[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't Deagle Best Handgun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11
/k/,

I have sought out your weapon expertise today because I am about to buy my first handgun, and I do not want to make a very expensive mistake. In particular, I am looking for a home defense weapon that can kill pretty much anything, including humans, bears, elephants, drones, zombies, irresponsible children, you name it. To that end, I have done some homework and read up considerably on the Desert Eagle mk XIX .50 AE caliber handgun and, from everything that I've read, this seems like one of the best possible handguns you could buy to fulfill these purposes. That being said, there are a lot of mixed opinions about this gun, with some people decrying it as downright useless (including many on this site,) so I'd like you to hear my rationale and maybe tell me why I'm wrong, or recommend me something better. Basically, this is a "prove me wrong" thread, but I'm honestly not trolling-- just completely new to guns.

Anyway, here's my theory: Besides that I have hands big enough and arms strong enough to wield this monster of a handgun in the first place, many of the gun's biggest problems seem to be easily overcome through the application of very basic mods. For instance, the most common arguments I have read against buying this piece are that the gun jams very frequently, making it unreliable, and that it has terribly bad recoil which completely disqualifies it from being shot one-handed. I have read, however, that the gun's jamming doesn't occur as a result of faulty mechanics, but instead occurs only when the shooter allows the barrel to tilt up too much when firing it. In other words, it seems to be a combination of poor stance and the gun's nasty recoil which cause it to jam up at all, if ever (some people never have this problem.)

(cont'd)
>>
>>30146398

The solution? Shell out the extra $300, get the factory muzzle brake on that bitch, and then get the barrel custom ported by the agency that MR recommends on their site. Even without the ported barrel, the factory muzzle brake completely solves the recoil problem to such a degree that you can even shoot it one-handed without any sort of problem, as you can see this guy doing in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9W8NiZKN2A

Getting the barrel ported as well should make recoil (and therefore jamming) even less of an issue, and I did call ahead to make sure that this was a thing you could do in addition to getting the brake. With those major issues out of the way, the mk XIX actually seems like a highly reliable handgun capable of delivering incredible power with deadly accuracy. Granted, it does have a pretty small mag size at 7 shots, but that's no issue for me-- this is the kind of gun where you should be able to kill ANYTHING you point it at within the first 7 shots, and I do plan on picking up a spare mag or two anyway. The gun can even be further modified for increased effectiveness (maybe slap some laser sights on that bitch?) but I'm not actually sure you need to, or that you'd want to, given the gun's already cumbersome weight.

TL;DR - Unmodded, this gun is undoubtedly complete shit, but with some basic mods it seems like a god-tier handgun. Thoughts?
>>
>>30146398
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1455260793728.png (243 KB, 452x456) Image search: [Google]
1455260793728.png
243 KB, 452x456
>>30146398
Are you retarded?
>>
>>30146398

The Desert Eagle has a bad rap because it is not manlet friendly.

It is 100% reliable, even one handed if you can hold it steady.

Biggest disadvantage is price of .50 AE.
>>
>>30146429

Of course not, lol. Like I said, I've just never owned a handgun before, so I'm theorycrafting about what the best possible gun for my intended purpose would be. I've shot plenty, sure, but I figure you guys have more experience with this sort of shit than me, hence why I'm here.

Can you recommend me a better handgun than a modded deagle and explain why it's better, or are you just going to post Wakfu?
>>
>>30146398
>I have read, however, that the gun's jamming doesn't occur as a result of faulty mechanics, but instead occurs only when the shooter allows the barrel to tilt up too much when firing it.
If this is actually true then it's the most retarded thing I've heard all day. It like having a gun you can't use with your right hand or something.
>>
File: 1455120350063.jpg (81 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1455120350063.jpg
81 KB, 419x480
>>30146480
>Of course not, lol.

Holy shit is this your first day on the net or something?
>>
>>30146398
Even with the muzzle brake & ported barrel, concealing this motherfucker of a pistol would be a bitch.
>>30146402
>>
>>30146463

Glad to hear that it actually is a reliable gun from somebody on this site; I wasn't sure if maybe I was just reading a slanted review(s) before reading this post.

.50 AE rounds are definitely expensive, but I can't imagine I'll be shooting this thing terribly often, or wasting more than one bullet per target unless it's a home invader.

Would you happen to have any suggestions for handguns that are just outright better for their price?
>>
>>30146480
Do it.

