[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just enlisted in the Army, and tips about basic training from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4
Just enlisted in the Army, and tips about basic training from my /k/omrades?
>>
>>30113867
Basic will be fun, everything after that will be a mind-numbing, bureaucratic mess, steeped in a culture that combines the worst attributes of SJWs and rednecks. Get out while you still can.
>>
>>30113867
Don't be a bitch when you wash out, you were always destined to fail
>>
File: 1365639428605.jpg (120 KB, 838x627) Image search: [Google]
1365639428605.jpg
120 KB, 838x627
>>30113884
Holy shit this. Turn 360 degrees and MJ your way out of there OP.
>>
Hardest part for me was just staying awake.
>>
>>30113867
>>>/meg/ circlejerk.
>>
>>30113867
Don't look past your next meal. Don't be first and really don't be last. Expect to be punished for shit you can't control. Yes, it will get better. There is no master plan. Just get through everything and your unit will teach you the rest.
>>
>>30113923
>Turn 360 degrees
Pirouetting will get you nowhere, they repealed DADT.
>>
File: 200w.gif (2 MB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
2 MB, 200x100
>>30114028
>Pirouetting will get you nowhere
I got a good chuckle outta that
>>
>>30113867
Shut your fucking mouth and dont open it until you graduate.

"Oh hey man what did you do today "
"Lol boot camp stuff"
"Lol"

Shut your fucking cock holster, it will give you nothing but trouble.
>>
>>30113867
Don't ask don't tell.
>>
>>30113867
For basic, just remember: you either beat someone up, or be someone's bitch.
>>
Get a large army tattoo before you head to basic. The drill sergeants will know you're serious about joining so they'll go easier on you.
>>
>>30114075
I laughed like an idiot while typing it, glad I'm not the only one.
>>
Infantry OSUT wa the best and worst of times.

>parade rest whenever talking to an NCO no matter the circumstances
Yes, even if you are holding 3 rifles, unless you want to low crawl 100m.
>Have a battle buddy at all times, wherever you go.
Even if you're doing laundry, just have a fuckin battle buddy.
>Don't choke on calling at ease, just man up and do it
Drill SGTs might seem like scary monsters but they're just NCO's doing a job. Man up.
>Speak with confidence at all times
It ties in with the previous one.
>ALWAYS SHAVE, ALWAAAAAAAYS. AND DO A GOOD JOB
Or you'll be standing in the chowline screaming "I will always shave my face!" when you know you fucking shaved. But my Drill SGT did take note of the fact that I tried.
>Integrity is a must. ALWAYS fight for integrity of the group.
It will pay off in life in the moment and in the future. I will always stand up for what is right.
>Always have a notepad and pen.
Infact bring severa pairs of those 2 things to basic. Leave them in your shoulder pocket unless you are going through some mud and shit. In that case keep them dry in your assault bag or ruck sack.
>Always have your poncho in your asault bag or ruck sack
And offer to cover your battle buddies' shit. They'll cover you for something in the future.
>When you wake up PISS AND SHIT
At least try, because you will regret it if you don't.
>Don't offer to do anyone's laundry, and don't let anyone offer to do yours.
Worry about YOUR shit. Always maintain positive control of your fucking shit or you will regret it.
>Don't break any rules even if the drill SGTs aren't watching.
This will help you in the future and it will prevent any chance of you getting caught doing some naughty shit.
>Stay away from shitbags
You will know the shitbags, they will even be CALLED shitbags. Stay away from them as addicting as it is to befriend them.
>Never EVER accept an integrity violation
Some shitbag offered to let me make a phonecall because he stole mine out of the drill SGT office
>>
Which army
>>
>>30114348
This.

Get "Army Strong" written on a highly visible area so that your comrades and the drill instructors will know that you are highly motivated and an individual.

Thats what they look for in basic is motivated individuals who take leadership positions.

