have to realize the guy is borderline retarded.

>>30153019
Not the same person

>>30153021
Company policy never stopped you from smoking cocks in the bathroom.

Jesus when did /k/ get so gay, I mid as well have posted on /b/
>>
the fact you can't carry in certain locations, need a license is bs

im sure those street rats all have their cc license
>>
>>30152917
>I guess the thing is if you are going to do it make sure no one, and I mean no one knows. Because if a co-worker knows you better believe they will spread that rumor right to management.
This is the biggest point when carrying in a non-permissive environment. You tell NO ONE with any tie to that environment. Your best friend today might not be your friend at all two months from now, but he'll remember that you told him about carrying a gun.

If I feel the need to run my mouth about my carrying in that environment, I do it with people entirely unrelated to that environment. /k/, or family, people who either I can trust completely or who couldn't fuck with me out of lack of details.
>>
>>30153056
A psychic, and a security adviser... my my anon quite impressive.
>>
>>30152575
It's mostly due to liability, cause if the employee accidentally kills a customer during a shoot out, they can get sued. They can't be sued if someone comes in and shoots up the place.
>>
>>30152416
>Why wouldn't joe go back to his house and get a rifle instead.
because batshit insane joe would want to kill on the spot. not brew over it for half an hour and say fuck forget it.
>>
>>30152372
dumb piece of European filth.

in some states, when a property owner, or an individual with owner's agency (I.e. a company boss) prohibits firearms, the prohibition has the same weight as state sanctioned gun free signage.

if OP lives in one of these states, yes, he could be violating the law.
>>
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 188x268
>>30153092
You really are a joy to interact with. It is mildly saddening that throwing logical fallacies just...so obliviously like that. At first I thought you were a meta troll, but now I am really beginning to think your head is rammed far enough up your ass you can hear your heart beat.

No anon, it was not me that was talking to you about the hypothetical bank robbery that will never happen. Yes I have a bank account, who doesn't. Talking down to people to try to further your retardation is only a poor reflection on your character. Next are you going to call me a giraffe, perhaps say I blow purple bubbles from my ass? What silly accusation will it be next dribble lip?

Or are we to

>hurr derr u mad me trole you

Yet

>>30153105
Well, I guess other people are irrational. I don't see the sense in doing that.

>>30153133
We don't care about Europe. You know this. Go away.
>>
>>30153092
>>30153056
Anon do you not pay attention to the news? There was just this week an electronic heist from a bank in Bangladesh for $81 million. Would have been close to $1 billion if not for the thieves making a stupid typo that got detected.
>>
>>30152256
Presumably it's legally considered trespassing and grounds for termination at worst.
>>
>>30153160
I'm not sure sure what your situation is. I just have a couple normal accounts like most people do. Your infatuation with the mentally ill is rather disturbing. The only reason you are here is to be annoying, you've contributed nothing to the discussion congratulations.
>>
>>30152256
best case scenario, they fire you
worse case scenario, there is probably a whole host of legal trouble you can get into
>>
>>30153168
People who are impatient, or unwilling/unable to put in the research and preparation needed to exploit the bank's systems. Having local physical access to bank systems makes this kind of thing massively easier than having to do it all electronically.

Same reason that not everyone is starting a new genius startup. It takes work and dedication to get the big rewards; most people are lazy and easily distracted.

As for me, I'm honest. And too busy posting on /k/.
>>
>>30152488
Still closer to you than it would be at your house. Also, you now can put it back on as soon as you get off of work, which would come in handy if you do other things before going home.
>>
>>30153218
I have been there. A lot of those ideas could make money if enough effort were put into them research expected customers/clients and to shape the initial vision to reflect actual markets.
>>
File: 1394.jpg (29 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
1394.jpg
29 KB, 446x357
>>30153224
No one said that beside you. Just go away you are embarrassingly stupid.
>>
>>30152256
What matters more, a paycheck or the ability to carry? I'd ignore the NEETs and be realistic.
>>
>>30152649
The only crimes that should ever be taken seriously, legislated against, and enforced are crimes of violence. Breaking an arbitrary rule designed only to desensitize you to government abuse, isn't an act of violence, should never be prosecuted, and no "perpetrator" of such crime deserves to be labeled as a criminal or discriminated against by freedom loving, peaceful people.

