[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgf BL1hz_zw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 27
File: 01.png (37 KB, 213x195) Image search: [Google]
01.png
37 KB, 213x195
oh boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfBL1hz_zw
>>
>>30122563
I tried to watch it
>Spandau
>Spandau
>Spandau
>>
>>30122563
He sounds like such a whiney bitch. I can't believe he really brought in the Western Sword Vs Samurai Sword discussion and compared it to this with him on the Western Sword side.
>>
>>30122563
Why the fuck does he keep calling it the Spandau? Wasn't that only used to refer to the MG 08?
>>
>>30122599
Because he read in one book that soldiers referred to it as a Spandu and has taken it as gospel.

Also, in his example he gives a soldier a) wouldn't bother correcting his CO/NCO on the exact name of a machine gun during a firefight b) the CO/NCO would probably just say "that machine gun" instead of "that Spandau" or "that MG42/MG34"
>>
>>30122607

He referenced multiple books that called it a Spandu.
>>
>>30122607
Lots of accounts I've read by British veterans called it a Spandau. However that doesn't make it correct. It's a colloquialism, and it's someone else colloquialism from 70 years ago. He doesn't need to use it.

But he's a faggot so he does anyway. He's an obnoxious sperg and he doesn't even own guns, he makes Britfags look worse than we already do.
>>
>>30122631

Do you call Germany: "Germany" or "Deutschland"?
>>
>>30122640
Spandauland mate
>>
>>30122563
STOP CALLING IT A FUCKING SPANDAU......REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Although overall who cares, its a video from some guy that no one who's opinion matters will take seriously, might as well chill out about it.
>>
>>30122648

How can you even get triggered by a brit calling it what brits called it?

It's well documented that brits called it a spandau.
>>
>>30122640
Actually I call it New Syria. Although I live in New Pakistan so it's not like I've got much room to talk.

I deleted my Jewtube account a long time ago and don't use anything to do with google; but if any /k/omrades are trolling in the comments then call him a faggot for me, please.
>>
>>30122648
>REE
Kill yourself you underage faggot.
>>
>>30122655
That's not what its called though, he's not a Tommy from World War Two, him using that colloquialism makes no sense, it doesn't apply to him.
>>
>>30122657

>Actually I call it New Syria.

Alright, so nobody but you is allowed to use a colloquialism.
Got it.
>>
>>30122663
>accuses someone of being underage
>resorts to 'kill yourself' and homophobic slurs
Get a load of this guy.
>>
/k/ you're just pretending to be retarded, right?
>>
>>30122666

If the nation-state of Deutschland for whatever reason totally stopped existing after WW2,
would you be equally retarded for referring back to it as Germany now in 2016?

I'm just trying to understand your autistic little rules better to avoid triggering you further.
>>
>>30122667
its called a joke.
>>
>>30122674
Well you're a faggot who's obviously been on 4chan for 5 minutes, you've pretty much proved it by getting upself about being called a fag or told to kill yourself when you've been posting like a faggot.

It stands to reason that you'd also be a 16 year-old frogposting REEEfag from reddit or /v/.
>>
>>30122679
Fuck off Lindy.
>>
>>30122682

Do you understand the point I was originally making, or do we need to try this again?
>>
>>30122680
>autistic rules
>thinking its stupid to stick to a colloquialism used by a small number of people during a small time frame rather than the widely accepted correct designation
Whatever you say chief.
>>
>>30122686
>if I keep saying faggot, people will think I fit in
If it helps you get through the day sport.
>>
>>30122690
yeah, I understood it perfectly, and its fucking retarded.
kill yourself you smug brit fuck.
>>
>>30122563
20 min of damage control
Nah, I'm good
>>
>>30122699
Alright queer.
>>
>>30122693

>still getting triggered by someone using a period phrase when referring to equipment of that period
>>
>>30122700

Sure you do, paki
;^)
>>
>>30122699
>lets use some ad-hominem in the face of all evidence instead of denying that I'm an underage shitposter
You got butthurt over being called a fag on 4chan, you really don't have a leg to stand on at this point.
>>
>>30122710
>implying I got butthurt
That's, like, your opinion.
>>30122706
>using the word 'triggered'
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>30122725