Also its important to get your head shaved with a design like an Army star on the side before going in

or maybe a buzzcut/shaved mohawk? Let yourself be known
>>
>>30113867
You are a woman, it will be super easy for you because they won't expect you to be even half as good as the men and if you actually succeed at something everyone will acft like that is some kind of historic achievement
>>
Study up on corporate sexual harassment policies. This will actually get you further along than anything else nowadays :(
>MFW we used to laugh about fucking up some dirty Arabs living room. yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
>>
study SJWism, sexual harassment, and how you can get away with totally being insubordinate and they cant do shit to you anymore

Also be a black woman
>>
>>30114197
I think you are confusing basic with highschool
>>
>>30114791
Actual advice
>>
>>30114791
>Leave them in your shoulder pocket unless you are going through some mud and shit
Why not just use one of those all-weather pads and pens?
>>
>>30115022
Because it doesn't matter how waterproof your shit is if it falls out.

Also because the shitty ones they give you free in basic aren't waterproof.
>>
I have had several close friends join infantry, none saw deployment

A third of their stories are fratbro-tier hijinks, a third are having fun at the range (especially with explosives, the only thing I am jelly of), and the rest are stories of how their superiors were total insufferable cockbags who forced them to do strenuous or tedious bullshit for kicks.
>>
>>30115022
They suck ass.

I'm an RTO in an infantry unit (Gonna be in Afghanistan in 5 days) and I don't use those shits anymore. Basically, the fucking price of both pen and paper compared to this is worthy of a WTF? Then you get it soaking wet or you crawl through a puddle, whip out your pad and you're either bleeding ink all over the place or you just can't even get ink to get on the page. Then a day later it dries all malformed and useless. I just keep 1 throwaway notepad in my shoulderpocket, one throaway notepad in my ankle pocket, and a nice one in my assault bag / ruck with some laminated notecards.

Tada.

Also, some more advice to continue from >>30114791 since the charatcer limit stopped me...

>Keep pens in shoulder pocket
Don't put them in the sleeve holders, they'll break and it will ruin your uniform. Don't believe me? It will happen to you and it WILL happen to your battle buddies.
>NEVER challenge an NCO
I got in trouble here a few days ago arguing with an NCO when I knew I was in the right and he in the wrong. It made me look bad. It ESPECIALLY makes you look bad in Basic.
>Eat everything on your plate
Eat the WHOLE apple. The core is the healthiest part. I'm just telling you before your Drill SGTs do.
>Bring wetwipes to the field
Let some people borrow them. They'll repay you when you need the help.
>Maintain your fucking FEET
Here's a little story...on our 12 mile ruck we hit the MOUT training course on the way back. It was the end of the 12 miles and we ended up spending a day shootign sim rounds at each other and learning basic battle drill 6. It was fucking fun. Then it started to rain so the 1SG told the Company we had to haul back to the barracks before the storm fucked us up. So my feet are waterlogged, SWOLLEN AS FUCK cuz I rested for a bit, and I'm carriyng a ruck and extra M4. By the time we get back to the barracks (a 3 mile RUN being chased by screaming drill SGTs and crying people due to chafe and sowllen feet
cont.
>>
>>30115121
I can feel the blood and cuts all over my left foot. I knew it was fucking bad. So we get all our shit off, clean it up, and our Drill SGTs gave us personal time until the end of the night besides mailtime which was always fun. Me nad this guy Spier both had the same injury on our foot, the pinky toe's skin had been rubbed off and blood and tissue was all fucked up. I ran to the shower and cleaned up ASAP and started powdering my foot with the foot powder they give you in basic and wore fresh socks every day. My feet were too swollen to fit my boots so I wore flip flops whenever we weren't going to chow (it was the end of OSUT so we had free time all the time) It started to feel good after a few days. The skin dried out and new skin formed. I healed up in like 2-3 weeks. Spier didn't give a fuck about his foot. He got the worst, puss filled, goo filled, disugsitng infection I had ever seen and he got sent to sick call constantly until it was treated. That shit was fucking horrible and could have cost him an army career from the start.
Moral is, take care of your feet!

