[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for ideas of ammo people would like to see being tested.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: hl.jpg (146 KB, 874x934) Image search: [Google]
hl.jpg
146 KB, 874x934
Looking for ideas of ammo people would like to see being tested. I have access to just about every caliber, and a rural area than I can shoot objects not allowed on a state range. Also need ideas for interesting items to shoot.
Will upload videos of good ideas.
>>
>>30035550
how about .30 mauser versus watermelons?
>>
File: Melon.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Melon.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>>30035619
We have a few Tokarevs.
We did make a video shooting a watermelon with a 9mm
>>
>>30035619
Looks like you can shoot mauser out of a Tokarev
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbSgUqVLo2A
>>
shotgun slugs vs car door / washing machine / computer
>>
.303 Brit vs 8mm Mauser vs 7.62x54mmR penetration comparison/test
>>
>>30035907
Car door is a great idea, I bet I could get one from a junk yard easy. We have a big tube TV I wanted to shoot with a 7mm mag.
>>
>>30035550

Try and make a homemade ballistic vest and then test it
>>
>>30035550

10mm out of different barrel lengths versus ballistics gel and kevlar using Xtreme penetrators and double tap's

300blk with the same test using supersonic loads

I'm very interested in how 10mm would be affected by carbine-length barrels and how 300blk would work out of 6-8 inch barrels
>>
>>30035943
Probably be easier to buy AR500 plates.>>30035932
I am pretty sure we have a 8mm and a 7.62x54. 7.62x54 isn't as penetrative as 7.62x51 belive it or not.
>>
>>30035965
One of my friends has a .300blk upper. I need to see if he is interested in seeing what their ammo can do.
anyway, we did shoot avocados with a .22 mag. Was funnier than I expected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAPHmPjYH7Q
>>
>>30036002

Make sure to post here when you start doing tests, would definitely watch all of them
>>
>>30036045
We were actually thinking of filling coconuts with steaks, then making them look like little heads and exploding them. Lighting up a scare crow filled with pig guts isn't out of the question either.
>>
>>30036063

Well, personally, I'm not really interested in that, I just want data. But I'm sure other anons would enjoy that.
>>
>>30036088
would these Trauma pads make for good tests? http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-6-Non-Ballistic-Trauma-Pad-for-AR500-Body-Armor-and-Ceramic-Body-Armor-/331835249636?hash=item4d42ec13e4:g:VtMAAOSwdrRXF~lp
>>
>>30036163

I'm not an expert but that's an unarmored pad to soften the impact of bullets on body-armor, I think. Getting data on real kevlar with unique calibers will run you a pretty penny but you will get a lot of views if you market it well, and your sillier videos will get more views because you now have a bigger viewerbase. It's a niche that needs filling.
>>
>>30036193
I would if the subscriber views were covering most of the expense. Right now, I am willing to buy really good ammo and test it on cheap junk. Maybe steel plates.
>>
>>30036193
I just wish there was a cheap steel plate "if anyone knows of any" that are about the same as Kevlar vests.
>>
>>30035970

I know it would be easier that isn't the point
>>
I would like to see .41 long Colt fired from a 410.
Accuracy test at fifty yards, velocity, penetration.

A range of sub sonic rounds tested for penitration.

Pistol/carbine combinations firing the same cartridge.
>>
>>30035550
9x39 against a car door.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.