>>>>>>>>triggered<<<<<<<<
>>
File: Carlos .jpg (4 KB, 244x180) Image search: [Google]
Carlos .jpg
4 KB, 244x180
>>30122732
Lindy's latest video certainly triggered me

>now with picture
>>
>>30122744

>t r i g g e r e d<
>r<
>i<
>g<
>g<
>r<
>e<
>d<
>>
The amount of triggered is amazing.
>>
>>30122631
The bulk of the existing nomeculture for many WW2 era weapons and vehicles are post war inventions. The model community is notorious for it. Hetzer, Jumbo, etc

Silly shit to argue about.
>>
>>30122666
Satan speaks the truth here, Lindy is making mental gymnastics to justify calling the MG42 a Spandau.
>well yeah? eh, british people called it Spandau and so do I
this argumentation is completly irrelevant. nobody is calling it "Hitlers Buzzsaw" as its real name, either.
>>
>>30122781

>nobody is calling it "Hitlers Buzzsaw" as its real name, either.

Lindy wasn't saying that spandau was its real name.
One of the very first things he said in the first video was that the technically correct name was mg-34/42
>>
>>30122563
Lindy has become the master at riling up nerds on the internet, bless that limey
>>
>>30122781
>nobody is calling it "Hitlers Buzzsaw"

That would be great though
>>
>>30122796
>Type 99 or Hitler's Buzzsaw - which was better?
>The answer is the Type 99, and here's why...
>>
>>30122774

Even the preexisting names of tanks (Shermans) were hardly ever used by their actual crews. It's actually one of the more annoying issues with WW2 document research, be it Americans reporting almost all German tanks as 'Tigers' or Germans referring to thier own tanks as simply 'wagons.'
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 546x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 546x726
>>30122663
>being too mentally undeveloped to understand obvious satirical writing
>>
>>30122846
Germans referring to every Soviet tank as a T34 is pretty notorious too isn't it?
>>
>he brought up SLA Marshall's 'Men Against Fire' claim that most soldiers dont aim to kill
>Marshall's most controversial book

He has to be trolling to provoke comments to hit on this stuff back to back.
>>
File: k at home.jpg (6 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
k at home.jpg
6 KB, 310x163
>>30122563

who cares about this shit? ya'll motherfuckers need to go outside
>>
Reee there's a different between 34 and 42 you fucking tosser
>>
File: _hDZxD.gif (1018 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
_hDZxD.gif
1018 KB, 320x180
>>
>>30122787
>correct name was mg-34/42
Wait what !? The mg34 and the mg42 aren't the same gun, what is this magic ?
>>
I don't know why you people don't dislike the video
>>
>>30122563
>Only 2% of soldiers aimed to kill meme

God damnit....
>>
>>30122640

Do you call all AK rifles "AK47"?
>>
>>30122877
thats because damn near all soviet tanks past Barbarossa were t-34s
>>
Why do you give views to a nogunz britcuck again?
>>
>>30123334

Brits get triggered when they are told they are wrong.
>>
Spurdau haha :D:D
How bad are Lindy's other videos? His historical battle explanations made sense to me, but now I'm second guessing them...
>>
>>30122563

>Nobody refuting what he says
>Just memes and ad hominem

Fucking Wheraboos.
>>
>>30123904
He is quite hit and miss and he is definately on thin ice here.

Some of the stuff he does is ok but I have a hard time getting over his "quirky behaviour".
>>
>>30122679
found Lindy, stay assmad faggot
>>
File: lindybeige.jpg (23 KB, 359x222) Image search: [Google]
lindybeige.jpg
23 KB, 359x222
>>30122563
>Lindy
>talking about guns
N-no thanks.

>>30123904
Some of his stuff is nice, pic related.
>>
>>30122563
how is the damage control working, perhaps he should call yeager for some advice
>>
>4chan /k/
>arguing over whether someone is "a sperg" for "using a colloquialism"
>>
>>30122563

His theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf2Ecp8U9Yo
>>
>>30123904
Let's just say this seems to be about his usual standards for weapons at least.
>>
>>30124668
That's... not confidence inspiring. Guess I'll stick with good ol' Matt Easton now.
>>
>>30123263
Brits call almost all Assault Rifles Kalashnikov's.
>>
>>30122563
Well, I don't know what he's on about being against fanboys...when I was in Iraq there was all manner of old guns from WW2 from all over and indeed I saw a Bren in a rust pile, but that was like once.

