[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /k/ hate this gun? Its honestly the one rifle I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: galilace.jpg (36 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
galilace.jpg
36 KB, 800x533
Why does /k/ hate this gun? Its honestly the one rifle I want bad enough to get rid of 2 or 3 rifles I have to have one. Everytime I see it mentioned I see responses like

>polymer shit
>IWI shill
>overpriced

I'm no good-goy and I hate the fucking kikery from here and Israel, but damn if the Galil and Tavor aren't nice. I have a Tavor and it's great (got it for a steal too). But I have a suspicion that the same people who cry about polymer have no problems with a SOCOMII or a fucking SCAR, which also makes use of polymer components. Who the fuck cries about polymer nowadays except fuds anyhow? Price is expensive as fuck though... I hope the get these out there in a few months, I really want a 308 version.
>>
File: 1442638679343.jpg (18 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
1442638679343.jpg
18 KB, 633x348
>>30005611
>what kind of sig do you want famm??
>the 550
>say no more
>>
File: 1448196853273.jpg (31 KB, 650x532) Image search: [Google]
1448196853273.jpg
31 KB, 650x532
>what kind of galil do you want famm?
>the arm or sar
>say no more

See a pattern?
>>
File: 1462773084587.jpg (574 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
1462773084587.jpg
574 KB, 1000x650
>>30005635
Saw one of these at a gun show not long ago and it felt badass when shouldering it, and seemed really light. I wouldn't mind having one, but not as much as a Galil or another AK.
>>
>>30005666
>Plum furniture Kalash being blessed
Bruh...
>>
>>30005611

Looks fucking ugly
Priced on the same level as high end AKs or 5.56 rifles
Isn't a real Galil
Over priced
>>
File: wasr.jpg (210 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
wasr.jpg
210 KB, 664x1000
>>30005712
>Looks fucking ugly
your subjective opinion
>priced on the same level as hgih end AKs or 5.56 rifles
Going to agree the price is high, but what fucking AK besides preban models are $1800?

>Isn't a real Galil
So it's the name that bothers you? Do you believe the AK12 is not a real AK?
>>
>>30005611
EIGHTEEN
HUNDRED
FUCKING
DOLLARS
>>
>>30005611
Shit won't hold zero. Receiver cover on AK-derived guns is not an ideal place to put your rear sight or optic, unless the cover is tightly secured (like those on Zenit kits, or at least pinned to rear sight base like on Vityaz or some AK-74Ms)
>>
>>30005820
I do agree that top cover isn't the ideal place to mount optics but have any of the ACE owners prior to the Fed's recall reported issue holding zero?

>>30005800
Spotted the poorfag.
>>
>Hey guys, there's some real demand for a Galil
>Alright, let's give it to 'em.
>No, let me finish. There's demand for a Galil, so let's shit out some fuckugly abomination that literally no one asked for, call it a Galil, and charge nearly $2k for it
>>
>>30005611
Lipstick on a pig.

They took an OyVey-47 and tried to make it look like an AR-15.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 250x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 250x377
>>30005899
This. I just want a Galil that's asthetically sexy like the same exact OG Galil while solving its weight problem. Not this abomination of Jewish tricks
>>
Price is really the only thing I take issue with.
>>
>>30005611
I don't hate this gun

Do I think its ultra over priced? hell yes. I still love it though
>>
File: 1446053093157.gif (2 MB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1446053093157.gif
2 MB, 250x245
>>30006398
>an OyVey-47
>>
File: tumblr_o5rcepW3C31u8wbhro1_1280.jpg (193 KB, 960x906) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5rcepW3C31u8wbhro1_1280.jpg
193 KB, 960x906
>>30005899

>literally noone asked for

Apparently about a dozen countries have adopted them into their armed forces. So that's not the case either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galil_ACE

While the original Galil is an excellent rifle, IWI does not manufacture them currently, so I don't see how the original Galil's lack of availability is an issue concerning JewGun, as nobody else has stepped up to the plate to make them either. Nobody is crying to anyone making AK "mutant" gun abominations to quit making those and instead make quality reproduction Valmets or Galils instead, so why ask IWI to do it?

