[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shooting gloves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: images(4).jpg (13 KB, 493x298) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
13 KB, 493x298
What's /k/'s opinion of these? Inb4 gay; spent whole weekend innawoods blasting through over a
1000 rounds of ammo. By then end i was just leading singulars into the chamber as my thumb was red raw.
>>
>>30050718
For pussies.
>>
I wear shooting gloves while trap shooting (It's marketed specifically for shotguns). Makes shooting slightly easier on the hand, but the the biggest benefit is that I don't have to worry about hot barrels.

I don't wear them when shooting hand guns or rifles though.
>>
Gloves are for protecting your knuckles against injury when punching, slash accidents (cutting things), and severe heat/cold

Only really useful if you're going to be shooting when it's cold outside or if you plan on manipulating gun parts when it's still hot [example, changing barrel out of a M249]

Otherwise, you use gloves for other reasons, not for holding a fucking gun [example: fast roping], you pussy
>>
>>30050718
>By then end i was just leading singulars into the chamber as my thumb was red raw.

Nice work damaging the extractor dumbass.
>>
>>30050718
You don't really need them unless you're on the gun in my opinion.
>>
>>30050738
Enjoy your scuffed up hands when you're climbing over walls/crawling in dirt
>>
>>30050718
Definitely nice for innawoods or inna anything else. Though I wouldn't spend anymore than a pair of Mechanix you can pick up at the autoparts store.
I use mine (normally only the left hand) the most if i'm gonna be putting a lot of rounds through my AK because fuck searing metal.
No shame in protecting your most valuable appendages, OP.
>>
I actually shoot all of my guns, including the vintage blued ones, so sometimes I wear gloves to prevent skin oils and sweat from getting onto the finish and corroding it.
>>
>>30050864
My hands are toughened from work. I'm not a softhanded Nancyboy.
>>
Gloves are important for tactical shit, but for casual shooting I rarely wear mine. I like outdoor research ironsights. If maintaining dexterity is #1, pig FDT gloves are the way to go. Very comfortable, and you keep manipulation. But they do wear out after about 10 months of daily use. The makers say it's a consequence of the design, and that they're consumable items
>>
>>30050908
I clean my guns after every use or wipe them down after handling... I'm old school... my son on the other is a fan of gloves always trying new ones also trying to come up with his own.. I just don't get it...
>>
>>30050864
>Not already having calluses on your hands

You sound like a homosexual, who has never worked with his hands before!
>>
>>30050718
I wear gloves for other reasons (dirt, cold). But then if I'm going to practice shooting, I'm going to practice with the equipment I'm likely to be wearing.
>>
If you wear gloves make sure they match your purse, you woman
>>
Surgical gloves are the only ones that give me the manual dexterity I need
>>
File: 1444262940543.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444262940543.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>30050718
>leading singulars

As in loading ammo like >>30050843?

Get pic, it is a lifesaver if you ever do high volume shooting or ever take a class
>>
>>30050718
Mechanix are breddy gud. They go for $11 on amazon
>>
>>30052177
>operating
>>
>>30051173
>>30050934
>my entire hand is a callous
Get the fuck out here you NEETs. Men who work where wear gloves when appropriate for a reason.
>>
>>30050718
tl;dr

Good to have, not absolutely necessary.
>>
>>30052296
>wear
ftfme
>>
>>30050718
I wish my friend with sweaty palms would buy a pair. No way hes touching my guns until then.
>>
>>30050718
I've never understood the stigma against gloves when shooting. Firearms involve handling moving parts, rough edges, hot surfaces, exposed lead, and messy carbon. Mechanics wear gloves when working on cars for basically the exact same reasons. Plus they can provide good grip. Only reason I see not to is to practice how you carry for self defense.
>>
>>30052453
>not wearing gloves everywhere
>>
>>30052453
It's because gloves, like ear and eye pro and the 4 rules, are only for pussies.
>>
File: 427720 (1).jpg (207 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
427720 (1).jpg
207 KB, 880x660
>>30050718
>>
>>30050718
its useful for shit with a lot of recoil, it helps when i shoot +p .45. other than that they kind of get in the way, especially when filling mags up. i keep a pair around though.
>>
I once took a criminal justice course with a former DOD agent as my professor. He shot competitively for the DOD in his spare time against other organizations in intra-governmental pistol matches. Namely against the Marshals, FBI, Secret Service, and occasionally there would be an NCIS representative at these matches. Anyways, he would put thousands of rounds through his pistol every few weeks. He replaced barrels and parts at least every other month because he used them so damn much. But he never thought about how much damage he did to his hands. He did this for decades, and never once wore shooting gloves. He wound up needing 2 major surgeries in his right hand and wrist to correct numerous bone spurs, semi-healed microfractures, and a seriously deformed and fucked up tendon.

Moral of the story: if you're burning through a shitload of handgun ammo on a regular basis, gloves are a smart idea. If you go through maybe a box or two a month, forget about it. What I am saying is that there is a place for shooting gloves.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.