Meanwhile there are all the Europeans allies with modern versions of MG-42's on their vehicles.

Bren: 0 MG42: 1
>>
>>30123119
He also says, correctly, that the German tactics for the use of the guns was identical. To someone facing the guns they were for all intents identical.
>>
>>30122563
Well thanks for bringing this to my attention anon, I disliked both of his videos.
>>
>>30125170
They cover completely different eras. Lindy does (did?) HEMA but never professionally and mainly talks about ancient and early medieval battlefield tactics while Easton teaches HEMA and focuses on late medieval/renaissance individual fighting.
>>
>>30125509
Lindy never did HEMA, he did larping of unit fighting from the ancient world.

They do sometimes cross over into each other era focuses, but yes largely different eras.

I feel they should be watched in conjunction since both have quite different approaches to fighting/practicality of weapons etc.
>>
>>30125651
He mentions doing HEMA in one of his videos on longsword technique. It was about ochs IIRC.
>>
>>30125671
Strange, apart from that I've never seen him mention that (including his website). Maybe he dabbled for a short time.
>>
>>30125671
The way I understand it he did reenactment for a long period of time, he decided to try hema much more recently (and made that longsword video and the one about holding daggers after attending only one or two sessions).
>>
>>30125687
Probably. He hasn't done many technique videos since.

Found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fK35jaxf8I
>>
>>30125712
Thanks, dat long opening.
>>
>>30125712
NVM. It's this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqE9fEwCu0
>>
>>30125737
Ah, makes sense. I missed this one somehow.
>>
>>30122589

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_08

>Pre-war production was by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) in Berlin and the government arsenal at Spandau (so that the gun was often referred to as a Spandau MG 08).

SHUT UP YOU WHINY CUNT
>>
File: berlin_love.jpg (192 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
berlin_love.jpg
192 KB, 800x600
>>30122563
I live in Berlin and I hate Spandau. So yeah Bren all way
>>
File: doyouenjoybeing.jpg (10 KB, 261x168) Image search: [Google]
doyouenjoybeing.jpg
10 KB, 261x168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCl1FqD7n6k
>look at the comments
>Operation market garden was 90% successful t. Spandau Lindy
>mfw
>>
File: autism.jpg (51 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
51 KB, 277x296
>>30125922
>Check out the video
>the madman actually said it
Jesus Christ
>>
>>30125922
Is this guy a fucking Modern Montgomery?

>90% successful
>failed in its primary directive

I guess if I only shit my pants a little, it doesn't count as shitting my pants
>>
>>30125769
In what fucking world is an MG08 also an MG42?
>>
>>30126415
In britain apparently. According to Lindy the brits call every german ww1/ww2 MG the Spandau.
>>
Who Matt Easton here?
>>
>>30126415

In what fucking world are the Mongols German? And yet they called them Huns in WWI. And all the boys who grew up play-fighting in the yard against the "Huns" ended up calling German soldiers "Huns" again when they went up against them in WWII.

It's almost like these slang terms have fuckin inertia, or something.

Also, the man's fucking right. The MG-34/42 were both excellent HMGs/GMPGs, but they were both used in the LMG configuration as well, and their design features just weren't as suited for it as the Bren was. For the exact same reasons the Bren wasn't anywhere near their equal as an emplacement MG.

>>30126385

Hey, it was 90% successful. Took 90% of its objectives. Unfortunately the success or failure of the entire operation hinged on taking one - ONE - objective, and it failed to take that. This is called "shitty fucking planning." His point was probably something along the lines of Market Garden being an example of shitty planning, not shitty fighting by the Allies.