All I am hearing in this thread like the others are complaints related purely to price and superficial issues like how it looks. Has anyone here fucking shot one?
>>
>>30005611
Beause people like to parrot. I'm waiting on reviews to decide if I should buy it. Already have a Tavor and its a great rifle.
>>
Pretty much this >>30005899

The original semi auto Galil imports got the axe in 1989, but still had a small but vocal following.

Now that IMI had facilities in the states for the Tavor, people starting turning up the heat to put the Galil back into production. After all, there's no reason that they couldn't.

Instead, they gave us this plastic piece of shit. Same thing with the Micro Uzi. They resurrected it in a form that no one wanted.

Imagine if Ford somehow found a loophole in crash test and emissions laws and put the 1967 fastback Mustang back in their linuep.............with a hybrid engine. Automatic only. And it had giant plastic bumpers.
>>
>>30005899
>>30006552
>it's new and I don't like new!
Still not seeing your point m8s Granted I'd grab a pre-ban if I could find one for under 2K, but still I'm not seeing why this is such a horrible horrible thing. Explain?
>>
File: asrielshakinghead.gif (143 KB, 305x350) Image search: [Google]
asrielshakinghead.gif
143 KB, 305x350
>>30006527
>a dozen countries
And I'm sorry to say that the splendid examples of nation statehood like Haiti, Colombia, and South Sudan aren't exactly representative of the wants of the United States civilian gun owners, so, MAC, buddy, suck me off. :^

>While the original Galil is an excellent rifle, IWI does not manufacture them currently
And there's half the issue. When's the next appearance of the "Hebrew Hammer" coming up?
>>
>>30006527
Holy shit did we actually manage to get a genuine shill?
>>
>>30006573
Gee sorry for wanting something guy, and not feeling exactly fuckin' chipper to buy something I didn't want, dunno what I was thinking. Please give me all of your wares IWI
>>
>>30006616
I'm just confused. Would it have been better in your opinion if IWI just started making Galils based on the old design with better QC levels? If so I can understand that.
>>
>>30006630
Yeah, that was kind of a clear and obvious thing you just now discovered, Einstein
>>
>>30006573
>but still I'm not seeing why this is such a horrible horrible thing. Explain?

The American enthusiast market was clamoring for the *ORIGINAL* Galil for years. IMI put out a variant that pretty much no one in the civilian collectors market actually wants. Sales, as everyone predicted from the minute it was announced, are dismal. A local store has the single model they ordered very early after its release still sitting on the rack, and that's after like three price drops.

IMI is so inept they shipped the first batch of the pistol model with the auto sear pin hole drilled. If that doesn't sound significant, you should know that one of the importers of the Norinco MAK-90 back in the day made the same error, and it remains one of the more infamous instances of oversight in the market. Gun store owners to this day check every MAK-90 that comes through the door for the third pin hole. My point being that they clearly didn't even do the most basic level of research before they released this thing.
>>
>>30006644
It's late and I'm drunk. Cock a doodle doo faggot.
>>
>>30006648
Pretty sure you're just dumb famalam
>>
>>30006552
>>30006576
>>30006647

The "clamoring" for rifles like the Gailil and Valmet may seem loud now because they are rare collectors pieces, but like Chinese AKMs which people later went to realize were great rifles, nobody in the States really knew about them or wanted them. Believe it or not, companies want to keep selling shit that people keep buying, and while the Feds had hand in why the Chinese or H&K couldn't sell in the states, you're pants on head retarded to think that people were shitting themselves to get their hands on Galils when they were around.

Fuck, even AKMs just began becoming widely accepted in the US recently, for years they were just considered "commie gunz" by boomers and fuds.

