[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NY legal AR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1461425384315.jpg (47 KB, 604x423) Image search: [Google]
1461425384315.jpg
47 KB, 604x423
so I'm giving in and buying a rifle in this shithole of a state and was wondering if you /k/ommanders had any opinions on the various ways to get around using a pistol grip on the AR platform, ie FRS stock, versus say, an ARES SCR lower. The Ares looks pretty sweet, but its a little more pricier. Would it be worth it? Anyone know of any alternatives to the FRS? that shit is butt munching ugly.

pic not related
>>
Really, you might as well just get a mini14, they are fine rifles but just don't compare to ar15s in uncucked states.
But when you have bullshit like "no pistol grips allowed" you can't get any better than a mini14 because it was designed that way.
>>
>>30118143
I should also mention that I dont want a pencil barrel and also want to be able to accurately hit stuff at >200 yards
>>
>>30118246
Literal memes friend, don't fall for them.
>>
>>30118332
arent minis waaaay more expensive than ARs now? You dont happen to work for Ruger do you?
>>
>>30118352
No, I don't happen to work for Ruger, I actually do research and don't believe everything I read on /k/.
Mini14s run pretty cheap actually, about the same as a mid tier ar15.
and while yes the older minis did have shit accuracy, newer production minis have extremely good accuracy.
>>
>>30118402
im pretty set on the ar15 platform. But thanks, I'll look into it.
>>
>>30117913
I'm an NYer
if you want to not get the FRS stock then you have options such as the SCR lower you describe or a hammerhead stock however I'd recommend having a lawyer ready to help confirm that being legal in court in case someone tries to insist its not
>>
>>30118563
>hammerhead stock
thats pretty neat, but looks uncomfortable as fuck to hold but its pretty obviously not a pistol grip, why would people have trouble with it?
>>
File: ares-defense-scr-shipping-3.jpg (46 KB, 1581x371) Image search: [Google]
ares-defense-scr-shipping-3.jpg
46 KB, 1581x371
Could always look at an Ares SCR
>>
>>30118721
Can you just put any upper on those or do only certain ones fit?
>>
>>30118739
Any upper and any standard AR Bolt, but you need to use their custom carrier. Ares has a kit that comes with just the BCG, Lower, and Stock assembly.
>>
>>30118747
sweet!, do you know if you can use 7.62x39 mags on the lower?
>>
>>30118806
It should be able to use the AR style 7.62x39 mags no problem since the mag well and catch is the same.

As for the regular soviet AKM mags the relief cut in the AR upper is too small to accommodate those mags 99% of the time. PSA recently came out with a lower that does take AKM mags but upper compatibility is hit or miss, and usually miss. It's why the CMMG Mutant is based off the larger AR-10.
>>
>>30118143
I hate my mini. 200+ rounds in and I still can't get it to feed reliably. I've cleaned/lubed on 3 occasions, tried 5.56 and .223 (brass and steel cased) , 4 different factory mags (at laughably high prices here) but no matter what it always fails to extract after 10 rounds or so. SCR looks like a decent option without the pants on head retarded ny legal stock.
>>
>buy non-cucked AR lower in a different state
>go home and put it on AR
>disregard cuck laws

Fuck Cuomo and his lackies. Nobody should have ever complied with that legislation.
>>
>>30119361
>buy non-cucked AR lower in a different state

That's a great idea right up until you're FFL dealer checks your ID. Commit felonies at your own risk.
>>
>>30119361
you know you can buy stripped lowers right?
>>
>>30119864
Private sales bby
>>
>>30120087
Private sales to out of state individuals is still illegal. Again, commit felonies at your own risk.
>>
>>30120127
Are still illegal*
>>
>>30120127
>>30120140
no actually, its only illegal to possess the gun or keep it on your property within the borders of the state its illegal in.
>>
>>30120164
That's only if you can claim residency in the state.

>An unlicensed person who is not prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms may purchase a firearm from an out–of–State source, provided the transfer takes place through a Federal firearms licensee in his or her State of residence.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]
>>
>>30120205
true, I was not taking into consideration the purchase, just the ownership.
>>
File: neuter the SAFE Act.jpg (345 KB, 1193x1488) Image search: [Google]
neuter the SAFE Act.jpg
345 KB, 1193x1488
>>
>>30120247
Something interesting to consider is how the law currently fails (at least as far as I am aware) to take into account someone who lives in California visiting Arizona manufacturing their own firearm and thus coming into possession without any transfer taking place.

Normally you can buy long guns from out of state FFLs as long as the firearms themselves and the transaction itself is legal. In California it's illegal because every single transaction (key word there) has to be processed through DROS (CA DOJ BG check + mandatory registration) on top of NICS. DROS is why I will never buy a firearm from an FFL in California.

So let's say you own a Ghost Gunner or rent a CNC machine (with a location under your "dominion" per ATF's rulings) and proceed to make firearms that otherwise wouldn't be legal in your home state. Now in California for the moment I can still build all the guns I want to as long as they are legal to posses in Cali, but in states like NY and Hawaii it's completely illegal AFAIK to build your own firearms.

US firearms laws are already a cluster fuck before you get into the states, and with NFA it just gets even more ludicrous, especially when you try to take into account Alaska's (and other states) firearms freedom act where just about anything under DD regs (HEs and over 12.7mm) made in state and stamped "made in Alaska" is perfectly legal. Obviously the feds went "lol, no" but it's not like they can enforce it outside of the FFL network up there.
>>
>>30120405
Imagine polar bear hunting with a 20mm recoilless rifle.
>>
>>30120690
MAGA my friend.
>>
>>30119878
This

Don't be a cuck
>>
>>30120382
arent you precious.
>>
File: Neutered 2.0.jpg (411 KB, 1402x1488) Image search: [Google]
Neutered 2.0.jpg
411 KB, 1402x1488
>>30120382
I made some alterations.
>>
File: maglock.png (197 KB, 430x232) Image search: [Google]
maglock.png
197 KB, 430x232
There's some complacent fuddery going on in this thread. Free man living in the non-free state of ny with you OP. armaglock.com is your solution. Extra $50 and it makes you pseudo compliant with the law. I say pseudo compliant becuase this isn't a logical law with clear definitions, it is a murky coverall for liberals to get rid of scary evil black weapons. Carry a copy of the NYSP guide to the safe act and highlight the line about requiring the ability to accept a detachable magazine. Any state trooper north of kingston isn't going to care anyways but you are showing them you are trying to comply with the law. Which is really all they are looking for. All but NYC and albany county oppose the law and most sherriffs won't enforce it. But since they have the legal ability to use it against you, you should protect yourself at least a little. Pic related.

OP, you can purchase stripped lowers and build the gun however the fuck you want too btw. I will say that it is even more comforting to build from an 80% lower. Polymer80 makes pieces that don't take more than an afternoon with a drill press and dremel to go from non-firearm to childmurderingassultweapon.
>>
>>30118143
>uncucked
>ar15
pick one
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.