Though I never heard him mention "Market Garden" and I listened to the whole damn thing, so, no idea what everyone's going on about.
>>
File: MattEaston.jpg (13 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
MattEaston.jpg
13 KB, 175x175
>>30126459
While a bit of a smug dick at times and occasionally wrong at non-sword stuff he's still the best one of the bunch by far.
>>
>>30122599
he fancies a proper excoriation
>>
>>30126465
Akchually, they were called Huns after the Hunnic peoples of old.
>>
>>30126465
>Though I never heard him mention "Market Garden" and I listened to the whole damn thing, so, no idea what everyone's going on about.
Its in the comment section,:
>somebody mentions Marked Garden
>Lindy: What about it? It was 90% successful, according to Monty. It moved the front very rapidly towards Germany, and from this area, the ports of western Holland were conquered, with British and Canadian infantry having to attack despite often being out-numbered three to one, and they succeeded. Yes, the salient got cut more than once, but it was re-established soon afterwards.
>>
>>30126459
Matt Easton is the only youtube sword guy I know who can speak with any sort of authority. He's actually formally educated in medieval archaeology and can leverage it in experimental archaeology like HEMA.

Lindy is fine but out of his element in a lot of the things he goes on about. He's fine with bronze age stuff though, which is what I think he's educated in.
>>
File: 1423810612350.jpg (3 KB, 123x126) Image search: [Google]
1423810612350.jpg
3 KB, 123x126
>says the Bren was more accurate then the "spandau"
>Brings up a case of a guy not getting hit by a "spandau" several times only 50 meters away or so laying on the ground.
>Uses that to prove the Bren was more accurate also because it had a better barrel or so?
>Goes on to say in this video that the "spandau" was used to suppress the enemy troops and they did not actually aim all the time.

What is he doing?
>>
>>30126649
>brit knows fuckall about guns
in other news sky is blue
>>
>>30126664
>implying that any of the Americans on /k/ have actually fired a full retard weapon
>>
>>30126540
>>Lindy: What about it? It was 90% successful, according to Monty. It moved the front very rapidly towards Germany, and from this area, the ports of western Holland were conquered, with British and Canadian infantry having to attack despite often being out-numbered three to one, and they succeeded. Yes, the salient got cut more than once, but it was re-established soon afterwards.

Oh, that's all? Well, he's technically right. Even if he is quoting Monty's own excuses, which were also technically right. Monty thought Market-Garden would end the war in one big orgasmic sweep, which proved to be highly optimistic bullshit. But, still. It was too much cost for too little gain, but they did get those gains.
>>
>>30126718

Mohammad pls.
>>
Controversy? What? I never even knew the two were ever compared.
>>
>>30126649
I though most MG placements had pre marked fire zones marked on their notches and periodically fired into those zones or if the terrain is tight they would set up kill zones and have them marked down to fire into.

They didnt sit and aim at enemy targets. Often they didnt even use the sites beyond finding their zones of fire, opting instead to use the tracers to check that their shots are landing in the correct area. Thats why a lot of pictures and footage of soldiers in combat have them sitting above the MG on mount or far below (although the ones far below had sites below to check for fire).

If a machine gun is on a tripod or wheeled its sites aren't used like a rifle. Its the technique above that made the mounted MGs of WW1 and WW2 effective in the defensive.
>>
What really triggers me, is that first this guy uploads a video labeled "BREN vs MG34" with an MG42 pictured.

Then this fucking bong refers to MG34 (apparently) by calling it "Spandau" which was a nickname for MG42, after a deathcamp at Spandau due to the massive rpm and killcount.

Kinda like the burgers called MG42 "Hitler's buzz-saw".

I couldn't even watch the video because of the "facts" based on opinions. Like laying down suppressing fire with a BREN is more effective and accurate than "Spandau" because the gun is more stable and slower in terms of fire rate. Here i was thinking that you're supposed to SUPPRESS the enemy from firing back at your troops by laying suppressing fire. And what could be better than 1200 rounds per minute raining down your position at constant pace (given they had enough ammo).
Oh, right, firing 30 round mags at slower fire rate and having to reload every 4 seconds.

