[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cash-in-transit (CIT, CVIT)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: cash-in-transit-jobs.jpg (44 KB, 512x395) Image search: [Google]
cash-in-transit-jobs.jpg
44 KB, 512x395
ITT: we talk of cash-in-transit (CIT) or cash/valuables-in-transit (CVIT) people, activity, equipment, weapons (of course), but also armoured cars, security vans, and everything fitted for such purpose.

### Anecdotes and stories are welcome ###
>>
File: revolver.jpg (166 KB, 2550x1589) Image search: [Google]
revolver.jpg
166 KB, 2550x1589
>>30068084
I'll start with something simple.

>Be me
>ATM
>CIT van arrives
>two dudes come out of it
>they are both 35-45ish
>they look sturdy and bulky, but beer belly
>both of them have revolver by their side

Now, I am no gun expert and I am well aware of the versatility and stopping power of revolvers (pic related?).

However, I am a bit surprised these dudes were not carrying a 9 mm semi-auto or something police-tier. I guess they are allowed to carry what they prefer... but I really don't know. I expected semi-autos.
>>
Either this is not a topic of interest
or it is a topic of interest but nobody knows jack shit about it.

There used to be security guards thread though. They were pretty based.
>>
Is it true most company's policy is to not shoot back and just give up their money? I don't understand why someone would be willing to die protecting some else's money, especially when they aren't paid well.
>>
>>30068125
Completely depends on the laws and the company. For example, I used to work for a high profile security agency in the Tampa area that was contracted to provide armed security for housing projects. In the state of FL at the time (2011), state statute only allowed for licensed security to carry .38 special, 9mm, or 12 gauge, and 9mm had only been approved for a couple of years at that point. You could carry a dedicated .38, or a .357 loaded with .38, but that was what the law stipulated.

The company I worked for issued XD 9mm 4" models, but there was a list of approved firearms. Some guys still carried wheel guns.

In order for something else to be approved, the security company had to request approval from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and specify a specific need to have a waiver. For example, Hillsborough County courthouse security had a waiver for Glock 22's due to HCSO carrying Glock 22's. The company I worked for had a waiver for AR15's for the Anti-Terrorism Officers who guarded the TECO plant and other infrastructure sites.

So yeah, some states have really wonky fucking laws.
>>
File: 1433982635526.jpg (25 KB, 429x447) Image search: [Google]
1433982635526.jpg
25 KB, 429x447
>waiting in a parking lot after I got dropped off by a taxi near a tgi fridays
>see armored truck come by and people hop out and go into the restaurant
>mfw their glocks have no mags in them
>>
>>30068336
I wanted to ask the same question.
>>
>>30068417
Considering I was in Australia, it all makes sense.
I suppose Australian CIT mates cannot even carry their weapon at home. Supposedly they have to drop it at the office in some locked closet.

>>30068425
What?
>>
so, how would you rip one off, /k/?
I think heat had the right idea, but doing it with a fucking truck is a bad idea.
Just flip it with enough boom boom
>>
>>30068491
Ah yea theres your problem. Lol
>>
I've been trying to buy a CIT car for a while now, but dunno where to start.
>>
>>30068579
I am aware in the country of freedom you don't have to state a purpose. But just between me and you: what plans do you have for that car?
>>
>>30068336
>>30068468

Loomis employee here. Yeah, you pretty much give up the money. A few weeks back there was two or three guys that attacked a messenger doing an ATM in Houston. One was armed with an AK. Shots were exchanged and the messenger ran out the back. They made off with the money.
>>
>>30068579
Not really IT, but does anybody have those infographics on the US president's car?
>>
>>30068605
My father used to be a bank employee in Italy.
Italy has a very low murder rate, but high crimes on properties. Let's put it this way: we dagos care for lives but not for the shit you own.

>1980s
>Armed robbery at the bank during some CIT transaction going on.
>Everyone's scared (sub machineguns etc.).
>Security guard is outside the bank (at the entrance)
>He tries to do something. I don't really know what, but basically the criminals shot him dead on the way out
>They leave with the cash

But the background story is that such security guard was notorious for having followed more than one criminal in the past, and shot them in the back. He was also a notorious asshole all things considered and took a specific pleasure in acting beyond the boundaries of duty (i.e. doing his own investigations and shit).

