[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oi /K/omrades, never really got into the hype around stalker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: stalker.jpg (394 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
394 KB, 1000x500
Oi /K/omrades, never really got into the hype around stalker but thought I would give it a try. So I ask which Stalker game should I start with?
>>
>>30097029

the first?
>>
Is it heavily story driven? Or are some games better then others?
>>
>>30097034

also OP is a fag
>>
>>30097029

OP is a faggot why is my post gone
>>
File: i am a fag.jpg (66 KB, 625x414) Image search: [Google]
i am a fag.jpg
66 KB, 625x414
>accepts fagdom
Now continuing...
>>
>>30097044
No and yes, clear sky
>>
File: 1461807042926.gif (120 KB, 365x507) Image search: [Google]
1461807042926.gif
120 KB, 365x507
>>30097029
I would heavily recommend Call of Pripyat with Arsenal Overhaul, best stalker with the best mod is a great start, comrade. Being comfy around a campfire with a mosin while listening to your fellow stalkers play music on their guitars and harmonicas is glorious.
>>
File: stalker cd.png (72 KB, 1098x735) Image search: [Google]
stalker cd.png
72 KB, 1098x735
>>30097224
Awesome, will do thanks for the response!
>>
whenever people discuss stalker they're referring to stalker SoC, the first game

the others are only mildly memorable and don't really have the impact
>>
Is that mostly because most fags lost interest and moved onto another topic?
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>30097029
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
File: 1462260601558s.jpg (8 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1462260601558s.jpg
8 KB, 244x250
>>30097282
Honestly someone was making a thread EVERY morning and STALKER is more of a weekly kind of thing in my opinion. Still pretty /k/ related but not really engaging enough for a large amount of people to be on the same level as the gear queer, ak general, or ar general threads that are active daily.
>>
>>30097029
Go in chronological order of their releases.

It's the best way of playing. if you jump into Clear Sky or CoP you won't understand shit all that's going on.
>>
I suggest looking up the Complete 2009 and Gearpack mods, they're designed to work together and do a bit of rebalancing as far as weapon damage, and add in some new weapons and calibers.

Love sniping some sukis with my scoped M16A2.

Word of advice, don't give up. The beginning is absolutely brutal but the game really opens up after you get to the point where the world opens up, you get some actually decent equipment and can chose your path and missions.

Though to be honest if you want to experience the game to its fullest you need to have one eye on the wiki because the game never explains anything but basic concepts of how to use your map and quest log and leaves you to figure the rest out.

Play vanilla first, then decide if you want some mods, I'm new to modding this game so I can't be much help there.
>>
>>30101960
And now I feel like a pleb for not knowing about the super modpack.

I wonder if it's at all compatible with what I've been doing, I'd hate to lose my drum magazine thompson.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.