All government employees, who infringe against the rights of peaceful people for crimes which involve possession of an inanimate object, are traitors to the Constitution, petty tyrants, and evil. As such, they deserve the just ends of those whom have supported tyranny over free people.
>>
>>30153224
The only person who has said or even implied that is you. If you don't realize how large some government, corporate, and other NGO accounts are, my telling you isn't going to make you believe it. Again, having physical access to systems and firsthand knowledge of procedures allows for much easier and rapid penetration and exploitation, which as a teller you would in fact be able to leverage.

If you don't think that as a teller you can't go plug a USB with prewritten code into a manager's computer during their lunch break, or some other useful computer, you're an idiot.
>>
>>30153251
>being this much of a faggot

You literally cannot get caught carrying something small like a lcp, bodyguard or g42. Quit being a cuck, reddit seems to be the place for your kind, you passive and submitting vagina
>>
>>30153235
I've visited /agdg/ occasionally though /dpt/ has never interested me. Really not a fan of generals, on any board. I stand by my statement.

>>30153251
I can find a decent job even with a firing on my record. I've almost been killed due to not having a gun when I needed one, and I absolutely refuse to be in that situation again.
>>
>>30152416
Florida. You should have started with that. Legally you can leave your gun in car regardless and they can't fire for THAT. How ever they can fire you and just not say why. You can carry while working, if your boss finds out, you'll probably lose your job, but they can't arrest you. If you're that scared, get a job where you can carry. Few places exclusively say to not carry in my area. You can always start looking and keep carrying in the meantime. Hell, my boss would hire you regardlezs of skill or experience just because you got fired for carrying. He loves that shit.
>>
>>30153255
Don't waste your time with him anymore. He is too stupid to reason with.

>>30153266
It seems they have overflowed everywhere these days.

>>30153272
Yeah that's pretty much what I've concluded.
>>
>>30153266
What matters more, making your house payment and utility payments or arbitrarily violating company policy that will get you fired? You've never worked an honest day's labor in your life. You have to do things you don't like sometimes when you're working, welcome to the world. You consented to the rules when you took the job, don't take a job when you disagree with the conditions you'll be under.
>>
>>30153252
>are crimes of violence
>hurr durr what's white collar crime?

I'm sure your corporate masters love you

>shall not be infrunged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So people don't have a right to determine who and what is allowed on their own property? Who's the tyrant now anon?
>>
>>30153255
>If you don't realize how large some government, corporate, and other NGO accounts are,
I'm not saying they aren't big, I'm saying they're highly distributed and secure and you probably won't have access to them as some random desk jockey. Like, the connection literally will not be able to be made between a personal account and the bank's big enterprise account without a lot of prior handshaking (in the computer sense) and satisfying very specific access rules.

Even the manager of a branch won't be able to access the ALL THE MONEY account. At best, you'll be able to steal from the bank's own funds for paying for itself as a literal structure.

But hey, if it's so easy, why don't you go pull some Uplink shit, fampai?

>>30153270
>I've visited /agdg/ occasionally though /dpt/ has never interested me. Really not a fan of generals, on any board. I stand by my statement.
trust me m8 a couple of pixel platformers aren't gonna be the next cowadoody, nor is someone's hot new music visualizer app going to replace iTunes
>>
>>30153279
PROTIP: Most of these faux-libertarian types are really just little despots themselves who want to set the rules for everyone around them. They're children who never learned to share a space.
>>
>>30153278
What matters more, being responsible for and able to secure your own safety or keeping a job that you could replace with a bit of effort? You've never known what it feels like to have your life in danger. There are dangerous violent people in society, welcome to the world. You have a chance to meet them every day and the police aren't legally obligated to protect you, don't consider yourself safe if you aren't watching out for your own self.
>>
>>30153331
>You have a chance to meet them every day and the police aren't legally obligated to protect you,
this is the most laughable part of american gun culture/politics right here

for every cry of "bbbut the police will protect you!!" they're literally not obligated to, holy fucking lol

literally what is the point of police then
>>
>>30152353
>CC
>edgy
yeah, people who care about self defense are edgy. real men don't need guns :^)
>>
File: 1436732071948.jpg (107 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1436732071948.jpg
107 KB, 960x640
>>30153278
>welcome to the world.
>gets mugged and then shot dead by a scumbag

welcome to the real fucking world. Thread's over. OP got his answer a long time ago, long enough for retards like this guy to chime in with his shit opinions.
>>
File: 1455572993742.jpg (52 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
1455572993742.jpg
52 KB, 595x720
>>30152353
>having a facebook
wew lad
>>
>>30153346
How does a gun stop you from getting shot?

