[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3x .308 AR scope with vision correction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Vortex Spitfire Prism.jpg (6 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
Vortex Spitfire Prism.jpg
6 KB, 294x171
Wouldn't mind getting an ACOG or Aimpoint, but alas, they don't have vision correction, which makes them useless for me. What's a good 3x-4x scope comparable to ACOG with a similar form factor and durability, that a .308 won't shatter? (added bonus, .308 ballistic reticle, or, even better, mildot).

So far, found pic related (Vortex Spitfire Prism) - is it any good?
>>
>>30065498
What is vision correction?
>>
>>30065498
>.308 AR
>only 3x magnification

Y?
>>
>>30065498
Are you asking if they make a prescription scope?
>>
I'm rocking an mtac on my SCAR-17 and its holding like a trooper.
>>
>>30065542
exotic :(
>>
>>30065680
Not really.

Most scopes have +/- adjustments, but red dots and reflex sights rarely, if ever, do.
>>
>>30065652
distance limiting terrain, intended usage pattern, fast target acquisition, Bindon aiming.
>>
File: 2016-05-25 20.49.55.jpg (2 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-25 20.49.55.jpg
2 MB, 1885x1060
>>30065498
I don't have any real complaints with my 3x Spitfire.
For the price I'm pretty happy with it. The glass is certainly better than I expected.
>>
>>30065498
You won't really find much like an ACOG with vision correction. Prism reticules like that are pretty rare as it is. What really sucks is that if you don't have perfect vision, then one side of the scope will be blurry. I'm near sighted, so without my glasses, the right windage comes out blurry as shit.
>>
>>30066543
>if you don't have perfect vision, then one side of the scope will be blurry
Actually, that's ACOG's design feature. Here: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_ACOG.php
>I'm near sighted
the opposite, big time. Without correction, I won't see shit.
>>
>>30066530
That's 9mm, though. Spitfire looks like it's designed for 5.56, I wonder how it'll fare with .308.
>>
>>30065498
Is anybody here acquainted with primary arms's offering in the fixed power prism scope market? http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-5x-prism-scope-with-patented-223556-545x39-308-acss-reticle/p/pac5x/
>>
>>30067151
seconding this. I need an upgrade as the cheapo nikon p223 has been taking semi auto 308 for a year now and I dont trust it.
>>
>>30067151
Here's my reasoning against it:

First of all, 5x is a bit too much for what I want - but YMMV.

Second, I detest the "ballistic" reticles - they're just a guideline in any case. There'll be tons of differently loaded rounds for each caliber, and "very accurate" reticle becomes a hindrance rather than help because it's too crowded, especially if you want to acquire fast. I'd prefer a simple mildot - but these guys don't offer it.

I'll let those who actually have it speak about its benefits.
>>
i dont know of any quality low fixed powers with what you seek. you can get a leupold 3x20 or 4x33 and buy a CDS if you want accurate long range capability. but youll need a rangefinder because they dont offer ranging reticles with those optics.
>>
>>30065498
You need glasses anyway if you need a diopter adjustment. If you can't see the target without using your scope, you're not going to know where to shoot.
>>
You can have custom mafr diopter and astigmatism corrective lebses made that go over thr ocular.

But they are insanely expensive and not rugged. ( They are made for olympic competition style slow fire 22lr)
>>
>>30068384
>accurate long range capability
Don't need one. My targets will be at 300 yards or closer.
>>
>>30065692
Wonder if Burris AR-536 Tactical Kit (5x scope, 4MOA red dot) is good enough.

AR-332 looks like OP wants, but it's kinda a waste of available range for .308.
>>
>>30069863
Leupold HAMR with red dot on top does the same thing, if you can afford it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.