Fucking no-guns bongs
>>
>>30125474
So I guess the M1919 is also the same as MG-34 and MG-42 because it filled a similar role. Wow didn't know the American's copied the Spandau.
>>
>>30125922
>fucking Varg Vikernes is commenting on youtube videos now.
>>
>>30127587
That guy is actually German

And probably the by far most informational and entertaining military history youtuber at all, greatly produced videos

Fucking Germans, so fucking competent

>PKK approved
>>
>>30127587
Varg's been commenting on vids for ages. He used to comment on Lindy a lot more, but I think Lindy told him to fuck off.
>>
>>30127817
the maker of that video is german. But look down in the comments section. A sneaky little Varg.
>>
>>30122631
Do you call Russian planes their names or their NATO designations?
>>
>>30128225
by their names of course. What kind of Mig-15 are you?
>>
>>30122607
Had family who served in British Army during, they also referred to them as Spandau's m8. Maybe you Yanks didn't?
>>
>>30122563
Lindy Triggers /k/ autists pt.2
>>
>>30122563
I really dislike Lindybeige, he comes off in his videos like he is knowledgeable on the subjects he talks about because he is a good orator but in reality he does less research than half the users of 4chan,
>>
>>30122607
>Also, in his example he gives a soldier a) wouldn't bother correcting his CO/NCO on the exact name of a machine gun during a firefight b) the CO/NCO would probably just say "that machine gun" instead of "that Spandau" or "that MG42/MG34"

That was his exact point. Pull the cocks out of your ears, fuckhead.
>>
>>30128799
It's a lost cause m8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH4t1j6rQBg
Relevant video comparing the MG-34 to the BAR, very similar situation.
Also an excellent series if anyone hasn't heard of it, Weapons of Westpoint.
>>
>>30126506
Yeah but when he's wrong he'll own it and he sites sources. He work really hard to defend dual wielding, but when he site historical fencing manuals talking about it, and hen demonstrates it himself, who the fuck am I to disagree when all I've got is D@D and star wars kid style practicing in my free time?
>>
>>30128207
He's Austrian
>>
File: 213413241324.png (581 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
213413241324.png
581 KB, 500x496
>>30122563
>Those fucking mental gymnastics he pulled out for the apples and oranges thing
And he calls us the fucking fanboys
>>
File: Anschluß.jpg (69 KB, 323x496) Image search: [Google]
Anschluß.jpg
69 KB, 323x496
>>30129422
>implying Austrians aren't Germans
>implying the Austrian nation isn't a myth

There is no Austrian nationalism. Austria is part of the German nation, since the early middle ages. It has always be German, and will always be German. (Austrian) Hitler didn't "annex" Austria, the Austrians voted by 99% to join the Reich.
Austrian culture is South German, basically just like the Bavarian. Austrian dialect is a form of Bavarian dialect. There's German TV, magazines and newspapers in Austria.

The myth of the Austrian nation was brought up by the allies after WWII, Austria is just as German as Bavaria and Prussia.

tl;dr - "mil history visualized" is German.He's just btw living in Hamburg, anyways.
>>
>>30122877
No, thats not notorious. No one has ever said that before you posted it on this forum.
>>
>>30129539
in that case he's still Austrian
just as a Bavarian is still Bavarian

but you're also ignoring that there was no unified German state until Bismark and there still isn't and never has been
before WWII, there was Austria-Hungary and Germany

things aren't what you say they are just because it fits conveniently in your Wehraboo German-nationalist dogma
>>
>>30122846
>Germans referring to thier own tanks as simply 'wagons"

Not really. The German term for tank is Panzer, or Panzerwagen. That's why they might call every tank a panzer, or a wagen, wagon. It's basically just another word for tank, so that's different.
>>
File: heiliges römisches reich.jpg (246 KB, 1152x791) Image search: [Google]
heiliges römisches reich.jpg
246 KB, 1152x791
>>30129597
>what is the Holy Roman empire of German nation

But yes, a Bavarian is a Bavarian. An Austrian is an Austrian. And a Saxon is a Saxon.
But they are still all Germans.

I'm neither wehraboo nor German nationalist, i just like history.
>>
File: 1457861083066.jpg (510 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457861083066.jpg
510 KB, 1000x1000
>>30126385

Its true, they did accomplish (as far as I understand it) most of their objectives, despite how poorly things went

its just that it was planned so narrowly that nothing coudl go wrong, something went wrong, and they all failed

I mean, not a single one of the normandy landings accomplished their strategic goal, but they were sucessful regardless

On a war on the scale of World War 2, I'm sure your plans are constantly going to shit, I think a better strategy is one that can still suceed despite having to constantly adapt and change it, using the resouces you have available.
>>
File: 1418282787717.jpg (62 KB, 260x259) Image search: [Google]
1418282787717.jpg
62 KB, 260x259
>>30129636

