[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychological Warfare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 237x213
Petition for the US to design more badass combat uniforms. Post all terrifying uniforms and armor from any time period here.
>>
>>30075037
is posting thumbnails part of the psych warfare, or are you just retarded?
>>
File: 1463874777648.jpg (65 KB, 494x849) Image search: [Google]
1463874777648.jpg
65 KB, 494x849
>tfw there will never be a good killzone game
i wished that series didn't get caught up in the stupid Halo vs Everything console wars of the 200X years.
>>
>>30075054
Wtf that image? Isnt it gay to make a guy suck your dick?
>>
>>30075037
>Psychological Warfare
This shit should be an autoban from /k/
There has never been a worthwhile discussion on psychological warfare on /k/, just edgelord warcrime fantasy generals.
>>
>>30075082
Not to savages like Arabs, Pashtuns, most Africans and slavs. I think some spics operate on this principle, but I can't confirm
To them only the the receiver is gay
>>
File: christine-goggles-350pxl-flat.jpg (36 KB, 350x235) Image search: [Google]
christine-goggles-350pxl-flat.jpg
36 KB, 350x235
>>30075037
Shitpost somewhere else.
>>
>>30075100
I'm willing to try.

I admit I don't recall the exact source, but I heard this story during a psych course (psyfag here).

During the Korean War the PLA managed to get some prisoners. No big surprise, POWs happen in all wars.

At any rate the Chinese decided to try to win hearts and minds among the POWs. To do so meant winning them over to Communism.

To this end they started taking POWs and had them write pro-communist leaflets over and over. The leaflets were later spread around as general psyop stuff. But most importantly, it got the POWs writing communist propaganda in and out all day.

Later, they encouraged the more commie-sympathetic people to start forming groups to TALK about communism and how the leaflets could be improved and what aspects of communism could be played up. Prisoners were rewarded for good suggestions with extra food, etc. Bad suggestions were unpunished (to not make the POWs feel worse about the PLA).

Ultimately this group became more and more communist.

At the end of the war, some opted to remain with the PRC. The chinese regarded this as a propaganda win.
>>
File: lehound.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lehound.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>spoopy
>>
>>30075054
>orange tip
0/10 fake and gay, stop posting this
>>
>>30075037
why waste money on that psych bullshit and not on bigger bombs.
>>
File: at least im not.jpg (53 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
at least im not.jpg
53 KB, 500x453
>>30076799
>Guy hates being called the hound
>wears dog helmet
>>
>>30076960
>"In rye art if warfare, it is necessary sometimes to win a war using more than just your weapons. To ensure a full complete victory, one must also use another form of warfare, a war against the mind. To accomplish this, one might use propaganda, fear, and even deception. Without these two forms combined, you are merely using a childs form of play. It is not war until all levels of indecency are used."

That's why.
>>
>>30077203
yeah, naw, bigger bombs.
>>
>>30075054
>Confusing Jin-Roh with Killzone
I can't believe this, Anon. You disappoint me.
>>
Psychological "Warfare" has always been a part of war. It's something that's subtle and is always active, always relevant. Every party involved is capable of influencing the behavior of the other without directly using their weapons. Psychological warfare tends to be additive and its effects are best seen longitudinally. Just consider Operation Earnest Voice and the other operations like it that the U.S. does every day to build footing and influence, crafting a thought out image to display to others.
>>
Horrible idea, especially with most of our deployments being occupation more so than blitzkrieg.
If you're just gonna blitzkrieg and pull out, do scary as fuck uniforms, but for occupying you need to make them like you.
>>
>>30075054
>Killzone
The Hellghast armor is almost a carbon copy of Jin-Roh's Pazer police armor.

Still.I think Killzone got caught up in the 'Our Hardware is much better' aspect of the console wars than anything. Sony needed a game exclusive to the PS3 to show off graphics, Killzone took the bullet.
>>
If we wanted to terrify the enemy into submission, we'd have to step down to their level and then some. Instead of just beheading people, why not just pile up the heads and make them hood ornaments for tanks n stuff.

Armor isn't terrifying unless it's stopping bullets completely, without fail, and is technically infinite. Tanks are terryfying to soldiers who have no means to counter them. Armor on soldiers would be the same I think.
>>
>>30079758
As the console wars rage, I'm over here in PC land, the equivalent of Switzerland, enjoying my superior hardware, better variety and greater utility while I laugh at console plebs defending their machines.

Really, I don't get it. Console gaming used to be good.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.