[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to pick up a revolver to play around in Stock Service
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 641466_ts.jpg (64 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
641466_ts.jpg
64 KB, 1155x1155
I'd like to pick up a revolver to play around in Stock Service Revolver. I've owned some in the past (LCR, j-frame) but never a full-size revolver. I'd like something with a 3-4" barrel, 357.

From low to high here are the pistols I'm considering

>EAA Windicator
>Rossi 357
>GP100 Wiley Clapp
>S&W 586

The EAA and Rossi are super cheap which makes me think they're junk. The S&W is more than I would really like to spend on a purchase like this, which makes me lean heavily towards the GP100. Any pro-tips on finding a full size revolver would be appreciated.
>>
I vote 586
>>
>>30042254
ruger security six nigger
>>
>>30042254
The EAAs are actually pretty okay. Not amazing by any means, but definitely usable. They are much better than Rossi in my experience, though I have never shot a Rossi for a great many rounds.

The EAA is made by Weihrauch of Germany, who makes Beeman air guns for the US market.

That said, the Ruger and S&W are still much better guns. I would buy a S&W over a Ruger for a recreational status symbol, though for hunting (my use for revolvers) I prefer a Ruger due to cost.
>>
I have a Rossi 38 spl snub and quite like it
>>
File: 1753-1-large.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1753-1-large.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>30042344

While the S&Ws look very nice and I'm sure I could use it pick up fudds at IDPA. It just seems like a lot of money for a side division. But I know buying a cheap gun is a poor way to experience it (I've watched so many people buy cheap 1911s and suffer through matches).

And I have to admit, I think the GP100 Wiley Clapp is the best looking revolver of the bunch. Maybe it's just the pictures though but the 3" models seem so much shorter than a 4".
>>
So after doing a little looking I found the price for these S&Ws isn't as high as I thought/feared it would be. For $816 I could have this Pro shop 686 that is handsome as hell.
>>
>>30042254
No no no. None of those are what you want. What you want is A GP100, but more specifically the match champion. That thing is kick ass. It has the trigger of a S&W and the durability of a Ruger.
>>
File: gp100 match champion.jpg (65 KB, 589x263) Image search: [Google]
gp100 match champion.jpg
65 KB, 589x263
>>30043104
one of these
>>
>>30043104

It's just so ugly though haha. But it's the cheapest of the bunch I just found at $674.
>>
>>30043128
If you're the type of person to not buy a gun based on looks, then whatever that's fine. I'm that kind guy myself. However, know that that match champion is a really good value and would probably be enjoyed by you, your kids, and your grand kids.
>>
>>30043149

Usually I'm not. But for some reasons when I look at a revolvers I want one with nice lines. The more I look at the Match Champion the less ugly it gets (I used a similar tactic to convince my wife to marry me).
>>
>>30042737
I guess it comes down to just how hard you plan to go. For a low key hobby, any of these revolvers would probably be fine.

If a side division for you is 10k rounds per year, buying a S&W or Ruger would be a much better idea. The EAA and Rossi have lifespans measured in thousands of rounds, depending on pressures. I would expect 10k rounds to kill either.
>>
>>30043222

I honestly don't see myself shooting my main gun that much any time soon, and I use it for IDPA and USPSA.

I certainly don't plan on switching divisions for good. I'm starting to rank at the top of my division (Locally anyways). But who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with SSR.
>>
>>30042254

Why not buy a super cheap used S&W .38 special?
>>
>>30043373

See:

http://www.jgsales.com/smith-wesson-64-revolver,-gss,-38-special,-4-barrel,-round-butt,-g-vg,-used-gunsmith-special.-s-w-p-89710.html
>>
>>30043396

Maybe avoid Gunsmith Special..l.

http://www.jgsales.com/smith-wesson-10-revolver,-38-special,-4-heavy-barrel,-square-butt,-g-vg,-used,-s-w.-p-84562.html
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.