[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minishells vs 2 3/4 for HD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: minish2.jpg (42 KB, 928x660) Image search: [Google]
minish2.jpg
42 KB, 928x660
What do you guys think of minishells for home defense vs 2 3/4 or 3"? Less power, but greater capacity.

Worth the trade for the distance you'll typically be engaging a threat at?
>>
>>30064270
>Worth the trade for the distance you'll typically be engaging a threat at?
I think it's very worth it. I'm more worried about over-penetration by far than not killing someone with buckshot.
The extra capacity is nice too, but it's not the main reason I'd worry about using full sized shotshells vs minis.
>>
>>30064278
Do you know about any feeding issues they might have? I've never used them, but it seems like a potential problem.

Using a cheap 870 clone.
>>
>is it worth it

Not for the price.

Double ought is fine.
>>
>>30064270
rather have 5 shots i know will cycle and be lethal than 9 shots that arent reliable
>>30064318
they kinda work but not really 870 design isnt that short shell friendly

if they work in your gun good for you
>>
>>30064318
>Do you know about any feeding issues they might have?
Not really, because I use a magfed shotgun and they wouldn't help me.
I just use low velocity buckshot in 2 3/4in.
>>
Too many feeding issues for me to trust them in a life or death situation.
>>
Thanks for the advice /k/omrades
>>
I live in an old farmhouse, intrigued by these shells, never shot them before, seems like it would also minimize hearing damage, but how do they feed? Anyone used them with a Remington 870?
>>
>>30064626
>minimize hearing damage
Not at all.
>>
you guys are dumb just use birdshot. no over penetration and will basically vaporize a bad guy.
>>
>>30064688
>>
>>30064688
>hurr durr, someone asked a question about something I disagree with
>must be dumb
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>30064373
>>30064429

You guys know from personal experience? You used them before? What brand? In what shotgun? Or are you talking out of your fuckin ass.

I've used aguila mini buck before in an 870. Just rack that bitch with authority. They work even better in most mossbergs according to the 3 other people who I know have used them in theirs.
>>
>>30064688
Memeshot won't even reliably penetrate denim.
Dick Cheney shot a man in the face.

>unless you're just pretending to be retarded
>>
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...
This is a thing? Does anyone know the legality of this up here in Canada?
We have mag laws that specifically state that the limit is
>what it was designed for
over
>what it is capable of

So does using these work around Canadian mag limits?
>>
>>30065143
aguila mini slugs hawk 982
you could make em run but if you pumped it halfassedly it it would jam
seemed like there was 1 specific way to pump it and any variation would fuck it
by halfassedly i mean if i did the same pumping action with 2 3/4 it would work.
was more forgiving in the 500 but you could still make it jam if you tried

only had 3 boxes though

just buy a few boxes and try it if it works it work if it doesnt well thats life
>>
File: Best shotgun in the world.jpg (54 KB, 660x389) Image search: [Google]
Best shotgun in the world.jpg
54 KB, 660x389
>>30064270

I think they're great!
>>
>>30065173
>Dick Cheney shot a man in the face.
With birdshot.
>>
Personally I prefer #4 buck. I think the reason 00 is so popular is because it's a jack of all trades and can be good for many defensive/offensive applications, not to mention deer hunting at max 50 yards. However #4B will easily reach an attacker's vital organs within a range of 25 feet and the high pellet count is nice. The 3 inch variety has 41 pellets
>>
>>30064318
jams seem to be the number one complaint with this ammo. sometimes you have a shotgun that runs them fine though. i couldnt trust my life to this ammo, just IMO
>>
My KSG feeds them just fine. As with any other shell in that thing you have to pump it like you would a hooker, but they work.

I use buckshot and get 12 rounds per tube, so 25 total since the KSG is drop safe. The slugs are longer and I get only 10 per tube.
>>
>>30065173
At 40 yards. If it had been 7 yards, Whittington would have had a 2 inch entry wound and no exit wound. He would have been dead before he finished falling over.

Btw, one pellet from Cheney's shot penetrated close enough to the heart to cause a heart attack 2 days late.

Inside of 10 yards, birdshot will do just fine.
>>
>>30064270
So cute
>>
>>30064429
My HD is a single shot, so no feeding issues for me. With the extra capacity, and lack of feeding issues I'll have, these shells are perfect!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.