[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: boobs-1[1].jpg (44 KB, 454x315) Image search: [Google]
boobs-1[1].jpg
44 KB, 454x315
Hi /k/.

So this is my first time posting and I was wondering if there was some sort of test for me to take to see what type of gun would best suit me, or just general recommendations. I'm not interested in buying one now, but I see myself buying one down the road. That being said, I don't know much about my state's gun laws (New York) or if there are any local gun laws on top of that as well. I'm interested in guns and have been to a shooting range before but my knowledge isn't that great, so I was hoping some of you would be willing to help. Thank you!
>>
No real test. But ask yourself what you like about firearms.

There are alot of aspects to firearms that are enjoyable. Just hone in on what drew you in, then find a firearm that suits those needs.

Or.. yknow, post more tits cause my wifes in the other room
>>
Unwritten rule is to never post a picture more interesting than your question, OP.

Ya dun goofed
>>
>>30121168
Buy a Ruger 10/22. If you like it upgrade to more long guns. If you buy a handgun in New York you're paying for more gun than you're getting, and you're going to get it confiscated at some point anyways.
>>
>>30121220
>>30121229

fuck, figured I'd reward early with tits and just as a polite gesture. I think I'm more on the handgun side of things and I like the concealed carry idea, I think it's a good one, but living in New York is strict on that type of stuff I think?
>>
>>30121168
>what type of gun would best suit me
go to a range, rent some different ones. Pay close attention to how the weapon feels in your hand, how the weight balances, and how you like the sights.

>New York
I'm so, so sorry.
>>
>>30121252
No, no! I appreciate them.

But in your state firearms laws are pretty rough for handguns I believe. Best to look them all up.

In the mean time, uhh, more tits doesnt hurt?
>>
>>30121237
>>30121255

The shit part is I don't even live Upstate New York, so it's not like it could be some sort of redneck rule bending type shit. The only good part is that I live about 15 minutes from a gun and outdoors store but being in New York still restricts me a lot
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>30121287

For you and everyone else's contributions
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_York

If you live in the city, you're never going to get a legal gun unless you are LEO/good friends with the judges. The rest of the state is more lenient, but still:
>must register pistols
>"may issue" ccw permits
>SAFE act (ie 'salt weapons ban)
>10 round mags
>no NFA items
the list goes on
>>
>>30121307
K. Yup. Gonna need sauce on that
>>
>>30121322
Good news and bad news.

Good News:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-47n4H6Wnk

Bad News: "Let's see how many losers will give this a thumbs down because they can't accept reality, or came here looking to see a topless woman and went away with just more frustration. Get a girlfriend.....and fuck you and the "gun community" jerkoffs."
>>
>>30121314
Luckily not in the city, but still not too sure on what constitutes as what. Thank you for the insight though
>>
>>30121340
:(
>>
>>30121168
Here's a standard line if questions to ask yourself:
> what purpose is this gun going to serve?
home defense, concealed carry, target practice, plinking, etc.
>What type of gun should you get
Answered mainly by the first question: smallish handgun for concealed carry, full size handgun for home defense or maybe a small shotgun, bigger rifle for target practice.
>What brand or model should you get?
This really just depends what your price range is like. Look up some reviews of good weapons/introductory weapons for whichever activity you want a gun for. Determine which one would best suit your needs and price point. There are lots of brand-name loyalty fags on here, it's best just to ignore anyone who tells you that one is absolutely the best and all the others are terrible.
>What else should you be concerned about?
Caliber size. Wooden stock or synthetic. Which laws apply.

If you haven't already, I would advise you to go to a gun range and rent several different models and caliber sizes to get a feel for what kind of recoil you're comfortable with. Try and go on two or three different occasions to make sure you're not just trying to decide on impulse. It'll be a little bit more expensive but gun purchases aren't cheap so it'll be worth it in the long run.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.