[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: BP15DMRright.jpg (80 KB, 1000x401) Image search: [Google]
BP15DMRright.jpg
80 KB, 1000x401
Sup guys, I'm deciding on purchasing a firearm for the first time. Can only purchase a long gun at the moment. Furthermore, 5 rounds per clip is the legal limit. Any Suggestions?
>>
>>30026910
maybe something like a Savage MK II.

Also, what country are you from?
>>
>>30026955

This. Where the fuck you at?
>>
File: 1441855748263.gif (2 MB, 416x240) Image search: [Google]
1441855748263.gif
2 MB, 416x240
>>
>>30026988
Checkd
>>
U.S. Law in this state says 5 round maximum capacity. There's not many rifles with that small amount these days. Rifles of a bigger calibre is preferable. Shotguns are okay unless, again, over 5 rounds of capacity. Meaning 4 choke tubes and one shell loaded.
>>
>>30027001
holy shit what the fuck. What the fuck state is that. we need to nuke that shit pronto.
>>
>>30027001

This sounds like a hunting law, not the actually magazine capacity.

Don't get your legal info from fudds.
>>
>>30027008
you can say a smaller "nation" within a country that's smaller than a country but bigger than a city.
>>
>>30027019
there's only a few states and or cities that have this problem. Believe me, there's no confusion.
>>
>>30027039

I'm gonna need a name, then.
>>
>>30027056
NYC
>>
>>30027075

Huh. I thought it was 10 rounds in NYC.
>>
>>30027111
>>
>>30027148

Okay, what about long guns that use handgun magazines?
>>
>>30027171
Is that a thing? Even then, I'm just under 21. I do know, however, that in the midwest you aren't able to purchase handgun ammo from authorized dealers but can still buy them privately... I wonder if it's the same for NYC? What kind of long gun uses handgun ammo? Like specific guns.
>>
>>30027198
I know some ar's utilize 9mm like a stag arms.
>>
>>30027198

Lots of pistol caliber carbines do.

Kel-Tec SUB2000
Aero Survival Rifle
Just Right Carbine
Beretta CX4
HiPoint carbines (The .45 ones can even use 1911 mags!)

There are tons of options, man.

I'm from Canada. It's a very common legal workaround here.
>>
>>30027222
>HiPoint carbines
I'm pretty sure I can buy most of what you put out except maybe the beretta since it looks just under 16''. By law it would be defined as a handgun or like short rifle (I believe that's what it's called). The only thing would be getting the ammo since authorized dealers don't sell 9mm to 20 year olds or younger.
>>
>>30027222
US gun laws tend to make less sense than Canadian ones, as far as I've seen. Shit that's perfectly legal to own becomes illegal the second you put it on a gun, so a handgun mag in a long gun might "become" illegal the second you put it in the magwell.
>>
>>30027389

Gun laws in general are pretty dumb. We got some pretty hilarious ones in Canada, though.

For instance, they put in a magazine capacity exemption for the Lee Enfield rifle even though the magazine capacity laws don't apply to it because it isn't semi-auto.

Or how about guns that never made it past prototyping being prohibited, like the G11.
>>
>>30027389
It would be defined still as a long gun. I definitely know that I can't buy handgun ammo from authorized gun dealers. But I'm looking for a law saying about the purchase of handgun ammo through private sales. There's nothing so far.
>>
File: norinco-type_97-nsr-2.jpg (18 KB, 363x363) Image search: [Google]
norinco-type_97-nsr-2.jpg
18 KB, 363x363
>>30027389
Really? Our prohibited list has the g11 in it. They literally listed a 80s action movie armoury, and newer stuff like the tavor is non restricted.

Nunchucks are prohibited. Two sticks tied with string.

You can spend 30 seconds on a Mag to punch out the pin, yet we have a 5 round Mag limit. If they a least had it at ten, maybe Less of us would be so sorely tempted.
>>
>>30027459
Usually these laws pass because of stupid stuff that has happen. In the US, drinking was at 18 in some states that now are regulating it at 21. I assume teen drink driving.
>>
>>30026910
CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP CLIP
>>
>>30027501
?
>>
>>30027459
That's actually a nice gun, Ar I assume right? What's the capacity on that beauty?
>>
>>30027514

He's sperging about the use of the word "clip" when it should be "magazine" in order to "fit in".

TryingTooHard/10
>>
File: T97avZZ-1.jpg (67 KB, 787x804) Image search: [Google]
T97avZZ-1.jpg
67 KB, 787x804
>>30027548

It uses AR-15 magazines (for the 5.56x45 versions), but no. It's a Type-97 (Export version of the Type-95, the standard issue rifle for the Chinese military).

Actually pretty decent accuracy, but the ergonomics are kinda shit.

These groups were made with the original batch that was imported into Canada at 100 meters by a guy on CanadianGunNutz.
>>
>>30027553
I see. I mean that was the first word I thought of.
>>30027222
And yes, I was right, any unlicensed person can sell me handgun ammo :)
>>
>>30027575
If only I was 21... there are so many restrictions made by people who don't even know our lives and suppress our rights like nothing. But those Aero Survival Rifle is a beautiful piece of a firearm.
>>
>>30027730
By people I mean congress.
>>
>>30027744
whats your budget?
>>
File: aresscr.jpg (83 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
aresscr.jpg
83 KB, 900x600
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.