[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ i went out and tried several guns for the purpose of concealed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: palm-of-hand-2.jpg (2 MB, 2987x3433) Image search: [Google]
palm-of-hand-2.jpg
2 MB, 2987x3433
/k/ i went out and tried several guns for the purpose of concealed carry and liked this m and p shield with grip extension

Is this gun worth a buy for long-term concealed carry use?
>>
>>30034789
You could do worse.
>>
>>30034789
Taurus Pt-111 g2 is cheaper, no less reliable, not significantly harder to conceal, and a double stack.

The Shield is a good gun, but it has rapidly become a meme in the CCW world.
>>
>>30034789
It's definitely a gun that will always useful in all situations.

There are better guns for certain situations, but a 9mm single stack still holds up well in all situations.
>>
>>30034850
>uses the word meme to describe real life tool
>reccomends a fucking Taurus

Holy shit stop
>>
>>30034789
Don't listen to: >>30034850 Taurus has shittier QC than most (though apparently when they work they do actually work)

The Shield is just fine and has a good aftermarket.

Personally I prefer the Walther PPS because I like paddle mag releases and with the 6 round mag it's a little smaller than the Shield.
>>
>>30034789
The Shield is a really good choice for a single stack 9mm. It had the most potential for a really good trigger like the Apex kit with good aftermarket. You can get Maggut's spring kit for a potential 9+1 gun with the same extended magazine which is crazy good.

That being said, the only cons I find with mine is the non functioning slide lock lever that doesn't act as a slide release and inserting mags when closed is a pain and requires a bit more force. This can be problematic when trying to tac reload but I find it much easier to do with the extended 8rd mag.

I take out my 8rd mag's grip pad thing since it can come off fairly easy and give you trouble trying to reload if it starts to come off.
>>
>>30034885
>>30034906
Gen 2s also have fucking excellent reviews across the board.

Taurus is Taurus. Some of their products are shit. Some are not. This particular one is excellent.
>>
>>30034789
You can get the M&P shield 2 ways (excluding any special edition crap) and those are with or without a safety.
With the safety, it's not ambidextrous which is a deal breaker for me but the trigger is good on that version.
Without the safety, the break is harder and more likely to cause trigger jerk as it were. People on /k/ sometimes talk about how the trigger on the Shield sucks, they most likely mean this version.

So, if you don't an external safety and are right handed, then yes go for it; good choice.
Otherwise consider also the XDS, it's a similar gun in concept.
>>
>>30035281
>they most likely mean this version.

I actually like my safetyless shield's trigger.
>>
>>30034789
Yes.

Hell you can get ar magwell for m & p mags so if you want you can have fun on the range with a 20 rounder to feed both guns.
>>
Anyone found threaded barrel for these 9mm?
>>
They just announced shield in 45 a few days ago
>>
>>30036330
apparently tornado technologies does it

https://www.tornado-technologies.com/services.html
>>
>>30036353
Extend and thread? That sounds scary.
>>
>>30036343
Didn't know that, now very curious about cost comparison to the smaller calibers. Thanks k-brah
>>
>>30036382
apparently so. I saw some on brownells but on backorder
>>
>>30034789

I love mine, they're also getting pretty cheap. Shipped online at 330. I'm getting an LCP 380 for the super hot summer months but this will be carried 80% of the time.
>>
>>30034789
I love mine, never had a problem with it
>>
>>30034850
>meme and recommends a fucking Taurus to a first worlder

Fucking kill yourself no guns.
>>
How does the lc9s pro compare?
>>
>>30034823
Found the Minnestoa fag.
>>
Shield is the best CCW on the market.
>>
>>30038428
>no guns
He says, to the man wearing his ccw.
>>
File: muhdick.jpg (135 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
muhdick.jpg
135 KB, 600x600
>>30034789
Just wait for the .45 version to come out and use it for your EDCC, OP.
>>
>>30038681
It's interesting how they did the FCS on the new .45
>>
>>30034823
>>30038469
is the m&p a mn meme??
>>
File: Max3 copy.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
Max3 copy.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1600
I just bought a Kahr CM9

It is smaller than the shield I believe. The trigger is terrible and long but it is a CCW gun meant to be carried with one in the chamber.

I've put about 200 rounds through it and like it so far. It tucks well and handle well. I need to get a nice IWB holster for it.
>>
>>30034789
S&W M&PS is gtg
>>
>>30035281
The safetyless Shield has the same trigger, however there are Massachusetts compliant models with those heavier triggers, and they find themselves outside of Mass as well
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.