[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSA Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: web_pic_1_1.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
web_pic_1_1.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
Ok I am shit and new to building ARs

Have a stripped lower and am really thinking about just buying a full kit from PSA this weekend if for the convenience if notthing else.

I know from lurking the cancer that is /arg/ is that PSA you really have to be picky with them because some of their stuff is shit.

What should i be looking for in this sale?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/memorial-day-sale/memorial-day-ar-15-rifle-kits-uppers.html
>>
>>30087550

just anything other than ptac

you'll end up buying building another AR in the future anyway
>>
>>30087550
1 step up from PTAC is usually good.

However, their current sale isn't abnormally excellent. If you're really anal about getting a top notch deal, you might wait until the 4th of July. I follow them religiously, since I just spent 6 months seeing how cheap I could build a PA-10 ($800, btw).

Hmmm... Looks like they've added about 20 items to the sale... brb....
>>
>>30087558
>you'll end up buying building another AR in the future anyway

The only reason I am getting off my ass for one now is that i know trump will lose and take the senate down with him.

Are stainless barrels bad or good? I cant find any chromed barrels there. What about the other barrel coatings. Melonite etc
>>
File: DSC00470.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
DSC00470.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>no semiauto raifu fag here
Hmmm do I save up my money while I wait till the end of July for aero to send my .308 upper or do I just buy/build another rifle in the meantime?....
Decisions decisions..
What do you guys think I should do? I definitely want something in 5.56 and ideally I want that thing to be a scar 16s, but it's alot of money. Should I save up and just not go shooting all of June and most of July?
Or should I start on a cheaper rifle?
>im going all out on this ar10 I'm building
>>
>>30087714
>If you're really anal about getting a top notch deal,

Not a poorfag so its not that big of a deal.

Just raised that if you can get the same thing for less money you should do it.

Is this plus a Lower part kit a bad idea?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-midlength-5-56-nato-1-7-moe-dissipator-blk-with-bcg-and-charging-handle.html

To be fair i like the look of the end of barrel sight.
>>
>>30087757
budget stainless which is what you are looking at is mediocre. its perfectly adequate for the price you are paying.
melonite has the capability to be good and sounds great on paper but tends to be only on cheapshit poorfag barrels.
melonite is still better than the nothing that is chromoly.
psa chromelined barrels are the premium or chf.
chf is cold hammer forged and is better than the premium.
>>
>>30087938
Thanks.

The instant i searched CHF instead of just "chrome" they popped up
>>
>>30087767
>That filename
Hi koko.
>>
>>30087550
I got a PSA build kit but also bought the parts I new I wanted to upgrade.

stripped lower ($60)
pistol build kit from psa ($370)
magpul pistol grip and trigger guard ($40)
UTG rail ($100)
Old red dot I had laying around ($0)

Whatever, it rattles a bit but seems accurate and I like it. My identity probably won't get stolen through psa?
>>
File: Koko_the_gentle_negress.jpg (56 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
Koko_the_gentle_negress.jpg
56 KB, 600x371
>>30088192
sup
>>
>>30087714
I'm drooling over that PA10 kit... is it worth it? Please say something to stop me from buying it right now.
>>
>>30087806
not a real dissi though, it uses a mid length gas system. Whats the point if your not going to use a rifle system like intended.

Its not bad because another 100 gets you a lower kit if you have a tripped lower laying around so like 470, but del ton has real dissi kits in stock, you'll have to buy moe handguards though.
>>
File: 1396450246863.jpg (142 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1396450246863.jpg
142 KB, 300x300
>tfw want to get an ar 15 but dont know enough to build my own and want to buy one before the shillary fear drives prices up

if i were to buy a kit or pre built, what are the better ones to look into for $700-$1000?
>>
>>30087558
I often hear ptac is bad, but have yet to hear why? Does it break? Shit accuracy? Why?
>>
>>30088754

building from parts will get you a better rifle than you can buy prebuilt for the same money, and once you have the tools you can build more.

you can buy a set of punches off of eBay with all the sizes you need and get an AR wrench too for like $30 total, at that point all you need is a hammer and maybe some other common tools, and you can build your AR on your kitchen table.
>>
>>30088813
its not really the putting it together part im worried about, ive always enjoyed things like that
its tracking down every little part and wondering if im buying something that is decent or total shit that worries me
>>
>>30088871
You can get a full upper and save yourself some time. As long as the BCG and barrel are of good quality you should be okay.
>>
>>30088813
if you are trying to get one to resell after shillary any factory gun holds its value way better than a franken build
even if you are comparing a carbon 15 vs an anderson/bcm
>>
>>30087550
Just bought the freedom rifle kit with the 16" melonite barrel, 11" ff keymod stock, and magpul lower parts. Payed $420 (blazeit) for it the night the sales started and it shipped out today, should be here Thursday. Im mating it to a stripped Anderson lower and some magpul BUIS as a beater since im also working on a gucci build right now as well.
>>
>>30087550
I built a psa ar15 for 500 total and it's great

I'm 18 how can I obtain a lower for a pa10
>>
>>30088871
This is why I don't have an AR. I can't dis the rifle, because they are great, but the market seems like a royal pain in the ass. Too many parts made by too many shit manufacturers to have to sift through.
>>
>>30089422