So the general theory is that they were going to take him down no matter what because all the criminal community hated this guy. So the umpteenth armed robbery was the perfect chance to take a couple of shots at this guy.
>>
>>30068668
>But the background story is that such security guard was notorious for having followed more than one criminal in the past, and shot them in the back. He was also a notorious asshole all things considered and took a specific pleasure in acting beyond the boundaries of duty (i.e. doing his own investigations and shit).

I feel like specifying I am not defending the criminal actions. I am just trying to explain why he might have been a target in first place, regardless of the robbery. I am trying to explain how they disliked his vigilante attitude so much they made an effort to take him down even if this raised the stakes in case of capture (murder is worse than robbery).
>>
>>30068125
colorado and a few other states only allow armed security to carry .38 revolvers
>>
File: plant-security.jpg (281 KB, 768x338) Image search: [Google]
plant-security.jpg
281 KB, 768x338
Do armored car guys ever carry rifles?
>>
>>30068518
Most important thing is to know when they are loaded with money. You don't want to hit one once it has already done its drops.
>>
>>30068491
>What?

They're carrying unloaded guns
>>
>>30068603
My brother owns an ATM business, and I sometimes help him out. Plus, lots of dispensaries in my area, and I want to see if I could snag some delivery jobs from them.

The ford ranger is the cheapest and most discrete CIT car out there, but online, nobody wants to put out their actual price.
>>
>>30068863
Sometimes. I work for Dunbar Armored and we only carry handguns, but I hear out in Arizona they sometimes keep an AR in the truck.
>>
>>30068084
I got stopped by the Ohio State Patrol on my way home from Fort Bragg to Michigan. Charged with speeding. I had to pay on the spot or go to jail.

Ohio sucks.
>>
>>30068863
Brinks in Nova Scotia are known to have pump action shotguns, but you rarely ever see them. I've only seen it once when they had to do some sort of car to car transfer where the backed the trucks up and threw money between the vehicles with a small gap between the backs. They had one guy standing on each side of the truck with a shotgun. This happened late at night I think like midnight?

Also Brinks here carries Smith & Wesson M&P 40s. They went up to the 40s from the 9mms.
>>
>>30068084
Saffer here. The things get hit all the time here. I once walked into the local supermarket as they were unloading cash and i noticed one of the guards had a very short barreled folding stock R4 (galil clone) strapped to his leg.

Other guns i have seen these guys using are
>Full size R4 (almost always)
>Cx4 carbine (once)
>Glawks
>Lime green cerakoted glock
>Vektor pistols (Beretta 92 clones)
>Once i even saw two guys carrying shrouded hammer .38 special revolvers on their hips (they did look like a smaller local security outfit and not one of the big cash in transit companies)
>>
>>30068336
Not sure. But i have seen cellphone footage of a gunfight between cash in transit guys and robbers armed with aks

Just for context I'm south african, this isn't that unusual here
>>
>>30069235
>pay on the spot
That's a thing up north? Sounds like your paying off a mob solider.
>>
>>30069769
It was legit. I couldn't access the ATM so I wrote a personal check. The patrolman seized my license. When the check cleared the courts
(official stamps on the back to confirm), the officer mailed my license back to me.

He didn't have to do that. He could have tossed me in the tank. I figure he cut me slack since I was active duty army.
>>
File: 1444082012489.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444082012489.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>30070153
You're saying you go to jail for speeding? I don't really understand that. Would you then be charged with a crime? They can't just lock you up for a few hours for no proper reason. How fast were you going?

What a fucking shithole. How much was the fine? Basically extortion, and you never know if the dude is just pocketing your dough if you paid it in cash.
>>
>>30070249
Yes. You will go to jail. Any excess of the speed limit. I wasn't flying down the road. Probably 10 over. That's Ohio. Pay or stay.
>>
>>30070153
>>30069769
Fuck me I thought I only had to deal with that shit while in Italy.

>how the fuck are you supposed to drive home then without a license?
>>
>>30069235
>>30069769
>>30070153
>>30070249
>>30070296
This is a bullshit story
>>
>>30070321
Little girl, I wish it was. I could have saved $230.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.