>guy approaches you with a gun
>you move to draw
>you get fucking shot anyway

why not just not go to places where you are likely to get shot??
>>
File: 635292909259923317.jpg (104 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
635292909259923317.jpg
104 KB, 1200x799
>>30152642
not a good idea. get caught and you will never carry
>>
>>30153285
They're not as secure as you're thinking, especially if you research your targets and choose them correctly. I'm not saying this is easy, I'm saying it's possible and I'm saying that you have a leg up over someone with no on-site access.

Uplink was fun a while back, but as I said before: I'm honest. You could hand me a laptop with all the work done ahead of time, only needing my authorization to transfer funds to a laundering site that would return it all to me, and I'd hold the power button instead because my parents raised me right.

As to new programs
>trust me m8 this repetitive Super Mario World hack with a bird will never get anyone to play it, all you do is move it up and down for fuck's sake
>>
>>30153357
>how does a gun stop you from getting shot
not having one will guarantee it
>he has it already pulled out
you can try to draw and fire before he reacts. alternatively you can wait until you have an opening if the person assaulting you wants something.

yes, if someone gets the drop on you with intent to murder (no demands attached) then you're fucked. if you have to: get out of your vehicle due to a carjacking, being mugged, in a robbery etc. there will be times when you can draw with time to take your shot.
>>
>>30153357
Well, statistically nearly 97% of the time a gun is drawn in self defense it results in the criminal breaking off the attack. Not every criminal is carrying a gun, much less a real, functional, or loaded one (approx 40% of criminal firearms are not in a condition to shoot a bullet at the time they are used in a crime).

You should also avoid sketchy areas. But criminals also come to nonsketchy places seeking targets.

I've been attacked in my home by a man with a gun when I didn't have one. You think there's a chance in HELL that I'd let myself be so close to getting killed from lack of armament, ever again?
>>
>>30153387
>you can try to draw and fire before he reacts.
I guarantee that it takes less time to pull a trigger on a cocked weapon than it does to take a gun out of a concealed holster.
>>
>>30153346
Pretty much this

Thank you /k/ for the thoughtful discussion... well most of you anyway.

OP out
>>
>>30153387
>IM JUST GONNA QUICK DRAW LIKE JOHN FUKKEN WAYNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw6dlv9rwVE
>>
>>30153405
>>30153432
Generally they aren't going to get into a shootout with you, they're going to run because they don't want to fight, they just want to get your money/beat you up/etc.

Even if they shoot you, it's rarely immediately fatal, and you'll probably shoot them back. They seek a predator-prey relationship, not a peer-peer relationship, if they're targeting a stranger for attack. You altering that relationship makes them want to remove themselves from the situation.
>>
>>30153417
>thank you for agreeing with what I already thought :)

you're gonna get fuckken fired lol
>>
>>30153463
So basically, you can either get shot, or get shot but take some solace in shooting them back? I guess? Either way, you're getting shot.
>>
File: 1463898743770.jpg (36 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
1463898743770.jpg
36 KB, 248x249
Carry a concealed weapon regardless of your employer's (illegal) signage.

Seriously; check this out:

>If you never end up needing/using it, it remains hidden.

>The only way your employer may become aware of the fact that you are carrying a concealed weapon is through violating your God-given Fourth & Fifth Amendment Rights.

>In the unlikely event that you end up needing to use your concealed weapon, you are the ultimate fucking hero, coming out of deep left field to save the motherfucking day with a precise double-tap to the face of each enemy combatant, thereby preventing numerous innocent civilian deaths while incidentally rendering your employer's asanine beliefs totally BTFO.
>>
>>30153495
Read the post you replied to again.

That post:
>they will run when they see you are pulling out a gun
Your post:
>aha, so they will shoot you!

Statistically, they will disengage. Furthermore they may not have a gun as their weapon; if they have a gun it is only 3/5 odds that it even can shoot a single round.

But even in your scenario, a shootout has a better chance to end well for you if you end their threat quickly with well-placed bullets, and hope that by minimizing their own shooting the ambulance can fix you up.
>>
>>30153610

No, those hero delusions are exactly what people are terrified of.
>>
>>30152416
If they don't do searches or you concealed well, then what's the problem.
If that horrible and fateful day ever comes to you, where you legit had to draw or use that weapon to save your life, then fuck them. Would you rather be in the fucking hospital for something serious or dead? Or be fired?