I wanted one throughout all my childhood, finally got one at 18 after saving up for years.

That was 12 years ago.

Love that fucking gun, shot it so much I've worn the finish off the front of the grip.

I' use it for my EDC, fuck the manlets and their sensitive dainty little girl hands.
>>
>>30146480
Asides from being a memecannon. It's actually pretty heavy on your side, and .50 AE's proformance is outmatched by the slightly more expensive .454 Casull. (Also, if you're not quite wanting to use such a monster, you could load .45 ACP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll--DXOWPyA
>>
>>30146536

That's another thought I had. Apparently there are some solid custom holsters out there, but the idea is that this gun would not be for concealed carry under any circumstance. Realistically, I'll probably end up using it exclusively for home defense, or possibly big game hunting if something like a bear showed up in my backyard. If I wanted a concealed carry gun, I'd be looking for completely different qualities in the handgun.

>>30146521

Still waiting for a legitimate response.
>>
>>30146538
I own 3 Desert Eagles, there is simply nothing else out there that can do what a Desert Eagle can.

My brother owns 3 as well, he fucking mag dumps that think so fast you'd think it was a 9mm, all shots in the torso at 7 yards too.

Jams don't happen between the two of us.

He's 6', 240 with XL work glove size hands and I am 6'1, 230 with XXL glove hands.
We're not by any means giants.

I'll tell you one thing though, that fucker is loud in .50 AE, but those fucking 300+ grain bullets turn cinder blocks into powder.

.357 is probably the most pleasant shooting gun you will ever fire, .44 mag feels like a .45 ACP out of a MKVII.

All Desert Eagles are accurate as fucking shit, that long sight radius and fixed barrel is awesome.

Check out the Hickok 45 videos on the Desert Eagle.
>>
>>30146538
It really depends on what you want. If you've got your heart set on that then why try to let us talk you out of it. Go shoot one and if you fall in love with it then it was meant to be.

That said, stoppin powah is for the most part a meme and if you have the opportunity to go with something that has higher capacity that you like just as well, you should probably go with that. I for instance carry a 1911 because I'm limited to 10 rounds anyway. My gun fits my hand like it was made for it and I can shoot it with reasonable accuracy under normal circumstances as well as one handed with either hand.
>>
File: 1457456795701.jpg (27 KB, 351x527) Image search: [Google]
1457456795701.jpg
27 KB, 351x527
>>30146398
>completely new to guns
>so I've decided to start with an expensive novelty gun in a caliber that nobody uses for anything
>for HD
>>
>>30146402
>>30146398
I've seen ported DEP's jam just as frequently as regular DEP's. The issue has to do with how long the cartridge is and how much friction there is on all moving components as it slides into the chamber.

>>30146463
>The Desert Eagle has a bad rap because it is not manlet friendly.
I have a runty 13 year old step-brother who has hands the size of an 8 year old. If you saw him and didn't know is age, you'd say that he's an 8 year old. He's literally a manlet in training. He was able to hold and shoot a .44 magnum Desert Eagle without limpwristing it, which surprised me because he limpwrists Glocks every time he shoots them. These guns actually have a surprisingly average trigger reach. It's just the bottom of the grip that's a little awkward to hold one handed.

>It is 100% reliable, even one handed if you can hold it steady.
It really isn't. Maybe there are a few DEP's out there that are more reliable than others, but in my experience, I've never seen one in person that was fully reliable or talked to an owner who never had problems.
>>
>>30146595
This post smells so strongly of bullshit I can hardly read it without retching. Setting aside the question of why the fuck anyone would want to own three $1200 vanity pistols, I have never seen any posts in the family photo threads with that many Desert Eagles, nor has anyone in any of the recent past Desert Eagle threads made the claim that they have access to six Desert Eagles before. I'm going to have to see some photographic evidence with a timestamp.

>.44 mag feels like a .45 ACP out of a MKVII.
As someone who has owned one, no, it doesn't. The .44 DEP is significantly snappier and harder-hitting than full power 10mm from a Glock 20 - albeit less painful to shoot than .44 mag out of a revolver - but it definitely doesn't feel like .45 ACP, at least out of any full size .45 caliber pistols.
>>
>>30146543

Awesome to hear that it's been working out for you! Have you tried modding it at all?