>Never quit
My buddy Swick continued a run when his shoe fell off at a 1/2 mile of the 5 miles. He kept going and the drill SGTs honored him for it.
>Don't be vocal about any of the suck
Love the suck. The only vocal noices you should be should be involuntary grunts from straining and laughter at the suck.
>Take every part of training seriously, or else...
You'll get to your unit and find out you're deploying straighrt out of training and not feel ready. I feel ready as fuck!
>Don't steal, ever!
Yes someone stole your shit, but tell your Drill SGT about your situation. Some shitbag stole my PT Jacket, my drill SGT just drove me to the PX on Fort Benning and I bought a new one.
>Don't bitch
Don't bitch, epsecially at ranges! They wear Comtachs and MSA Sordins which pick up conversations from a long ass way away. They always listen to you! ALWAYS!.
>>
>>30114791
>>30115121
>>30115194
thanks dude, will keep in mind
>>
bamp
>>
>>30115194
You are wasting your time, she will never not be anything but the stereotypical waste of space that uses the pussy pass to get out of everything hard
>>
>>30115340
Wrong thread pal
>>
>>30115364
Its the truth, women have no place in the military, you will receive special attention to get you through and you won't actually be a benefit to the team
>>
>>30113867
You joined the Army instead of the Marines...you are going to have a cake walk.
>>
>>30114890
>Squad Bay full or 17-19 year olds...

Same thing.
>>
>>30115194
Oh, and my most golden advice...ever...

Unless you are getting ASU's or still in reception...

Don't wear underwear with your unifrom. Trust me, just trust me. If you chafe, it might not last that long. You can also use some Vaseline on them hot spots.

Seriously I stopped wearing underwear on my STX (preparation before FTX) and I haven't worn it a single day since in my entire army career.
>>
>>30115382
Where the fuck does it say op is a woman?!
>>
>>30115194
Hand sanitizer fixes everything

Especially bad feet
>>
>>30113867
Just do what you're told. It's fun as fuck
>>
>>30115432
Get in a fight though and your ass is grass, and their gonna mow it, regardless of who "wins"
>>
>>30113941
This tbqh. For the first couple weeks you'll have trouble staying awake during briefs and waiting for shit
>>
>>30114791
I never had to parade rest while holding a rifle. Maybe your DS's were just assholes
>>
>>30115512
It's just a part of how they taught drill and ceremony. No they weren't assholes, they were instilling discipline. There is a way to stand at parade rest with a rifle, and they taught it.

Anyway, MOS varies.
>>
>>30115512
The fuck?

I went through in 09 osut knox. We had a rifle the entire time since like fucking week 2. Weren't allowed to use slings unless chow, or litter carry. Had to stand at parade rest all the time with m4's, m16's are nicer though atleast the shit rests on the ground instead of holding the cocksucker all goddamn day and night.
>>
>>30114849
>>30115340
>>30115382

Where does OP state it's a girl?
>>
>>30115539
>>30115550
Sorry, I thought we were talking about at a range. At a range, we never parade rest but the rest of the time, yeah
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (2 MB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
2 MB, 350x249
>>30115550
>tfw got my M4 on day 0 of infantry OSUT
>tfw had 15 platoon dropouts and we had to carry all of their weapons
>tfw my platoon abandoned 6 M4's upstairs and it was me and my drill sgt left
>the look we gave each other as i started scooping them up was a general nod
>drill sgt face when he comes downstairs

>>30115576
They made us do it at the range too, surprisingly. I tried to do it at the range when I got to my unit and was told not to. I also put my PC on and was also instructed to take it off.
>>
>>30115462
why?? are you allowed dri fit compression shorts

>>30115475
you trolling or forr real? its going to burn like shit which is good but wouldnt betadine be the same
>>
>>30115684
No I literally don't wear any underwear. Yes you can wear the compression shorts, infact when you deploy you get compression shorts with ballistic inserts. I wear those sometimes.

Yeah, don't wear underwear you will see the difference.

Not that guy but yes alcohol will fix anything and keep you sanitized. It will also help you not get sick ASAP but you will get sick. Usually you get sick like week 2 then you go to the gas chamber week 3 and it clears up and you're fine again a few days after.

You can't just whip out betadine at basic, it's not allowed.
>>
>>30115551
>>30115464
Its heavily implied
>>
>>30114791
>Have a battle buddy at all times, wherever you go.
Even if you're doing laundry, just have a fuckin battle buddy.

