[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did this idea that anyone in the army or marines is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Yup.jpg (66 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
Yup.jpg
66 KB, 640x720
Where did this idea that anyone in the army or marines is this near autonomous blood thirsty weapon with legs? Do people not think of soldiers as just being normal folk?

Also is it worth buying a Mosin Chambered in 308. from Cabella's or should i just buy local and go for 7.62 rounds
>>
>>30035237
It came from action movies and the fact that many functioning war heroes were nearly autonomous blood thirsty weapons with legs.
>>
>>30035237
That's what many of us aspire to be, anon
>>
I consider them normal people. Just more vulgar, hornier, and with absolute shit financial sense.
>>
>>30035237
The whole reason to a mosin is because it is cheap or milsurp. I suspect one chambered in .308 is neither so I'd pass.
>>
>>30035237
>Where did this idea that anyone in the army or marines is this near autonomous blood thirsty weapon with legs? Do people not think of soldiers as just being normal folk?

Movies
Everything morons know of the military and guns is from Hollywood

And no, don't get a nugget in 308
If you want 308 and are that much of a poorfag, get a PTR
>>
Soldiers and sailors are normal people, though you do have a handful of blood thirsty weapons with legs.

>>30035620
This. So much this.
>>
>>30035237
Because the greatest commanders brutally destroyed everything in their path with no regard to loss of human life?
>>
>>30035620
Stop browsing /k/ First Sausage
>>
Depends on where you're talking about.
U.S. for instance downgraded the size of the Army after Independence for fear of a standing Army.
Back in the day in the old countries armies use to tear into a town killing and raping. It's been a cycle the U.S. down sizes until a major conflict happens. That's just been the norm.

People are really weird about ideology now they don't think anybody should have weapons. It has more to do with a weapon being seen as a boogieman and anyone with one is made monstrous and scary by virtue of having one.
Most people don't think they'd ever have to be in service since there has been enough volunteers and technology to carry out a war and win without enacting a draft so they really see soldiers as totally fundamentally different people from them since they have to use and confront people with weapons, where they wouldn't voluntarily do it under any circumstance if they didn't have to.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.