[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody know anything about A5s? There's a mid-20s mfr 30"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: a5.jpg (144 KB, 640x698) Image search: [Google]
a5.jpg
144 KB, 640x698
Anybody know anything about A5s? There's a mid-20s mfr 30" solid rib barrel (might even be matte) ~90% with the rounded pistol grip and reddish-stock (KBB says these are worth a premium). Is $450 decent?

Pic related.
>>
File: bump1.jpg (36 KB, 480x706) Image search: [Google]
bump1.jpg
36 KB, 480x706
bump 1/2
>>
File: 1429676923702.jpg (37 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
1429676923702.jpg
37 KB, 445x600
They're still great shotguns to this day. For $450 I'd go for it. I paid that for my '48 Auto-5.
>>
>>30071777

That's what I was thinking. The pictures aren't clear, but even a standard full rib barrel a5 90% is worth at least $575 according to KBB (and in my experience KBB underestimates everything to some degree). Plus the rounded pistol grip and reddish stock combo are supposed to add up to 35% for the more desirable versions (which this isn't, but still).

And I can use my C&R...

>nice trips faggot
>>
>>30071691
I would trust a blue book value over anything anyone on /k/ has to say. Provided it is actually a rare model of course.

Unfortunately I mostly only know about shooting Auto 5's not buying them, but 450 is a reasonable price for an antique A5 in decent condition. Based on the picture, that gun is in somewhat less than decent condition, so I would try to contact the seller and find out some more information on whether it has those rare features or not.
>>
>>30071691
I have the exact shotgun you described. It's been handed down to me from a great, great uncle that bought it new. I'd pay $450 for one in a heartbeat. Never had a jam or FTF but it's heavier than an elephants dick.
>>
>>30071817

It's almost 100 years old, seller does mention gouges on the stock. Says bore is excellent. Those are the close-ups, looks overall very decent. Like I said it does have the reddish stock and rounded pistol grip. It is gunbroker, but this guy has a 98% rating with tons of volume and it looks like he's 90% C&R.

I wasn't really in the market for an auto 5 yet but it looks really nice and undervalued.
>>
>>30071691
Based on prices of A5's at the last Houston Gun Collectors' Association show, $450 sounds reasonable for what is in the picture. I assume it's fully functional and there isn't pitting. Make sure that isn't rust pitting on the barrel near the stock.

I think the seller should have pictures with the forearm removed so you can see the barrel clearly.

They are magnificent guns, and I love the long-recoil action.
>>
>>30071691
For an actual A-5 A-5, yes $450 is a good price. If it's a Model 11 or whatever the Savage one was called, they're worth less, about $2-400.
>>
>>30074066
Nearly all the A5's I saw at the show were $600+, even the ratty ones. A good thing about it not being pristine is that you can actually enjoy shooting it. (I assume you know not to use steel shot).
>>
A5 prices strike me as surprisingly good these days. A lot of fine old guns seem overpriced (i.e. Model 12's). The A5 currently seems like one of the better deals among sweet, all-steel, finely crafted golden-age repeating shotguns.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.