>The Holy Roman Empire

>Being Holy

>Roman

>or an Empire
>>
>>30129692
Well whatever it was, it unified all German and a lot of non-German territories, and it lasted 900 years.
>>
File: 1417758469883.png (27 KB, 593x539) Image search: [Google]
1417758469883.png
27 KB, 593x539
>>30129706

>unified

>constantly fucking up

>constantly having rebellions

HRE is unified in the same way Europe was under Papal authority.
>>
>>30129597

>voted to join

Yeah after Nazi troops invaded on March 12. It was a sham vote everyone knew was going to be won by the independence camp, which is why Hitler demanded the Prime Minister resign and to appoint Inquart as the head of government. When he didn't he actually just fucking took Austria.

There was nothing truly democratic about the Anschluss Referendum.

Also, Germany as an entity is a very recent concept. "Germany" historically has always been a patchwork of many nations working together (or sometimes against each other, see: 30 years war) for the betterment of "Germany" as a whole.

Almost like Italy, honestly. The only difference is that Germany managed to mainly set aside regional patriotism after a hundred years and do the country thing, whereas Italy still needs to be fucking balkanaized just so it stops being such a bitch state.
>>
File: smug voltaire face.jpg (2 MB, 1413x1742) Image search: [Google]
smug voltaire face.jpg
2 MB, 1413x1742
>>30129706
>>
>>30129692

The HRE was a force to be reckoned with. The member nations always squabble to see who would remain dominant, but honestly it did insulate member states from foreign aggression and prevent them from being taken advantage of. Look at the Habsburg dominion if Europe, it would've been impossible for that to occur without the HRE.

That being said, I think there's something to be said about the pope, considering that he did manage to get the Emperor himself of the HRE, the supposed leader of all free Germans, to stand outside in the snow barefoot and beg for forgiveness after being excommunicated.
>>
>>30125922
Thanks, never saw this channel before. Watching his other videos now.
>>
>>30127587
>>30128207
>Varg
Call him Kristian, that's his original name (and also because its hilarious).
>>
File: voltaire1.jpg (76 KB, 664x750) Image search: [Google]
voltaire1.jpg
76 KB, 664x750
>>30129831
>
>
>
>>
File: 1456946996154.jpg (65 KB, 570x845) Image search: [Google]
1456946996154.jpg
65 KB, 570x845
>>30122563
>spandau

Die in hell
>>
File: 1458720583781.jpg (77 KB, 654x720) Image search: [Google]
1458720583781.jpg
77 KB, 654x720
>>30122563
>hurr nobody copied the MG34 after the war
>hurr so it's shit

BECAUSE IT WAS FUCKING EXPENSIVE YOU BITCH, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY STARTED MAKING MG42S IN THE FIRST PLACE?
>>
File: tanks.png (351 KB, 467x286) Image search: [Google]
tanks.png
351 KB, 467x286
>>30129296
>Yeah but when he's wrong he'll own it and he sites sources.
Usually yes.
He's by far the best when it comes to the topic of 95% of his videos.

Still wish he would make a follow-up to the one where he claimed the Sherman was total shit though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oKZCdt_KFM
>>
>Spandau
Unless you're a British infantryman serving during the time frame of 1914-1945, stop saying this.
>>
>>30132143
the worst part of this is that people will begin parroting his retarded shit like the fuckin gospel.
>>
>>30122563
The Bren was very successful thats why all modern MGs are top fed box mags with offset sights...
>>
>>30122666
This. He never served.
>>
>britcuck
>doensn't even own guns

To the trash it goes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQygRVvEmM

Hold me, /k/.

Is he comparing a general purpose machine gun that fires mostly from a trench or inside a tank to a fucking walking fire LMG?
>>
>20 minutes of bullshit
sparknotes version?
>>
>>30132264
>Bren good, Spandau bad. Everyone who disagrees are fanboys
>>
>>30132278
This. His secobd video os a reclarification, apology or anything, it's him flinging poo at anyone who disagrees with him.

