[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinions thread Carrying a rifle or shotgun at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1459831525812.jpg (34 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1459831525812.jpg
34 KB, 500x366
Unpopular opinions thread

Carrying a rifle or shotgun at the low ready is exactly like carrying your pistol out of its holster and should be treated the same way.
>>
What if your sling is broken and you're trying to go home to fix it?
>>
>>30082145

That's the standard carrying position around the woods, combat or a "live/dry fire scenarios", so...yeah, guess you're right.

I agreee, OP. Why is this an unpopular opinion, again?
>>
>>30082152
Valid, I should specify, I mean if you obviously are intentionally carrying/have it slung like you're on a patrol, not sure where the line is but you'd know it when you saw it
>>
>>30082145
How is this unpopular?
>>
>>30082165
Because open carry retards go around carrying their rifles at the low ready, and then go "I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA, AM I BEING DETAINED!!??!?!?" when cops stop them for it.
>>
>>30082165
There's a ton of people I've met that just say "slung is slung". My main point I guess would be your hand shouldn't be on the grip unless you intend to fire, I think that's the line.
>>
>>30082145
I agree
No hands should be on the grip
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 804x603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 804x603
>>30082183

Yeah, kinda like local national in pic, but even then, in basic any time we weren't "on the move " we slung our rifles over our backs, not the most tactical way to holster a rifle but being its so I tactical it projects a of non-offensive stance.

Normal low/upper ready put you every other step in a "fighters stance", hence an offensive stance.
>>
>>30082292

> Like local nation as in both hands on top of rifle IF slung in front being proper.
>>
>>30082145
>Carrying a rifle or shotgun at the low ready is exactly like carrying your pistol out of its holster and should be treated the same way.

I'm pretty sure this is the consensus /k/-fag opinion.
>>
.32 ACP is a pretty good self defense round.
>>
>>30082181
That's because open carry has been co-opted by idiotic mall ninja "sovereign citizens".
>>
>>30082181
You're right that low ready is like carrying a pistol in hand, but neither should be cause for cops to stop people.

I would never do either in daily life, but the cops can fuck right off.
>>
>>30083076
This.

Cops walk around with their patrol rifles or shotguns all the time in low ready.

fuck double standards lmao

cuck civilians
>>
>OP hates open carriers
>makes a broad statement about carrying guns in general even though he's never hunted or hiked with his guns

Shove your vague passive aggressivness up your ass
>>
>>30082145
Well think about it from this angle.

In the military, when you're just marching somewhere, you have you're rifle at the low ready. You're sidearm(if you actually have one) is in its holster.

It takes a lot more time to ready a rifle that is on your back than it takes to un-holster a sidearm.

Obviously there are retards that just go around almost brandishing their rifles, but if you open carry a rifle, IMO, it should be at the low ready or some form close to it.

Just my 2 cents.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.