[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /k/'s thoughts/opinions on the Talos program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
What's /k/'s thoughts/opinions on the Talos program and current proposal from revision?
>>
Fucking meme shit for PR because some faggot flag officer saw the Iron Man movie (he didn't even read the comics, that bitch. Because if the did, they'd shoot straight for Extremis.).

It exists solely to appeal to Halo-playing boys with high pitched voices.
>>
>>30023343
>everything looks exactly the same
>>
File: image.gif (618 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
618 KB, 400x229
El bumperino
>>
>>30023343
Very useful. Anyone who says otherwise has no clue what it actually does or its actual uses.

First, it allows you to carry more stuff. Even while carrying more heavier loads than previously, the actual load is lesser.

Second, because of the above, the soldier can be protected more fully against rifle rounds. It doesn't matter if you're an elite special forces operator or not, an untrained and illiterate child could gun you down as you crossed the fatal funnel all the same. With additional armor protection, you're not in as much danger from that. Sure, literally standing on top of an IED or being directly hit with an RPG will probably kill you, as would a heavy machinegun round. However, these aren't for patrolling. They're for kicking down doors, where those threats are definitely less of an issue. And even if they were a major issue, a soldier without them is far more vulnerable than one with them.
>>
File: OICW.jpg (111 KB, 1072x804) Image search: [Google]
OICW.jpg
111 KB, 1072x804
>>30023343
Knowing litterally nothing about this program in particular I can say that any exoskeleton system needs to be: cheap, reliable, idiot proof (relatively) and simple to maintain. Its all prototypes and unrealistic expectations now, but we will eventually see some of the technology applied in the program in widespread use if it proves useful. The OICW had to be the monstrosity that it was before the XM25 could come around so that's something.
>>
File: 1445565117334.jpg (107 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1445565117334.jpg
107 KB, 600x800
>>30023343
All for it. Fucking elves need to fuck off
>>
>>30023343
How the fuck are you meant to shoulder a rifle?
>>
>>30028270
Screw shouldering a rifle how are you supposed to move at a moderate pace / sprint and breathe at the same time
>>
>>30023343
I think a big problem with these is puree source. batteries simply aren't up to Schiff for these things to be feasible and alternative energy sources aren't scalable
>>
>>30027815
I appreciate this post, even if nobody else seems to.

Also, am I the only one who's still scratching my head over how they set up the whole Aldmeri Dominion thing and then never really did anything with it?
>>
>>30028270
You're not.
PEQ laser for aiming.
>>
That's the dumbest airsoft load-out I've ever seen. I mean who the fuck just cuts a hole in their old paintball mask and sticks two pairs of binoculars through it?

>>30028511
You're not

>Oh by the way, since the last game nazis have taken over literally everything.
>Fight them? Oh, no. You never see more than 5 of them. Nothing you can do as an immortal demi-god dragonborn can change it. Run along now and decide if you want to be a racist or a bootlicker.
>>
>>30028418
Google graphine
>>
>>30028418
Aluminum-air batteries.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.