>>30146560

I had actually been looking into the Taurus Raging Bull as my alternative choice to the modded Desert Eagle; it certainly is more cost-effective than the loaded-out DE, in any case. The only problem I have with it is that it is a revolver. Nothing against revolvers, of course, but their use is limited mostly to hunting. If there were a home invader, I would be practically limited to the number of shots in the gun (which I believe is 5 in the .454 casull,) as opposed to 7 + any additional magazines (so 14 or 21 shots, depending on how many I want to keep around.)

In what ways does it outperform the DE?
>>
>>30146670
>I have a runty 13 year old step-brother who has hands the size of an 8 year old...He was able to hold and shoot a .44 magnum Desert Eagle without limpwristing it

This is how I know you're full of shit and not to pay attention to what you're saying.

Like I said, I am the only actual owner of Desert Eagles in this thread, it's always someone's cousin's friend's brother that has have had muchos problemas with their Desert Eagles...

The fucking Desert Eagle triggers autists and spergies like no other, that's for sure...
>>
>>30146733
What? Do you think that it was the 13 year old's gun? It was my gun; he was just shooting it. I was just as surprised as you are that he could shoot it without limpwristing, or at all. I was so convinced that it would fly out of his hands that I put my own hand in front of his forehead for his first shot in case it got away from him and flipped back into his head, but he was able to handle it just fine.
>>
>>30146707
Grownups with degrees and jobs have money to buy things, who would have thought such a thing?

>>30146714

No, never considered modding it.
I like it the way it is, but the black oxide does tend to rust pretty badly in Texas weather, I plan to refinish it eventually.

I really don't like revolvers, personally.
Yeah, the .454 is more powerful, but I don't care.
I like the smooth recoil and fast reloads of a semi.
>>
File: 1457256057612.gif (844 KB, 800x786) Image search: [Google]
1457256057612.gif
844 KB, 800x786
>>30146773
>Grownups with degrees and jobs
>bragging about his guns on /k/ in the middle of the day
Good one.
>>
>>30146619

I'm a big meritocracy proponent, so I'm really into pre-purchase analyses and tend to make my buying decisions based on whatever product I think is going to be the absolute best for the job. In other words, I tend to set my heart on whatever I perceive the premium item to be-- hence why I am here: To get my ideas challenged by people with more experience than myself. Doing so will actually help me like the gun more.

>Stoppin powah not important

See, this is the kind of highly-debated shit that I really have not been able to formulate a clear opinion on, due to lack of experience. Exactly how much of it is myth? Capacity is definitely important to me, but I am fine with artificially increasing it via spare mags.

>>30146595

Noise is definitely an important factor, but I'm glad to hear that it's got all of the explody-goodness that I'd expect it to have!

>>30146670

This is an interesting post. So you're saying that, from you're experience, it's not necessarily the recoil which causes jamming, but something else? Would you happen to know what causes it, or alternatively, would you be able to recommend a different handgun?
>>
>>30146791
>Anime girl reaction
Yep, like I said, the autists always start crawling out of the woodwork when someone brings up the DE...
>>
>>30146824
>still doing damage control for his badly conceived lies
>>
>>30146840
You do know you have to be over 18 to post here?

Now fuck off son, the OP is looking for a serious discussion, not anime watching neckbeardlet spergisms.
>>
>>30146791

To be fair, I'm 24, have a degree, and also have enough free time to post on /k/ during the middle of the day. Day-trading is a pretty awesome thing. You basically get to set your own schedule as long as you know what you're doing, and you can make enough to finance silly purchases like a $2000+ handgun when you do well. Believe me, if cost were the only consideration, I'd just pick up a Glock 17 and call it a day.
>>
>>30146859
>the OP is looking for a serious discussion, not vidya game playing kiddies who believe that their cowadooty inventory of 6 deagles is comprised of real guns
FTFY
>>
>>30146812
Ultimately anything will do the job. Something commonplace in a defense roll will do better. 45, 9mm, 357 etc. They're all going to put killing sized holes in the target. When you start getting into something like 32acp is when stopping power or lack thereof actually might make a difference. The problem is with a pistol you're only going to be able to do so much. If you want the biggest hole in your target and you don't care about anything else you should go with 12g slugs.
Also another thing to think about is a typical scenario in which you'd need to use it. If you wake up to a bump in the night and go to respond you will be essentially naked. You might not have the time or the foresight to grab your battle jacket let alone your extra magazines.
>>
>>30146585
>Still waiting for legitimate response.

