[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an Endura 4 I bought a few days ago and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Endura.jpg (188 KB, 700x724) Image search: [Google]
Endura.jpg
188 KB, 700x724
I have an Endura 4 I bought a few days ago and I can't flick it open, I have to like manually open the knife. There is a lot of resistance especially for the first 50% of the open. I loosened the pivot screw but it didn't do anything.

Anyone know what i can do to loosen it up so I can flick it? I know I need to break it in but there is still a lot of resistance.

People on youtube can flick theirs easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOaRihBSwU&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>30012596
I got rid of my endura. Had it less than a month, was thoroughly disappointed.

>even after lube and cleaning, the pivot is still shit
>blade is uncentered, pivot makes it worse
>pivot unscrews itself after a few openings, shouldn't have to be constantly looking out for this or even have to break out the loctite for a new knife of this "level".
>noticeable side to blade play
>Hurr hurr spydies are always smooth and nice

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>30012596
Spray pivot with brake cleaner to remove excess oil

Work it a few hundred times a night while watching TV or shitposting on /k/

Oil it up after a few days.
>>
>>30012648
Every knife eeds loctote applied and you are probably too dumb to adjust the pivots.
>>
>>30013033

OP here, I adjusted the pivot it didn't do anything.

Shits stiff as fuck
>>
File: C10GRBBW_L.jpg (32 KB, 700x347) Image search: [Google]
C10GRBBW_L.jpg
32 KB, 700x347
Get the Operator Endura, fag.
>>
>>30013033
>Every knife needs loctite

Not out of the box it doesn't, faggot. Should be that way from the factory, you dumb nigger. Triggered the spyderfaggot huh?
>>
>>30012648
It just sounds like you got a lemon that slipped past quality control.
>>
>>30013579
Or OP was a cheap fuck and bought a Chinese fake off of eBay without knowing it
>>
You guys know there's a knife thread right
>>
>>30013715
Says the dumbfuck nigger that bumped this anyways.
>>
Oh my fucking God... just open it and close it a bunch. You have to do that with every knife. Or maybe you just aren't used to the hole? Mine flicked open just fine after less than an hour, just by opening and closing it. Had to do that with Emerson and my Benchmade.
>>
>>30013693

I bought it off amazon from the spyderco seller

>>30013819

I've been opening and closing it for a while it's not working. I can open it easily with 1 hand but can't flick it open by any means, only if I flick my wrist super hard and even then i'm afraid it's going to snap back at me because it's so tight especially in the first 50% of the open
>>
should of spent a little more and got a para2 or a griptilian
>>
I have a delica and it took a little breaking in and a little while for me to understand how to manipulate the magic spyderco hole, now I can flick it like butter but I give it to a friend and they look like a retard trying to hump a door knob
>>
>>30014152
You're supposed to open a knife 20% and then flick. There's ball bearings to keep it shut that are extremely difficult to flick past.
>>
>>30017082
That is, assuming you want to do a pure wrist flick rather than a loaded thumb launch.
>>
>>30017082
>I know nothing about knives: The post

Don't "wrist" flick knives open. If you can't open it one handed without doing so, your knife isn't smooth enough/you're retarded. I'm going with the latter
>>
>>30017105
OP is the one trying to wrist flick, I use thumb pressure but humored him if he wants to use the wrist like Nutnfaggot or the other Youtubers.
>>
>>30012596
The backlocks tend to have a bit of initial resistance, have a look at the back of the blade where it runs on the backlock, sounds like yours has a bit too much tension in the spring or a badly finished running surface, if it looks a little rough or there are obvious high spots where contact is occurring give it a polish with high grit wet and dry see how that goes.
To reiterate though the backlocks will always feel tighter than a liner/frame initially until you overcome the pre-load of the lock, like a slip joint, opening something like an Endura is always about your initial approach, you can't half heart it.

>>30012648
>Hurr hurr spydies are always smooth and nice
Generally pretty right, backlock will never be the nicest to actuate though but the Endura/Delica etc sacrifice a bit to offer VG10 for 65.
>>
>>30017082
Not on a backlock there isn't, the spring bar preloads the blade and needs a bit extra initially for a fast deploy.
>>
>>30017132
Derp, somehow thought OP was talking about a liner/frame lock.

Yeah back locks are difficult, but the concept of cracking it open partway to loosen it before you can do a wrist flick is still valid.

Or OP can learn to do a thumb open like a decent human being.
>>
OP here, I put the ziptie mod on it so I can basically "wave" it like a faggot now so whatever, it looks like shit but i'm using it for now and it deploys from my pocket as far as I can see so far, I'm testing it now.

Looks like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMBvR4kZRHE

I will get some oil to put on it though to help break it in more
>>
Also, it thumb opens really nice I was just wondering how the youtube fags do the flick thing. I can see how the liner lock fucks it up, my friend has a tenacious and it doesn't have the "spring loaded" thing for the first part of the deplotment
>>
>>30017279
The flick thing is all down to how much initial force you put on the opening, moving the wrist is just to maintain momentum in the blade but desu you're better off using an Axis lock/Spydie ball bearing lock for that because you can take the tension off the blade and just swing the knife open.

One thing to try though which I do with my centofante is pinch the scales in your fingers, depress the backlock and then flick the knife open and closed, removes all preload from the lockbar.
>>
>>30017372
Just to add to this, if you try the depressed backlock flick and it still doesn't want to open nicely then you probably do have a problem in the pivot rather than the preload/running surface and should probably ask Spyderco about it.
>>
File: 2B7VeRN.jpg (37 KB, 798x799) Image search: [Google]
2B7VeRN.jpg
37 KB, 798x799
>>30013290
>Saber grind

No.
>>
Well you need to give it time to break in, if you have and it still won't work properly then contact spyderco. Having said that i'd see if you can handle another one and have problems opening that. Might be you could be a lemon.
>>
>>30012596
Easiest and fastest way I've found with Spyderco is to basically pinch your fingers together through the Spyderco hole, swing your wrist up slightly and swing down sharply, keeping your fingers connected through the hole the entire time. Same motion as shaking a chew tin and makes it fly open. Never managed to flick open a lockback knife before.
>>
>>30018768
it's hollow grind and it sucks more that scandi/saber grind
>>
>>30012596
Lube it up and keep flicking it open to break it in more quickly. I had the same problem but then i lost mine and replaces it with a pm2. Love it.
>>
Thanks anons. There is actually some audible grit on the running surface when I slowly open the knife so in assuming it is a quality control problem. I ordered a replacement
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.