[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ do you guys know any good visual novels or novels in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Real fuckin NATO.png (469 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Real fuckin NATO.png
469 KB, 450x450
Hello /k/ do you guys know any good visual novels or novels in general about war, apocalypse or something like that im looking for some new reading material since im going on a long ass trip
>>
Shooter by Jack Coughlin
>>
>>30104502
Where do i find it
>>
Anything by Robert Heinlein. Starship Troopers in particular is good.

The movie sucked ass.
>>
>>30104479
Anything actually written by one Thomas Clancy. Where to find? Literally everywhere.
>>
File: B-17.jpg (387 KB, 4928x2920) Image search: [Google]
B-17.jpg
387 KB, 4928x2920
Bumping because I'm actually looking for similar stuff.

Anyway, OP I'd recommend two books.

Starships Troopers, which is not at all like the film, follows Rico through his training to become the future equivalent of a terminator if it was a US Marine, pretty nice battle chapters, and also includes a lot of "morality of war" and "path to leadership" type stuff. good read.

The second is Roald Dahl's autobiography, usually combined but can come in two parts "Boy" and "Going Solo", Boy being about his childhood , and Going solo about his adventures to africa with Shell, and eventually the African campaign as a Royal Air Force pilot, flying Hurricanes, also a good read.
>>
File: 2-flashman-and-the-tiger.jpg (42 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
2-flashman-and-the-tiger.jpg
42 KB, 306x475
>>30104479
download the Flashman Papers off amazon Kindle store, great read
>>
>>30104523
>>30104528
Is there a link on the internet too any of theese?
perferably free
>>
>>30104654
Amazon or the library.
>>
>>30104479
another one about post-apocylapse that is very good, A Canticle for Leibowitz.
>>
File: is this bait.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
is this bait.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>30104523
>The movie sucked ass.
>>
>>30104513
In a bookstore
>>
Stop being a bitch and go non fiction
A Lonely Kind of War: Forward Air Controller, Vietnam
The Good War
Operation Overflight: A Memoir of the U-2 Incident
Blind Man's Bluff: The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage
The Fall of France: The Nazi Invasion of 1940 (Lots of information but less of an interest holding narrative)
Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War

Not necassarily directly about war but still good.
We Seven: By the Astronauts Themselves
At the Edge of Space: The X-15 Flight Program
Kelly: More Than My Share of It All (He rambled a bit too much about his personal life but still interesting)
Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea

The list goes on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.