Here's one, fuck off back to cod, kid.
>>
>>30146733
>I am the only actual owner of Desert Eagles in this thread

Zero evidence of that anywhere in this thread
>>
>>30146896
>Triggered
>>
File: Stefan Molyneux - Thumbs up.jpg (32 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
Stefan Molyneux - Thumbs up.jpg
32 KB, 750x400
>>30146965

Not an argument! Pic related.

>>30146959

Ideally, I will get around to reinforcing my doors and windows at some point, and keep the piece in a small, but secure case with at least one pre-loaded magazine, most likely several. I know that keeping your mags permaloaded can wear them out much more quickly, but I wouldn't mind replacing them once in awhile. That's just the cost of security, IMO.

Girlfriend of 5+ years just told me she wants something "better than a shotgun" for when I'm not around, so I might look into those 12g slugs. Thanks for the advice!
>>
it is simple there is no such thing as the best handgun ever they all have pros and cons it all comes down to personal preference
>>
>>30146538
Anything would be better. Especially for HD.

To be sure your gun and your skills arw upto the task of HD you need to practice. A lot.

What good is a $1500 gun youobly shoot 50rds a year through?

Your much better served by a $600 and $900 in ammo and range time.

Op if your looking for a good HD pistol. Get any full size in 9, 40 or 45.
Or a ruger or s&w full size .357 revolver.

My choice in an HD gun is a shot gun or rifle first. Then a full sized pistol.

In my home i have a 300blk sbr as my go to gun.

My back up/ bed stand gun is a fnx 45 with a light.
>>
Can someone ban OP for being retarded please
>>
>>30147260

You honestly make a good point about the practicality of practicing with this thing. Granted, I will probably be shooting more than 50 rounds in a given year, but still, you make a good point that practice is highly essential, and it's not exactly cheap to shoot this thing. I'll definitely factor practice and reserve ammo into the yearly budget, if I do end up going this route.

Incidentally, I am thinking about also getting a 9mm for the lady, so I'll probably end up practicing on that as well.

>>30147338

Not an argument!
>>
File: 1462812705399-pol.jpg (182 KB, 632x950) Image search: [Google]
1462812705399-pol.jpg
182 KB, 632x950
>>30146398
>deagle brand deagle
>by Israeli tech megacorp &son
Never trust the kikes, jimmy
>>
>>30146812
>>Stoppin powah not important
>See, this is the kind of highly-debated shit that I really have not been able to formulate a clear opinion on, due to lack of experience. Exactly how much of it is myth? Capacity is definitely important to me, but I am fine with artificially increasing it via spare mags.
Stopping power is entirely a myth within handgun calibers. If you would like to do more research, I recommend visiting shootingthebull.net as he lays it out very clearly with multiple case studies. The short of it is, if you want guaranteed stopping power you need to be using a rifle--with a long enough barrel for the rifle round to have full powder burn, and a soft tip or frangible rifle bullet.

Pistols just don't cut it.
>>
>>30147196
>I know that keeping your mags permaloaded can wear them out much more quickly, but I wouldn't mind replacing them once in awhile.
This is also a myth. Springs wear out from moving, not from being static. College physics 101 can confirm this (no shame if you didn't need to take it for your career--but I did).
>>
File: 20151212_112008.jpg (62 KB, 958x539) Image search: [Google]
20151212_112008.jpg
62 KB, 958x539
It's fun at the range, but that's about it.
>>
>>30147972

Let's be honest with ourselves here: The Rothschilds already have so much money, pissing a few thousand dollars into that ocean isn't going to expedite their takeover by any significant amount. Unless you're suggesting that they install some kind of gun termination device on every Deagle brand Deagle, this argument actually works against you. If the Jews are relying on it to help ensure their continued global dominance, it must be pretty good. I also like Uzis, especially since there's not a lot of sand to jam them up here in the states, but I'm not trying to turn my house into an extension of my backyard, either.

>>30148011

I am definitely going to check out that site. Thank you very much!

>>30148037

I did not need to take it, unfortunately. Instead, I got stuck with astrophysics. This is awesome news, thank you! In that case, I might even pick up as many as four+ spare mags and keep them fully loaded at all times. Very useful information.
>>
>>30148360
>I might even pick up as many as four+ spare mags and keep them fully loaded at all times
Yeah I keep two loaded up besides the one in the gun (with one chambered). Then a couple empty for the range.

Remember that ammo choice is key in a defensive weapon.

