[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Tales of the Gun any good or is it anti-gun/fudd bullshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 142356644674.png (132 KB, 309x364) Image search: [Google]
142356644674.png
132 KB, 309x364
Is Tales of the Gun any good or is it anti-gun/fudd bullshit? I'm looking for something gun related to watch that isn't just shooting videos and I noticed the entire series is up on Youtube.
>>
You new here? Watch it already. Back when the History channel wasn't total shit.

>The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced, served hero and villain alike, and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.
>>
>>30020637
Tales of the Gun was an awesome show. Way back when the History Channel actually put out good quality shows. They tell you about who the gun's inventor was, how it was made and how it influenced the world. Really informative and fun show.

They highlight how the firearms were used in wars, taming the wild frontiers and other historically important settings. It's a very good show for many reasons especially the lack of bias. They are telling you literal facts in relation to each gun, not politics or opinions.
>>
>>30020672
I loved that intro they gave at the beginning of each episode.
>>
>>30020672
>>30020694

I've never seen it before so I wasn't sure if it was any good. Thanks, will watch.
>>
>yfw you missed out when the DVD box set was being cleared out for like 20 bucks

Sure, it's all on youtube now. Although some episodes are in rather shit quality. Wish they'd either make more or release it in slightly higher quality (though I doubt these documentaries were made with archival purposes, thus forever BETA or DVD quality)
>>
>>30020730

A shame for a lot of older History Channel stuff. I'd love to buy a full box set of Histories Mysteries.
>>
>>30020759
Only other hisotry channel show I recall liking was cities of the underworld. I recall wanting to like dogfight and shootout, but both were somewhat underwhelming in facts and historic back story. I remember shootout interviewing a dude for an episode, painting the guy as victim/hero, while he was actually there to shoplift.
>>
>>30020637

Yeah its good, and you get to see Ian's dad.
>>
>>30021685
Who's Ian's dad?
>>
File: Ian's Father.png (1 MB, 1376x857) Image search: [Google]
Ian's Father.png
1 MB, 1376x857
>>30020637
>Is Tales of the Gun any good or is it anti-gun/fudd bullshit?
>anti-gun/fudd bullshit

Are you fucking high?

>>30021899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESTQ_wQaWQ
>>
>>30020637
Just watch it!
But yeah it's a good cozy show.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.