What is so important about battle buddies anyway? Are they some magical protection against bad things happening?
>>
>>30115784
Yeah, against drill SGTs in basic.

It's a rule they come up with. For a variety of reaosns. Maybe you're on a land nav course (YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN A GROUP OF 4+) and you're the dipshit who gets lost, someone there is bound to know their shit and get you to a safe place.

Accountability. If you just walk off and do your thing and nobody knows, you're in deep shit and could have caused an array of problems. If a battle buddy knows and tells someone, word spreads to the drill SGT.

Your M4 / M16 must always be guarded. If you're taking a shit, your battle buddy guards your weapon and your kit, and you do the same for him.

Security. You got each other's back incase some shit happens. Who the fuck knows, maybe you start having a seizrue. He starts screaming for help.

It prevents you from making stupid choices. Ask a battle buddy, "Hey is this question stuipid?" if they say yes, you don't ask it to your Drill Sgt. If you think its worthy of asking, walk up with your battle buddy and ask the drill sgt.
>>
>>30115775
>Just enlisted in the Army, and tips about basic training from my /k/omrades?

please point out those implicatons
>>
>>30115775
>Two people (probably same fag) insult op by calling him a girl.
Does that mean he's a girl? Are you a literal retard.
>>
>>30115843

This is the second thread she made about joining because she is a scared little girl that knows she is in over her head

She doesn't yet realize it will be a cake walk because the current administration is letting women walk through with no effort though so these threads are dumb
>>
>>30115901
You're a troll, got it!
>>
>>30115901
your fucking retarded dude
>>
>>30115878
Being called a girl when you are a girl isn't an insult
>>
>>30115932
>>30115951
I'm right
>>
>>30113884
Most accurate description I've ever seen.
>>
>>30115551
Not him but read the posts, women have a way of typing that is easy to spot
>>
>>30113867
Always try to correct your superiors whenever you get the chance. It shows you're paying attention and trying to learn.
>>
>>30115982
>women have a way of typing that is easy to spot
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>30116001
Spend any amount of time looking over peoples papers, even without names or handwriting its obvious
>>
>>30113867
Hurry Up! Wait!

(Good Luck!)
>>
If you are doing something and your SGT offer to pick up your rifle for you, do not in any circumstance give it to him otherwise he will make you carry a stick around so you do not forget to never let someone take your weapon again
>>
>>30115462
Instead of underwear, wear your PT shorts under your uniform in basic. When it's time for PT, you're already dressed, and the shorts are way more comfortable than underwear.
>>
>>30113867
The military is never ending suffering dep doesn't hold you to shit if you're in it. Get out and go to fucking school and commission later if you really still want to serve or just life a happy normal life with literally 100% less bullshit than military life.
>>
Volunteer for everything!

Get noticed.

Be sure to address your DI by his first name and sir.

If the DIs give you a cool nickname, that means they like you, be sure to make a nickname for them and share it with them!

Be sure to get some really hard core moto tattoos like DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR and CAV SCOUTS HOOAH! etc.

If you do these things, you'll get double promoted before you leave boot basic.
>>
>>30117998

But what about the cool training and the deployments and the travel and the operating?
>>
>>30114791
Thanks man. This was the only intelligent response out of the whole thread
>>
>>30118070
Most of it doesn't apply to women though
>>
>>30117420
but battle buddy is allowed to hold your gun when you take a shit right?
>>
>>30113867
91F
>>
keep baby wipes from the px at all times in your cargos and locker (which you need to make damn sure you lock unless you want all your stuff all over the room and WTF painted in shaving cream in the killzone and latrine) because toilet paper can be scarce.
Also never ever EVER loan any issued gear to ANYBODY, if you get fucked up in a medical way or turn out to have a pre existing condition and get chaptered out you need that issued stuff to get out, if not your discharge will take longer AND it comes out of your pay. Also if your found to be missing gear and the DS finds out, well, pepper your angus.
Oh and you must have your CAC card on you and dog tags at all time unless sleeping, keep the CAC in your locker and dog tags in your PT shoes when doing so.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.