[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which service/Country produces better writers? and why do ex-SAS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Chris ryan.jpg (57 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Chris ryan.jpg
57 KB, 615x409
Which service/Country produces better writers?

and why do ex-SAS writers shit all over Navy Seals writers?

keep it /k/, keep it military
>>
The only Navy SEAL book I ever read was that Chris Kyle one and it was like it was written by a retarded five year old.

Never read an SAS book.
>>
>>30039920
Chris Ryan's stuff is pretty sweet, and is actually alright when it get's made into a tv show.

see; Strike Back

Chris Kyle had the brain of a retarded five year old anyway mate
>>
Brits understand that they have to write a compelling work. Americans just count on irrational hero worship to bring them a best seller.
>>
I like John Ringo but he was just airborne
>>
>>30039982
i didnt specify SOF.

shit, you could put Robert Leckie up if you wanted to.
>>
>>30039975
im more surprised they made a movie out of it.

Chris Kyle must be jerking his dick till it falls off in his grave.
>>
McNab wrote a ton of good fiction. He even did books for teenagers. You could see an improvement in quality from bravo two zero and seven troop to his later stuff
>>
>>30040024
Ryan was in Bravo Two Zero, wasnt he?

there's something on his wiki page about him drinking radioactive water and hiking 100 miles
>>
>>30040042
Yeah he drank water from a stream contaminated by a powerplant or something. Poisoned his blood. He evaded capture whilst the others were tortured. They hijacked a taxi too.

Chris Ryan's version of bravo two zero was called "the one who got away" or something like that.
>>
>>30040086
ah, i read that ages ago

if i remember, it was pretty dope
>>
>>30039905
I talked about this yesterday, but I bought a book of Adrian Weale. Easy to read, and useful. What you see is what you get.
>>
>>30040139
He's an ex-SAS, btw.
>>
>>30040024
Remove McNab
>>
>>30039905
I'm gonna be honest. If I saw that cover I would not even pick it up
>>
>>30039905
>and why do ex-SAS writers shit all over Navy Seals writers?

Because we're English and have a decent education and grasp of communication.

Navy Seal = US which clearly leads to a poor grasp of anything, including English.
>>
>>30039905
None of those posers have anything on the great Cyril Clunge.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Cyril_Clunge
>>
SAS shits on everybody who isn't SAS. SEALs shit on everybody who isn't a SEAL. Cuz they're both "leet" units that have to compensate for the fact that they're not Green Berets or one of those SOF groups that don't even have names.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.