Unless this is your dream career or you are at your absolute last rope in life and this job is the last thing to keep you from blowing your brains out, I don't see why you shouldn't carry.
>>
>>30153632
>talking about delusions
>on a korean fingerpainting forum
>>
File: 1463506869276.jpg (73 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
1463506869276.jpg
73 KB, 562x600
>>30153632
>>
>>30153148
>Book covers. For ants.
>>
>>30153279
Theft is a violation of others rights. It is violence weather or bot it was committed with a shotgun or an escrow account.

>>30153299
No, we are not. If the United Nations and the U.S. didn't threaten actual war against people whom simply want to peacefully leave all Westphalian nationstates and live in voluntary communities on the open sea, I wouldn't give a flying fuck what the laws are here in the land of tyranny and the home of the cuck.
>>
>>30153338
To collect evidence for the courts. To arrest the poor for annoying the rich. For oppressing the little people. For protecting the important. For carrying out the will of the state, whatever it may be. And most importantly, for collecting taxes.
>>
Wow, I can't believe this is still open

>>30153478
maybe, guess I'll see.

>>30153495
It's late in the day to talk about low profile body armor, so I will leave it to your imagination.

>>30153610
Yeah, no. Not sure if satire or not. I'm not a hero... Nor do I want to be. The only reason I carry is to protect myself in the instance that I can't run anymore.

>avoid dangerous situations as much as possible
>de-escalate situations
>be vigilant
>use a firearm as a last resort.

>>This is the whole reason to ccw

>>30153665
For people too

>>30153705
It sounds like he is joking, but he is more accurate than most realize.

Time is now 4:15 EST I will delete the thread at 4:30 EST since the prune monster hasn't done the work for me.
>>
>>30153740
I wasn't joking.
>>
>>30153740
The for ants meme refers to the low resolution and size of your pic.
>>
>>30152734
Lots of people have a laptop bag with them all the time at work.
>>
>>30153839
OP is a grill who works at a bank. She survived some sort of assault at home a while ago, and refuses to be a victim. She cc's at work, against policy, but it's ok because Florida. Shitposting ensued, and the thread won't die.
>>
>>30153909
Oh yeah. This is all relevant because she carries in her purse.
>>
>>30153909
>>30153916
Jesus Christ, /k/...
>>
Man your job must be full of pansies.
>Can't CC at work.
>Comply, don't carry handgun, but have had instances of in-compliance.
>Helped loss prevention "escort" a shoplifter to their office, while doing paperwork with the guy on a bench next to me, get asked why I have a handle sticking out of my pocket.
>Pull out a linoleum knife.
>Shoplifters eyes bulge when he sees a dude with a tiny scythe next to him.
>>
>>30152256

You by any chance work for home depot or lowes? I know that their policy too.

Just carry, worst thing that can happen, is they fire you for breaking policy.
>>
>>30152642

It's nice living in a constitutional carry state, man :)
>>
>>30152256
I don't ccw at work because I need my job. Our district manager keeps a gun in his glove box and implied that I could do the same, similar story with my unit supervisor. I told them both that I'd just follow the handbook and not.
I do keep one in the car though.
>>
>>30152256
>>30152308
It's 100% about liability and customer service. First they probably figure customers wouldn't like it. Secondly, if you shoot someone, including yourself because lol workers comp, accidently or on purpose, it could cost them millions of dollars. If you wrongfully shoot some black kid, it could really dick up their stock prices.
No, they want you to do your job productively and if someone robs the place let them because the money they get is way less than a lawsuit or wc claim or bad press.
>>
>>30153357
>>30153405
>>30153495
Maybe you get hit in the colon but have time to draw and shoot before he kills your brother.

Think about that.
>>
>>30153357
Less than half of all armed robbery suspects carry/use an actual loaded working firearm in condition one (I.e.ready to fire.) Just because there is a gun, doesn't mean that it's real, loaded, has a round in the chamber, or that Jamal has the will or skill to shoot you. This is before even considering the unlikelihood of dying after being hit by shitty WWB 9mm he bought at Wal-Mart. I see a gun, I'm going to act like I'm giving him my wallet, but I'm pulling my Glock.
>>
>>30152642
>I really want to take a stupid chance and possibly get convicted for a felony because I'm impatient.

Grow up. You're too immature to carry anything more dangerous than a paper clip.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.