[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Active duty in cali. Im not a resident. Pretty sure i can have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Active duty in cali.
Im not a resident.
Pretty sure i can have whatever i want as long as im using legal mags

Am i wrong?
>>
>legal mags

Good one
>>
Your guns will have to comply with the states laws. Pistols should be fine. This means bullet mags, etc bullshit for mag fed rifles.
>>
>>30021220
Im not putting a bullet button on my ar.
>>
>>30021259
Then you're fucked m8.

Alternatively, stow it somewhere and don't shoot it, talk about it, or even look at it until you're out of state.
>>
>>30021281
this is what I do OP. Works pretty okay
>>
>>30021288
>>30021281
Im not overly concerned. Im in the middle of nowhere far from theliberal zones
>>
>>30021220
I'm pretty sure service members are exempt from state gun laws. Shit has to be kept in the armory though.
>>
>>30021462
Not really. Not everyone lives on base.
>>
>>30021301
Barstow?
>>
>>30023975
Ridgecrest
>>
>>30021462

nope. you count as a resident of your home state and of the state you're stationed in via your orders.

OP - guns must be registered with the DOJ within 30 days of moving in-state. no threaded barrels. bullet buttons or featureless. nothing 10+ rounds. any exceptions have to be on a note submitted on gov't letterhead saying you need it for your duty (and that's not gonna happen unless you're a SEAL).

yeah, shit's gay. go fight it like the rest of us good Californians.
>>
>>30024290
*no threaded barrels on handguns.
>>
>>30020761

I'm pretty sure that after 6 months you count as a resident under commonlaw.
>>
>>30021259
Enjoy prison faggot

You're a citizen who complies with the law. Just because you're stationed in California doesn't mean you don't have to comply with the shit civilians do. You have no more or less rights than any of us. Kill yourself
>>
If you brought it with you, and you have permanent station orders, and the handgun (I assume) has NO threaded barrel, and the magazine has no more than 10 rounds capacity, then yes, whatever you brought is fine.

If you become a resident, then you have 30 days to voluntary register it, although it is not strictly enforced. $19 and a stamp for the mail.

Active duty military pretty much only exempts you from the Firearms Safety Certificate and Safe Handling Demonstration.
>>
>>30020761
You are so wrong, boot.
>>
>>30024764
With little bitches like you, no wonder California is so fucked up.
>>
>>30026172
>Safe Handling Demonstration.
has anyone done one of these?
every FFL i've used just skips it because it's retarded
>>
Let all of this be a lesson to you. Next time, build your own firearms.

Don't register shit, don't claim shit.
>>
>>30021220
As active duty, you can have whatever is legal in your state of residence other than mags or silencers. Just bring copies of your paper work to local County sheriff's office with DL and orders. Base policy dictates if it has to be stored in the armory. PA resident active duty was stationed in california
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.