If you live in a place where overpenetration through walls could be a concern, you might consider an AR. It's arguably the best HD option, though pistols have their pros as well and shotguns... well they have a single pro at least.
>>
>>30148400

Definitely a very good point as well; a .50 AE is basically going to blow through everything, walls included. How do you like an uzi vs an AR, and would you recommend me a specific one? From what I've seen anyway, uzis seem to be another one of those guns where a good muzzle break just makes the difference.
>>
>>30146536
>concealing

Why would i conceal a gun made out of fucking gold?

I want it to be seen.
>>
>>30148700
I've only shot an Uzi once and it was magical, super controllable even when doing a steady stream of shots instead of bursts. I wouldn't get one if it wasn't full auto, though. And full auto ones start at $15k iirc... and using an NFA weapon to shoot someone isn't smart from a legal sense (and there WAS a court case demonstrating that).

So I'd suggest an AR, especially since it's very easy to add a weapon light and sling to it, both of which you absolutely want for a home defense gun.
>>
>>30146398
I love the deagle, own a .357 in titanium gold.

But please don't use it for home defense.

Get a reliable gun with high capacity magazine.

Just get a glock.

When your life depends on it, you dont want to be aiming too much or having to deal with a heavy gun or whatever, you just want to point in the general direction and throw down a rain of bullets.

This stopping power per bullet is completely irrelevant, does it really matter if your first bullet doesn't kill if you fired 10?
Shot placement is the only thing that matters, once you get the first one in, they will likely flinch at least which allows for more follow up shots, eventually when hes on the ground maybe you can go for the head shot.

Buy the deagle, use it for fun, to impress your friends, but not for home defense, please, for your own safety.
>>
>>30148360
>Jews relying on it for world domination
THEIR deagles are fine.
>>
for me it's that the ejection system is supposed to be adjustable but just ends up going straight up and hitting me in the face, or down my back, or down my pants
>>
>>30148839

Well, I was thinking the DE would at least be workable for hd with the requisite anti-recoil mods, given its firing speed. Nevertheless, if you insist upon a glock, then I must know: What is the highest caliber I'm going to get, and can I mod this thing for ranged accuracy? I'm looking for something that can take out pretty much anything, including something much, much bigger than a person if necessary, from within close quarters or range, which can also double as a home defense mechanism.

>>30148757

You're starting to sell me on the AR, but I'm honestly partial to handguns. As a result, I really prefer something lightweight and mobile. Do you have a specific AR recommendation that might fit these criteria? I'm sure there are many kinds.
>>
>>30146463
sure kid.
>>
>>30146538
$1.30 per round @PBR ammo. it will jam if you hold it loosely while firing it. no means a first gun.
>>
>>30149151
Honestly, I'd suggest both, with a carry permit. That said, handguns do have some advantages for HD that make up for their lack of lethality--the main one being that you can easily use your second hand to do things like open doors, be calling 9-1-1, carrying a child, and so on, while keeping your gun totally ready to use.

I use a Glock 19 as my carry piece and would have no problem to use it in a HD situation if the AR was for any reason not an option. 15+1 rounds of 147gr Federal HST is about as good as a person can ask for; if you have NO plans to carry it, a Glock 17 will give you +2 rounds.

Note that the FBI is moving to 9mm after determining that .40S&W and .45ACP have no notable improvement in lethality or ability to stop the threat.

also
>I really prefer something lightweight and mobile
>initial suggestion was a Deagle
oh, you.

As to specific ARs, there's better folks than me to ask but a lightweight 14.5" barrel with a pinned flash hider (minimizes the glare you'll get from firing and SLIGHTLY lowers the noise over a standard A2 birdcage device; DON'T get a muzzle brake unless you're getting a silencer) will be quite light and compact. You can toss a red dot (faster aiming, though you can just use the front sight alone), 2-point sling (so that you can do shit without having to set your gun down--a must), and weapon light (target ID in the dark--a must) on it and be in fantastic shape.
>>
>>30146398
as a first handgun, the desert eagle will 100% fail on you because you are new and don't know how to shoot or handle it.

get a 9mm glock (17 or 19) and be done with it.
>>
>>30146402
You sound like you're fresh off the Counterstrike boat. You can't handle the Desert Eagle outside of .357, regardless of "mods".

This isn't fucking Payday 2 or Insurgency or Call of Duty or whatever.

You will have tremendous blast even if the recoil is milder, and a compensated .50AE produces more of it than .44 Mag without any compensation.

