[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGs for Rent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 736x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 736x302
Hear me out and tell me the feasibility of this.

So there would be this business, and it would be set up like a giant fucking range complete with classrooms and shoothouses and various fields and environments for shooting and practicing and events.

The range/business would own tons of various machineguns and DD's. You pay a monthly or annual fee to "rent" your weapon of choice and keep in a special personal locker at the range/armory.

This way you can have and practice with really cool shit and own your own machinegun without the bullshit involved. You can actually practice with grenades.... Machineguns.... get professional training.

Good idea? Or is there some unforeseen issue with this concept?
>>
This could also be international since many places allow rentals and shooting ranges but not private ownership.

You could have a global phenomena of people getting into actual guns and weaponry and military training but not have the political costs of people saying "muh chillins"

There would be some sort of security obviously but inside the business the weapon is yours to use.
>>
>>30102355
It would legally have to be your locker under your control.

Feasibility wise, such a compound (being legally run) is simply not fiscally sound.
>>
>>30102355
>Good idea? Or is there some unforeseen issue with this concept?

How is it going to be able to generate the necessary revenue to maintain its massive infrastructure?
>>
>>30102383
Rental fees and usage fees for the compound and your locker.

Also classes and training will cost money, as will targets and any gear sold inside.
>>
>customer drops $56,000 MG
>range makes no profit for the month
>>
>>30102393
The rental fees would be so high that customers in your price bracket would just buy the MGs straight out.
>>
thinnly veiled gun-control thread?
>>
>>30102395
It wouldn't cost $56,000

You can get a Colt M4A1 for like $1,300 friend

i am not talking about pre-86 Civilian legal MG's
>>
>>30102398
>wanting people to be able to use and partially own post-86 machineguns in some capacity

>gun control

>>30102396
What? Do you have any idea how expensive pre-86 MGs are? And you CANT EVEN OWN a post-86 modern MG anyways.

I dont think it would be that much.
>>
>>30102400
How exactly do you plan to get post ban MGs? Dealer samples are one offs (well, theroy wise)
>>
>>30102393
>Rental fees and usage fees for the compound and your locker.

So you're going to be extremely overpriced?
>>
>>30102413
Business is a manufacturer. also LE sales.
>>
>>30102406
See
>>30102413
>>
>>30102413
>Dealer samples are one offs (well, theroy wise)

Well, he would have to get Law Letters, of which two rifles can be purchased.

Or, he could get an 07, and then he could built full autos, but then there is more overhead.
>>
>>30102420
Your business would have to be manufacturing and LE sales then, not a theme park. Thats how dogs get shot.
>>
>>30102418
I cant imagine it would cost that much.

It wouldn't be that much. There are tons of private ranges around. Big ones. Who make money off training classes and ammo alone.
>>
>>30102428
Then you haven't imagined hard enough yet.
>>
>>30102355
It sounds like a much more complicated version of existing mg rental companies that already do tourism in Nevada and also work with LEO and goverment personel to get them trained. Its actually one of the few legal reasons to GET post 86s by being some training facility or dealer for LEO.
>>
>>30102424
You can't build full autos except for police and military use and practice or to advertise to police and military.
>>
Rentals are nothing new. Vegas has a huge tourist area just for it. http://www.battlefieldvegas.com

You would need to be in a high traffic area where Normie's would be your cash cow.

Having people "own" their own would be interesting. Manufacturing your own would be easiest, bur I don't think there's a real lae that says you can only have ONE mg per model/manufacturer, that limit is company policy at Colt/fn ect.

Feasibly I would think your client would have to pay 100% of the mg price, it would still legally belong to the company, but it would be permanently reserved for the client.
>>
>>30102504
Maybe he's planning on laying out a holding fee for the client on a particular date and he can pay with his membership a monthly fee to have it permanently reserved. Something like that
>>
>>30102482
Except you're wrong.

An 07/02 can build whatever the hell they want, for whatever reason they want.
>>
>>30102504
The problem isn't the viability of certain aspects of the business, it's combining a bunch of different markets into one.

Obviously the full auto rental has a lot of potential, but trying to stack too many business ideas on top of one another is just going to build a house of cards.

There's no law about how many you can have, but to get factory FAs, you have to get a Law letter, and you can only order two per law letter. So unless you know the CLEO personally, good luck basing an entire business on it.
>>
>>30102355
or Or OR.. you could just have a range with a modest selection of MGs to choose from.

Also good lucking insuring a place that lets random fumbling retards use live grenades that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
>>
>>30102355
1. That's incredibly dangerous and one fuck up means someone's dead
2. You can just have machine guns stored in random fucking lockers. The ATF would Waco your place so fast you wouldn't have time to let your dog out for them to shoot
3. You could never charge enough to make up for the maintenance and liability insurance
4. People are going to put hundreds of thousands of rounds through your guns if they can shoot all they want for a year. Every single gun you had would be worn out in 6 months
>>
>>30102437
As much as Michelangelo is a total faggot, I agree with him here
>>
>>30102418
>>30102393
>>30102383

Don't forget how expensive ammo costs can run up when you've got a fun button.

You make it so they can only fire ammo purchased at your business, you mark down the ammo, you transfer the loss in rev from the ammo to the rental and usage fees, and at the end of the day anyone who wants to "rent an MG long term" would be required to take a class on the proper maintenance of that system ($$) You could charge a cleaning fee or make them clean the rifles ($) not to mention you could book speakers and have huge competitions, host clubs, I think its a great idea, especially if you could get it set up right outside of Las Vegas, then you'd see tons of business from thrill seeking tourists, many of them internationals who may never have another chance to fire a real gun, let alone an MG42.

I imagine insurance prices would be through the roof but there's still waivers for that.

I think the scale you're looking at is too large.

Outside of a few inventors and software companies, most seeking the American dream of owning your own business, the ones I've seen do it right, started very small and expanded as it made sense.
>>
>>30102672
lowers can last a long time
especially if you weld reinforcements to them
>>
>>30102749
Again, so you are creating a system in which you're going to have to over charge the customers, of which are part of a small niche group of people in the first place.

So you're going to setup a place where you can permanently "rent" a full auto outside of Vegas, where there are already many ranges who have an established presence, huge customer following, and appeal to a base of Tourists, of which are mainly traveling Asians.

Because it bears repeating, you're wanting to appeal to a niche group of people who are tourists, but also want to travel, train, and "own" their own machine gun.

>Outside of a few inventors and software companies, most seeking the American dream of owning your own business, the ones I've seen do it right, started very small and expanded as it made sense.

Starting small is typically key, as is being fluid in a quickly changing market place.

Another important aspect is to make sure that your business is answering the demands of he marketplace, and not just creating it's own problems.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.