[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
found this knife at a gun show today. really kinda liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
found this knife at a gun show today. really kinda liked it. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with "world class blades"? the model I'm looking at is the Spartan OTF Black Death edition.
>>
OTFs are fun but are the least functional and weakest knives.

That Spartan looks like shit tough.
>>
Reading about one of their products on their website raised a red flag for me. I'd avoid it and try to find reviews online via YouTube or dedicated knife forums.
>>
>>30094770

Microtech has the monopoly on good OTFs these days.

Lighting is also good and cheap. The perfect entry level OTF.
>>
>>30094770
like what kind of red flags?
>>
>>30094726

How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking?
>>
>>30094869
I haven't bough it yet. dud at the show was wanting about $100
>>
>Spartan OTF Black Death edition
cringe
>>
>>30094927
yeah I know, the name is horrific.
>>
>>30094751
This is literally the opposite of truth. OTFs not only have the strongest locks, sans balisongs, but are the safest as well.
>>
>>30096097
Look at this faggot and laugh at him. Look at him and laugh
>>
>>30096197
I wish summer would go away. Maybe you can't afford an OTF but try and find a flaw in a lock that cannot close on your hands.
>>
>>30094726
Lol thats a microtech clone under a different name.you can order the exact same one for 20 to 40 bucks.
>>
>>30094726
That thing looks really unwieldy and not useful for literally anything.
>>
>>30096294
>blade play in every direction
>not as reliable in deployment
>lock not as strong as lock back
>hurr hurr proprietary hardware, the special bit to disassemble is $25, and voids the warranty to do so, despite needing to clean the knife

Naw, go fuck yourself. Had an ultra tech, was a piece of shit knife. Glad I sold it off and got myself something I can actually trust my life with
>>
>>30096097
>OTFs not only have the strongest locks, sans balisongs

Are you retarded?
>>
Where can I get a fake infidel?

I want to play around with one, but I really don't want to spend 400$ on a knife.
>>
>>30097584
dhgate
>>
>>30097594
>dhgate
They don't look that bad. I know that the fake Spydercos that they sell here are more or less 1:1, is the same thing true of the infidel clones?
>>
>>30094726
Looks carnival grade, like you buy it for 20 bucks next to the tilt-a-whirl
>>
>>30097639
Ive bought a few bm clones and theyre a good 90-95% accurate. Usually quality is about the same. You wont get the overpriced meme steels but desu china has great stainless. They stole it from the us thats why we recently implimented tarriffs while theyre under investigation. I was checking out scarab otfs and they look pretty decent.
>>
>>30097255
Trusting your life to a knife over a gun is your first mistake summer.
>>
>>30098036
Goteeeem.
>>
>>30098036
>You can cut, carve, skin, featherstick, baton, gut, process and harvest with a gun

Let me know how cleaning hogs works with your ebin OTF tanto dagger
>>
>>30098153
This is a discussion of weapons, not tools. Skinning a hog with a pocket folder is borderline autistic.
>>
>>30100228
Says you, I clean deer with my folders all the time, and see a lot of people do it. Nothing wrong with that at all.
>>
>>30094726
OTF are impractical as hell. Next time get your hands on an OTF knife. Wiggle the blade after you extended it, and see how much play it has. It should make it painfully clear how not worthwhile these things are to you.
>>
>>30100228
>This is a discussion of weapons, not tools.

Weapons are tools of war, fuckwad. Knives are tools, and knives are /k/, get fucked
>>
>>30100228
Haha wow, surprised to see this thread's still up, and more importantly, you're still fucking retarded.

>This is a discussion of weapons, not tools.
I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about knives. And autistic switchblade toys for wannabe assassins at that :^)
>>
>>30096097
>OTFs not only have the strongest locks

Can't tell if serious....
>>
>>30094726
Uhh... microtech spartan grinds look nothing like that, anon.
>>
>>30100228
>This is a discussion of weapons

In that case, this thread belongs on /toy/.
>>
>>30100252
If you don't see whats wrong with that even Jesus can't save you
>>30100259
Yeah AKs wobble too guess they're garbage
>>30100261
Certified Autistic
>>
>>30094726
Toowoomba?
>>
>>30096294
It's pretty much universally known that the Tri-ad and Axis-lock are the strongest as they include a crosspin to transfer stress to the frame of the knife during use rather than into the locking mechanism.

OTF knives are cool and the lock is more than fitting for their intended use as a pocket knife. But they are not even close to the top of the list in strength or safety.

Do not pretend to know what you're talking about when you so obviously do not.

>>30094900

That's a really good price for a Spartan. They usually run $200+ new. Make sure it's not a knockoff or something.
>>
>>30100881
This.

Yall cowards don't even smoke crack.
>>
>>30100935
You're an idiot.
>>
>>30100960
>>
>>30100972
Just posting a picture doesn't seem to fall into your pyramid of faggotry. A pariah unto yourself, anon. That's deep.
>>
File: Now comes the part.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
Now comes the part.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>30096097
>OTFs have the strongest locks
>>
>>30100889
pray tell, oh wise and faggot ass anon, why is dressing deer with a folder "autistic"?
>>
>>30100889
>If you don't see whats wrong with that even Jesus can't save you

You do know that the whole fad of locking folding knives started for the purpose of processing your game with said folding knives, right? Just because it took off into a bunch of different directions and other fads doesn't change the fact that they were originally meant to serve as hunting knives
>>
>>30100889
>Yeah AKs wobble too guess they're garbage

Confirmed noguns and no knives
>>
>>30100972
if you are clearly an idiot, what was he supposed to say?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.