Get good on a more manageable newbie-friendly gun and get some rental time with the DE before committing.
>>
>>30146538
You're going to need a couple hundred rounds for practice, and even then you should rotate your carry ammunition a couple times a year to prevent set back or possible powder set from weather (clumping powder giving uneven gas pressure - it happens more often in old active loads, but it's possible in very narrow circumstances like in humid hot areas).

Buying a DEP as a first pistol when you're effectively a noguns teenager (is what you sound like, with theorycrafting and mods and other talk) is equivalent to a new driver buying an F1 or as a first car after theorycrafting on mods to make it better for him.
>>
>>30152333
>glock
We're trying to save the kid, not blow his hands off.
>>
File: DSCF0506.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0506.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
here's my Desert Eagle Pistol (above the Mark II Model C) on the right.

it is very pleasant in .357 Magnum, and in .44 Magnum it's just stouter - not uncomfortable. most problems i've observed with people shooting mine is improper grip and stance, and lack of follow through to control the pistol.

i've also shot .50AE though it with a compensator and the blast and noise is obnoxious and borderline painful. the recoil likewise is painful after several magazines.

it isn't not "new shooter" friendly in the least, regardless of whatever "mods" someone were to put on it. it is a hunting and target pistol, meant for experienced pistoleros.
>>
>>30149151
>requisite anti-recoil mods, given its firing speed
You really need to stop with the video game sound bites. It hurts your case if you're trying to sound like a mature individual that wants serious advice. In a vacuum, a reasonable gun owner will read that and assume you are talking about statistics for a gun in a game - somewhere where adding a muzzle brake gives +2 to recoil reduction or something.
>>
>>30152516
how do you like the open top you've got there?
>>
>>30152613
what is an "open top"? there's no break action firearms in that photo.
>>
>>30152792
the revolver
it doesn't have a top strap over the cylinder
therefore it is an open-top as in the top is literally always open
>>
>>30152516
Hey what are those two other handguns? Those look much more interesting.
>>
>>30152821
news to me, but it's a Colt 1851 Navy.

>>30152838
Colt 1851 Navy, made in New York in 1852. it's a third model Navy specifically.

the other is an MBA Mark II Model C "Gyrojet" rocket pistol.
>>
>>30146398
>>30146402
>I have never owned a handgun before
>I can handle its nasty recoil
Hahahaha
Nice B8
>>
>>30152884
>gyrojet
Are you the /mu/fag with the collection from heaven itself?
>>
>>30146398
So you vomit out OVER ONE GRAND on a hand gun, then SPEND THREE HUNDRED MORE DOLLARS on a modification.

FIRST
HANDGUN

Fucking idiot just buy a fucking .500 or .44 magnum and see if you can not break every bone in your hand shooting them then maybe it might be worth vomitting out over 1k on a shitty piece of shit.
>>
>>30152926
yes
>>
>>30152945
Sweet! Pretty cool to hear that you've been getting acquainted with your inheritance.

Man, did I ever cheer when I saw the news about the lawsuit. It really picked me up from an until then bad day.
>>
>>30152989
good to hear. i've been adding to it as well. found a Z-M LR 300 at a local shop for sale, and figured it'd be a neat addition.
>>
>>30153004
>Z-M LR 300
Nice, those are cool as hell.
>>
>>30153004
you own all the coolest guns

what is the gyrojet like it shoots fucking rockets man tell me
>>
>>30153082
i've fired a few rounds that were in it, especially since the ammunition appears impossible to find and if it does appear it's brutally expensive for one or two so i'm not interested in shooting it much more than that. it has no recoil, has an odd sound, and isn't very accurate as far as i can tell.
>>
>>30153119
I wonder if the accuracy is something inherent to the rounds or if it's due to the slow start allowing time for the gun to wobble in the user's hand, and drift off target.
>>
>>30153134
well, from what i've read, the barrel has nearly no rifling - it's very faint. the rockets themselves have precision drills nozzles for exhaust gasses to stabilize the round through flight. when the 13mm machinery was adapted to 12mm, the inaccuracy problem was magnified by huge amounts. MBA didn't have the money at the time to buy new machines.
>>
File: KimberCustomCovertII.jpg (49 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
KimberCustomCovertII.jpg
49 KB, 640x427
Bro just grab a .45.

Carrying a deagle is just faggy. And impractical. It's a huge gun even for a fullsized person. It's heavy, and the recoil basically insures that being able to get off a second shot on target quickly is off the table. And if it's your first gun, you're probably gonna shoot it. A lot. .50 AE is expensive, and trust me, you don't just want to have a gun for "when the time comes" and never use it. You will fucking die.