I tbumbs downed his video, the rest of /k/ should do the same.
>>
>>30127280
They did. It's called the M60. Consider suicide.
>>
File: whisper.png (451 KB, 1335x1161) Image search: [Google]
whisper.png
451 KB, 1335x1161
Span-dau.
>>
File: FG42-BeltFeed.jpg (47 KB, 900x447) Image search: [Google]
FG42-BeltFeed.jpg
47 KB, 900x447
>>30132315
But the M60 is more like a FG42 with the belt fed system of a "spandau"
>>
>>30132373
this desu senpai.

A lot of grunts from the 80s are convinced spandau is better because of muh easier to change barrel.
>>
>>30123904
Some of his videos are alright

Most things involving weapons are really bad, from medieval to firearms
>>
>>30128799
I think it's you who needs to go back and rewatch the video

>>30128969
samefag
>>
>>30132337
fucking stop it
>>
>>30132709
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2b1AS4p2c
>>
>>30132720
>So true
>Funny how it seems
>Always in time, but never in line for dreams
>Head over heels, when toe to toe
>This is the sound of my soul
>This is the sound

fitting
>>
>>30126792
when used mounted and at long distance, especially when shooting indirect fire, they used this method.
A method which wasnt very common in ww2. The german infantry squads were built around mobile mgs
>>
>>30126459
I've always liked his weapons stuff, up there with Ian on FG for knowledge and not spewing shit.
>>
>>30129539
>He's just btw living in Hamburg, anyways.
He's back in Austria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMseuB5HLUg
>>
>>30128158
As he should, Varg's an annoying autist
>>
>>30125452
modernized brens were use as late as early 2000s
>>
>>30133349
Where? Irregular militias in Brazil don't count.
>>
>>30132152
early sherman was shit tho
>>
File: sides.jpg (13 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
sides.jpg
13 KB, 290x174
>>30128378
you owe me a pair of sides
>>
>>30133387
UK army used L4 (modernized Bren in 7.62 Nato) till 1990s.
Reserves used it till 2005/6 (don't remember exacly)
>>
>>30129597
Thank you anon
>>
File: Northkoreagirl.jpg (106 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
Northkoreagirl.jpg
106 KB, 500x411
>>30132193

>Nork Type 76
>Used by the most powerful army on earth
>>
>>30133146
Yup. I was genuinely interested in what that RP of his would be like, but everypne's expectations were almost TOO confirmed.
>papyrus
>the entire thing

He actually used to lick Lindy's arse and try to be chummy with him in the comments, but Lindy ignored him and now Varg's butthurt, calling him a "chauvinist". Lolwat
>>
>>30135018

RP?
>>
Wehraboos on full damage control.
>>
>>30135058
It's called MYFAROG, which sounds like a norwegian toe infection but then that's Varg for you. It stands for MYthic FAntasy ROleplaying Game; presumably MYFAROGA sounds ugly to Varg but not MYFAROG.

Anyway, it is literally REFERENCE TABLES - THE GAME. Varg touts it as an educational piece for kids, but take it from someone who grew up with Warhammer - you wanna streamline that shit. Myfarog is the Platonic inverse of streamlined. It is - like Varg's social and political views - jurassically outdated. There's little original content - a lazy rehash of Norse mythos only with more cheap stabs at ethnicities and religions Varg doesn't like set in a jumbo sized Not-Scandinavia, with rules just copied from early DnD but more hilariously contrived. He maybe used one playtester besides his own children. It's dogshit.
>>
>>30135018

>Varg
>Papyrus

So you could say that Varg was... Bongtrouseled?
>>
>>30132315
M1919 isn't an M60 which came about 20 years after. No reading comprehension or sense of how time works, you should be speyed.
>>
>>30135120
I have never seen a game that's so needlessly fucking complex and obtuse.

The worst part is that in his pitch video he introduced it with explaining the concept of a roleplaying game as if he's making babby's first RPG and his target audience is complete noobs, but you basically need to be an autistic accountant to keep the game rolling.

If he wasn't so amusingly crazy and out of touch, I'd say that I hated Varg.

>want free speech
>move to a country (France) where publishing and espousing racist opinions in public is punishable by a court of law
>throw a bitchfit when the inevitable happens
I mean what was he fucking expecting

>>30136764
Good reading comprehension, laddy.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.