No, rifle is fine. You're getting caught up in the autism.
>>
Would this barrel be ok for first time blaster build? Not looking to get dank groups out of it or anything, but its not like its going to rust to shit or blow up in my face will it?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-phosphate-barrel-m4-ext.html
>>
>>30089468
its not going to blow up in your face it will rust but its not a huge deal cause corrosive .223/5.56 doesnt exist
its only going to rust if you leave it in shit conditions unoiled for long periods of time
for that budget its fine
>>
>>30089422
>i hate choice and having to do my own homework!
Are you going to breakdown mentally when you buy a car?
>>
>>30089124
I'm 18 had had my dad buy me a stripped lower for my AR. Family is a good way to do it, or friends. Maybe work colleagues or possibly teachers if you're close enough. Really anyone. Also it's not a straw sale because you're not a prohibited person, you're just young.
>>
Anybody have some deals on 20ga ammo, ar500 plates/PCs, cheap Red Dots or .223 ammo in general?
>>
>>30088560
Fucked any Czech sloots recently?
>>
Since this thread came up for searching /arg/ I'll ask here. What would be better for a general purpose rifle, the SSA or SSA-E
>>
>>30087806
I just bought what you linked there last night.

I know it isn't a real dissi, but it does have a longer sight radius than a regular mid-length system and the handguard extends farther out which means you have more options on how to hold it. I already have an extra lower stock and rear sight, and just wanted something cheap to finish it with (this is my second/backup rifle) that already came with everything I needed. It also has a chrome lined barrel, and its one of the cheaper kits they have with that.
>>
>>30092257
I haven't actually made a purchase yet, so read whatever follows wih a grain of salt. That said, being in the same boat as you, I was going to pick up the SSA for my correct build. I figured (through research) that the SSA-E would be a little too sensitive for general purpose stuff (carbine courses, hunting in the brush, etc) and/or any conceivable benefits over the SSA would only really shine during more relaxed precision shooting.

Again, that's all imo though.
>>
I'm just buying shit up for November. Bet you if she wins, I can pair a completed upper and parts kit with an 80% lower and get $1500 for it. GHOST GUN
>>
>>30093010
If you bought the lowers with anything other than cash, an 80% lower wouldn't save you from a gungrab.
>>
actually interested in doing the same, thread is helpful. thanks

anyone have input on lower part kits? I hear "polished triggers" are better... but then I see trigger packs.
>>
>>30093126
i think he meant resale value, not to avoid "lists"
>>
>>30088673
Rifle gas dissy are extremely ammunition sensitive and unreliable with a 16 inch barrel. You could hog open the gas port on the barrel even more to force it to be reliable but you are putting extra wear on the load bearing parts.
>>
>>30093243
Yeah I got that, I guess I didn't make that clear in my response though.

What I was getting at is that for the person he sells it too, if done through cash, it would be a "ghost gun," and therefore more valuable to a certain type of person, but if we ever go completely over the edge to the point doors are getting bashed down and guns are being collected by force, he's gonna get a little visit from Hillary's army if he didn't buy the lower with cash himself. If we got to that point I don't know how well "I sold it" would go if you couldn't/wouldn't give them the person you sold it to and ultimately recover it.

>>30093273
Are you saying for it's better to have a carbine length tube with a 16"? I'm not being a dick here, just honestly asking because I don't know.
>>
File: edward-snowden.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
edward-snowden.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>30093126
>he doesn't buy shit off the internet with vanilla visas loaded with cash and sends parts to discrete addresses.
>>
File: cant_find_the_palmetto_version.png (180 KB, 680x1483) Image search: [Google]
cant_find_the_palmetto_version.png
180 KB, 680x1483
I'm a huge fk'ing noob. Okay, so...

16" mid-length upper barreled assembly ($250)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-a2-profile-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

lower assembly ($140)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-classic-edition-no-magazine.html

bolt carrier group ($80)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/freedom-5-56mm-tested-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-mp-507608.html

charging handle ($25)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15-m16-charging-handle.html

(subtotal: $495)

All of these just plop together into a complete AR-15, right? Am I missing anything??

Oh, and what should I do about the lack of rear sight? I want irons.
>>
>>30092972
Makes sense to me, anon. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>30093300

The industry adjusted gas port size and increased buffer weight to compensate for slightly overgassed 16" carbines.

Mid length gas is optimal for 16 inch barrels though.
>>
>>30093304
Mfw not buying each different part at an alternating different library and burner smartphone
>>
>>30093345
Perfect, thanks. I bought parts for 2 ARs, one with a 20" barrel and a rifle length gas system and I just ordered a cheap mid length 16" one from palmetto today so that's good to hear.
>>
>>30093310 (Me)
Uh nevermind, forget everything I said (can't delete old post). From what I understand, grab "rifle kit" + stripped lower; cheaper and just needs some assembly...
>>
>>30088813
The way assembing ar's is getting downgraded, the next guy is gonna say you can put one together while sitting in a pile of leaves , using sticks for punches and a rock for putting the barrel on the upper. :-D
>>
File: IMG_20140911_130353.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140911_130353.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>30093273
>Rifle gas dissy are extremely ammunition sensitive and unreliable with a 16 inch barrel.
Almost a thousand rounds through mine, no problems what so ever
All I've shot is fiocchi, s&b and american eagle

>You could hog open the gas port on the barrel even more to force it to be reliable but you are putting extra wear on the load bearing part
Why would it put "extra wear on the load bearing parts" when opening the gas port takes you back to a stock rifle's gas pressure?
Sounds more to me like you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>30094995
Rifle length dissipators have too short of a dwell time.

Your rifle length dissapator is overgassed to force short term reliability and your gas port diameter is probably +.100.

It runs fine now but long term reliability will suffer.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.