Get something nice and smaller for your self defense needs, honestly I'd recommend something like a G19. Small, low recoil, and easy to handle.

If you want a .45, my recommendation is a Kimber Custom Cover II. Light, reliable, and good in low-light situations. Basically perfect for home defense, and the smaller version is great for EDC, it's what I use.

The people saying they use a deagle for .50 AE are overcompensating. Trust me. You don't need the 'HELLA GOLDEN VIJYAGAME GUN'. You want a gun that actually will work in those moments where you don't have time to brace for recoil.

At the end of the day, your call. But it's just my 2 cents.
>>
>>30153159
Do the rockets just look like a 9mm snap cap except for some holes in the back?
>>
>>30153159
apparently the early production runs had all gas ports designed perfectly but later production guns one of the ports was blocked causing it to be inaccurate. odd noise it makes it cool too because some rounds make a sonic boom and some don't

what I find interesting is how every write up for the gun needs to mention how a few soldiers bought private ones to use in Vietnam at least twice per article. Like all of these sites really want you to picture some dude exploding gooks with his rocket pistol.
>>
File: IMG_0773.jpg (125 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.jpg
125 KB, 800x600
>>30153175
no. here's a pic of some new in the box. they are like copper solids with some drilled/machined nozzles at the rear at an angle.
>>
>>30153191
Those are so cool.
>>
>>30146398
Have you considered .460 rowland?
>>
Polymer .45 acp if you're being practical. FN, Glock, Sig, Beretta

1911 .45 ACP if you're being practical and historic. Kimber, Colt, Springfield, Sig

9mm if you're being pragmatic. Sig, Glock, S&W, CZ
>>
>>30146398
Please shoot some guns with muzzle breaks at an indoor range to experience how unpleasant and distracting the muzzle blast is (not too mention how injuriously loud if you don't have double earphones).

Now imagine that much worse for a 50AE with break.

Also consider the risk of self injury when firing from a retention position.

Muzzle breaks, ports, comps, etc. are not well suited to HD.
>>
>>30146398
I'm not even going to dignify this question with a response. If you're on /k/ lurking, you should know more than well enough why it's not. If you aren't, lurk more. As a third possibility, you may be a guest from another board shitposting.

Of the possibilities, shitposting is most plausible.

I award you no points for your poor effort. Go back to whatever board you came from or at least lurk more until you can assemble a shitpost that's less than blindingly obvious.
>>
>>30146402
The DE family of handguns is rife with problems, even in threads filled with fanboys, the negative reputation permeates thoroughly enough to disqualify it from consideration by any buyer who hasn't already put on the blinders and become deadset on one.

Any pistol issued by police forces around the states is a solid candidate for HD and CC, and will outperform a DE by miles in every metric from energy delivered/seconds (due to llower recoil making a faster shot cadence possible for a given level of accuracy) to cost of operation to how much it'll hurt if it's locked away in an evidence locker for the rest of your life.

If you're intent on spending $1200 on your HD pistol, buy a Glock/Sig/Springfield/etc (~$700), 6 magazines (~$250) (3 loaded, 3 unloaded to be cycled every six months to prevent static spring fatigue), A good flashlight (~$150), and spend your last $100 on a box of Lawman 124gr FMJ and 2 boxes of HydraShok/Gold Dot.

Beyond that, adequate training may run you up to $600, ammo to prove out all of your magazines will cost at least $100, and the cost in ammunition, range access fees, cleaning supplies, and time committed to training will account for at least $100/month if you are actually going to keep on top of your training and not lose your edge with an additional ~$500 every couple of years to attend more training schools and expand your martial handgun toolkit and achieve higher levels of mastery over the skill set.

Making yourself ready for a potential HD situation isn't as simple as buying a $1200 memegun, a couple of spare magazines and enough ammo to fill them. Handguns are not a magic wand you can wave willy-nilly at a bad guy to make them go away (if they're someone worth being worried about in the first place). Combative handgun use is a martial art that needs to be practiced to the level where you'd *bet your life* on your level of competence because that's exactly what you're doing in a potential HD event.
>>
>>30154394
TL;DR, being able to use a handgun defensively isn't as cheap as you think it is, even if you know you are buying a ludicrously expensive firearm with ludicrously expensive ammo.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.