[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best state for a gunlovin' yuropoor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: 1461691385592.jpg (121 KB, 784x820) Image search: [Google]
1461691385592.jpg
121 KB, 784x820
I have a GC and I've already lived in US for 8 years (San Francisco). I'm currently living in my home country, but I'd like to return to the US and this time in a state where people won't trouble you over gun ownership. What's the best state for the likes of me, if I'd also like work in my field (CS jobs)? I don't care too much about the salary this time around. Bonus points for full-autos, even though I'm not sure if permanent residents can own those (pre 1986 etc etc).
>>
>>30089546
GA is pretty based, and with a serious amount of tech companies in and around metro atlanta you might end up with a kush job. Cost of living is stupid cheap compared to someplace as hyperinflated as San Fran, so you'll feel like a king.
>>
>>30089569

Looked into that just now, looks like PR:s can carry too which is neat. And the cost of living is indeed much cheaper than in SF.
>>
>>30089546

Off the top of my head any state but CA, NY, MA, CT, MD, and NJ should be fine, give or take a few restrictions. You can check the guide on the NRA website for state specifics.
>>
>>30089546
OOOOOKKLLLAAAAAHOOOOMA

Where your dollar stretches extra far

Also We're better than Texas AND you don't have to go through the embarrassment of saying you live in Kansas.
>>
File: 14t7s09y.jpg (11 KB, 240x193) Image search: [Google]
14t7s09y.jpg
11 KB, 240x193
>>30089785

Some of the states prohibit PR:s from carrying so I'd like one that allows just that + a gun-friendly state, preferably in urban environments too

>>30089795

Can't carry if you're not a US citizen.
>>
>>30089546
Utah has a booming tech sector and there's a very high probability that someone there can speak whatever your native language is if it's not English
>>
File: e4nj7vvd.png (43 KB, 652x521) Image search: [Google]
e4nj7vvd.png
43 KB, 652x521
>>30089937

I very much doubt that. Is my bad English that obvious? Shit.

As for Utah and CCW laws, PRs can apparently carry too. Noice.
>>
>>30089546
Sorry you had to be in SF bro, its not real 'murica
they just drove the last gun store in the city out of business
>>
>>30089882
Not him but your English is pretty great. Much better than most American posters. What is your home country, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>30090128

Sweden. I know that most Swedes would probably head to MN but getting away from liberal cucks is what I'm trying to do.
>>
go to arizona
>>
>>30090169
does that mean you're a black muslim ?

not sure the rednecks like your kind
>>
We don't anymore euro faggot transplants

Stay where you are and live in misery
>>
>>30090295

White and blond.

>>30090304

That's sorry to hear, even though I'm anything but that. I just want a place to live in where I can shoot guns in a somewhat conservative environment.
>>
>>30090354
Montana is full, unfortunately. Maybe Colorado will take you?
>>
>>30089882

GC holder here. I concealed carry with a permit in Washington and other states that have reciprocity agreement with us.

Did Oklahoma law explicitly state no carry for non citizens?
>>
>>30090445

Yes. Some states allow it, some do not.
>>
>>30090465

Kinda weird. But if you need to carry and be near tech stuff with decent gun laws, come to Washington!

Our outdoorsy stuff is awesome. We even have imitation German town, Leavenworth.
>>
Midwest/Southwest would be pretty good overall. St. Louis is pretty cheap cost of living, good job market, urban/suburban/rural areas fairly close together, traffic isn't shit like bigger cities. MO is trying to finally go constitutional carry, and PR can get a permit. Not sure about KC as I don't spend much time there, but probably fairly similar overall.
>>
File: KC.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
KC.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>30090650
KC is like, 8 or 9 in top US Cities Homicide per capita

So yeah.
we got some guns
>>
>>30090650
Missouri is great, I live here. Only safe areas in St. Louis are South County, Jeffco, and west on I70. Never been to KC so I can't comment on it. Columbia is a liberal hot spot because of Mizzou. Still not that bad of a city and Midway is located there.

We are actively working on getting rid of any and all gun restrictions.
>>
>>30090061
>Utah
this could be one of the best possible options
>>
North Ga bro. aslong as you find yourself a place in between mtns you can walk out your door unload and nobody will bother you.
>>
>>30091246
If you're a Mormon.
>>
>>30089546
Arizona
>>
>>30091159
KC is legit. lower crime than st louis.
>>
>>30089546

come on down to Ky, we'll get ya sorted out

>jobs

lol never mind, see you later
>>
Pretty sure in pennsylvania allows GC holders and non-residents (if they have a hunting licence) to buy and carry.

Delaware is the same, but getting a CC permit in delaware requires 5 non-family references and you have to publish your wish to CC in a newspaper. Once you do that, it's shall issue in practice (even though the law says 'may issue.'

In either state, you have to worry about crossing over into MD or NJ or NY while carrying. No reciprocation from them.
>>
>>30091899

**not non-residents, but non-immigrants
>>
File: image.png (935 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
935 KB, 1334x750
>>30089546
Visited Utah for the first time, not the shit hole I was expecting. Based fun state, far more culturally diverse than I expected, great weather and blue skies for days. My personal cons were the morality laws pertaining to alcohol and cannabis and finding a non Mormon qt was a bit of trouble. Many 05/10 and 06/10's
>>
>>30090061
No, your English is fantastic but a lot of Mormons go live overseas for a few years to be missionaries. They pick up the language over there too.

So chances are, if you've ever seen Mormon missionaries in your country you'll find someone in Utah who can speak your language
>>
File: wat.png (462 KB, 661x607) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
462 KB, 661x607
>>30089546
Filthy noguns yuropoor here.
Texas is practically a seismic exclusion zone and muh lone star.
Otherwise if you hate the lifegiving sun, its rays and want an excuse to pack anything upwards of a .44 all the time because of bears Alaska would be up your alley.
Kentuckey allows full autos but technically you can get them in some other states too i.e. you just need a tax stamp like with a suppressor.
>>
PA is pretty good.
>>
>>30092619
No way that guy is slaying any pussy with that retarded profile pic.
>>
>>30092645
He's the best.
>>
>>30089795
>better than texas
LOL
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.