[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when people slam the cylinder on a revolver cow bow style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1463694677391.jpg (24 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1463694677391.jpg
24 KB, 399x388
>when people slam the cylinder on a revolver cow bow style
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1600
>buddy is big on guns
>let me keep his guns for him when he was deployed
>did this all the time with his mr73 and python
>>
>>30017103
>mr73
YOU FUCKER
>>
>>30017020
it will only damage it if you do it all the time
>>
>17 year old newfags posting frogs
>>
>>30017020
>cow bow
>>
>>30017020
Lemme guess, you gently insert your mags and carefully apply a measured 6.7 pound rap to ensure seating before you bring the slide back and ease if forward because you're fucking 9mm is made of porcelain. Guns are tools, anon, use them, abuse them, buy a new one. It's like you don't even fucking operate.
>>
>>30017463
They're too poor to afford more than one gun at a time

True plebs
>>
do's someone here have that gif of the blond anime chick bouncing a handful of rounds off her tits and loading her revolver with the rounds mid air?
>>
>>30017463
Tell me again how breaking your magazine catch can cause a catastrophic failure like cowboying a revolver repeatedly can lead to.
>>
>>30017405
>not accessorizing your livestock

how else would you tell them apart?
>>
>>30017020
more like
>yfw autism in the fun store

My friend has an autistic kid, described a very similar situation when he took said autistic kid to a comic convention.
>>
Report frogposters.
>>
File: 1452016345007.jpg (11 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
1452016345007.jpg
11 KB, 258x195
>>30017020
>>
>>30018568
Can it? Because I literally do that all the time with my .44 mag. It seems if I spin the cylinder too much it doesn't want to close. Luckily I figured out that I have to rotate the "pin" it's on to "unscrew" it so it will close again.
>>
>>30019750
Yes you dumb shit, you can wear down certain parts (can't remember what they're called because I'm not a revolver fag) and mess up the cylinder timing enough to cause a frame strike.
>>
>>30020361
It's a good thing I'm not poor and can replace my guns and afford to actually shoot them
>>
>>30020379
>it's a good thing I'm not poor and can buy a new car every year because I refuse to change the oil despite doing track days every week

Besides that, do you not understand how dangerous a frame strike is? You could lose some fingers.
>>
>>30020402
> frame strike
>lose fingers

Can you explain this to me, I don't understand
>>
>>30020425

The chambers in the cylinder need to be concentric with the barrel.

If it isn't concentric, the edge of the bullet will start getting shaved off, leading to a loss of accuracy and jamming of the cylinder (Not good if you're defending yourself with it). If it's misaligned enough, then the entire thing can blow up, taking out your hand, maybe more.
>>
>>30020425
So in a revolver, the chamber and barrel are separated by a small gap, yes? These need to be lined up quite precisely in order to function properly. When you slam a cylinder shut, it causes excessive wear and can even chip or deform the parts of the cylinder and frame that are responsible for keeping the barrel and chamber aligned, other wise known as the "timing." If the timing is off more than the forcing cone can compensate for, the bullet slams into the frame instead of traveling down the barrel. Now depending on what you're shooting, that can either lead to a couple mean burns and a sore hand or it can cause the gun to explode.
>>
My gun. I can do what I want poorfag
>>
>>30018162
Animoo is called grenadier. GIF is usually titled gunkata

I have said gif but I'm at work
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.