[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mini 14/30&AR 15/10 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: rcccanetteandkatebench-1.jpg (981 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
rcccanetteandkatebench-1.jpg
981 KB, 1632x1224
I like the Ruger aesthetics and the fact that everyone says they are more reliable than Stoners system.
>>
>>30095412
yeah cool story tell me about rifle in your picture instead.
>>
File: bernie rally.jpg (9 KB, 231x250) Image search: [Google]
bernie rally.jpg
9 KB, 231x250
>>30095412

Do you know what pisses me off? Guys who have beards and wear camo everywhere but get winded climbing stairs and don't even change their own oil.
>>
>>30095412
Your grandpa looks like a right cunt m8
>>
>everyone
>hanging exclusively around fudds

Fudds must be hanged.
>>
>>30095412
Two things.

1) Mini-14/30 is gas piston, right? Should be more reliable than DI. But for what it's worth, I saw a torture test video comparing the AR and the mini after being covered in fine grit dirt, and the AR did a lot better. Reliability in the face of 1000s of rounds is one thing, when DI systems foul up the action after a while. Reliability in the face of external environmental conditions is another. Personally, I clean my rifles after every few hundred rounds or so, and thus I'm more concerned with reliability relative to the environment.

2) Guy laying down in this picture is wearing Altras, good tier running shoes.
>>
>>30095695
Its not even a gas piston

From wat nutnfancy said its like a gas jet

They changed stoners system
>>
>>30095731
>believing anything nutnfancy says
>>
>>30095768
Nutnfancy is ok he's just autistic.

I've found ARs to be more reliable. As >>30095695 said there's a difference in testing reliability against external elements and the inherent reliability of the system to run without being cleaned for extensive periods of time. And even then Mini-14s are not all that reliable. They're not even as reliable as M14s/M1As which also are not usually as reliable as a factory built AR from a good company. It's easy to point to crappy parts kit guns of all sorts and label all guns of that type crap.

If you buy a BCM upper and throw it on whatever shitty lower you want to I guarantee you it will be more reliable than a Mini-14
>>
File: 1461472853392.jpg (28 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
1461472853392.jpg
28 KB, 448x336
>>30095768
>>
>>30095461
Sounds to me like you're in the wrong place if that's what you're trying to avoid.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.