>aren't exactly representative of the wants and needs of the United States civilian gun owners

Yes, which is evident why they pay $500+ for semi-auto cosmoline soaked canted sight AKMs and RAS47s because "hurr durr it's made in America". If you don't agree that the governments of those countries were wise to choose the ACE, then you'd better make a better argument than "it's not what duh burgers want", because clearly they will buy overpriced absolute garbage if it's marketed well enough.
>>
File: 1446293955711.jpg (57 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1446293955711.jpg
57 KB, 395x401
ITT: Poorfags
>>
>>30006718
You sound like like a particularly salty marketing employee. I know the ACE sales have been hilariously bad, but making up shit about people not wanting actual Galils and AKMs only just recently becoming popular doesn't change that situation. Give us what we want, and we'll by your product. Protip; people don't want the cocksucking ACE, especially at its current price. Tell your bosses the market is speaking. :^
>>
>>30006724
Seconded
>>
>>30006718
>being this fucking butthurt over people choosing AKs over this overpriced POS
>>
>>30006724
>$1800 rifle
>gucci
poorfags indeed...
>>
>>30006718
>Believe it or not, companies want to keep selling shit that people keep buying

Then why the fuck did they release the ACE?

No one is buying it.
>>
>>30006743
Shouldn't you be in your containment thread?
>>
>>30006790
Not when there are anons that get peeved at my very presence. ;^
>>
>gibe galil
>get galil
>NOT SAME NO LIKE
it'd be easier to argue with libtard nu-males
>>
>>30006718
Galils are hardly rare and the chink AKs were as popular as could be in those days. Even the AR wasn't nearly as popular then. What is so hard to get that there is a notable demand for Galils? They'd certainly be selling better than the mistake the ACE is turning out to be.
>>
>>30006808
>gibe galil
>here "galil"
>that no galil, fuck you
>WHY PEOPLE NO BUY RIFLE!!!???
FTFY
>>
>>30006743

Tripfag, I came into the thread asking WHY the fucking thing is bad, and got nothing but the same, I need not shill for the ACE or anything else. I have a good collection of decent rifles and make enough money that $2000 isn't that big of a deal, but I will hear any reasonable argument against a purchase if it brings some information to the table about the reliability of the weapon or other serious issue, not just subjective remarks about looks and crying about how many nuggets can be bought instead for $1800.

>making shit up

Really? So AK's have been selling as well as they have the past few years since the ban was up? That would explain why the market has catered so much to ARs until just recently. I hear all the time about how parts kits and ammo were falling out of the sky and now everybody has fucked the market up due to demand and popularity, thus $800 WASRs. I'd looked for one (an ACE) second hand until I realized the feds recalled them all for the third pin, so maybe that would have something to do with sales?

People buy SCARs and poor salty faggots still complain about the stock looking like an ug boot or having two different shades of FDE, etc. I happen to have one, and I like it. Is it worth $3k? I don't fucking know, I thought it was worth 2800 myself. What makes it substantially better than another 308 rifle such as the ACE, or a PTR91 or another rifle? I mean, the trigger is shit in that SCAR but Americans like me pay the money for them. We pay what the market will bear so long as we feel the product is worth the cost.

>TL:DR
Galil ACE iisn't a memegun, and OP didn't realize that nobody here has put their hands on one, nor has anybody have anything based on experience to contribute to why or why not they are shit/good, including tripfags.
>>
>>30006784
I'm looking to get one at the moment, do you have a link for one for sale?

The ones that had been released a year or so ago were recalled because IWI fucked up and sent in units with holes drilled for third pin, so nobody kept theirs very long. Apparently enough people bought it at that time for them to re-issue them and offer two calibers to chose from.
>>
>>30006834
I didn't know one post could contain that much butthurt, salt, misinfo, and projection. Props IWI, at least you're persistent.
>>
>>30006834
>I came into the thread asking WHY the fucking thing is bad

We answered the question, but you didn't like the answer, so you threw a tantrum.

The ACE simply does not appeal to the kind of people who would buy a non-standard "assault weapon" type rifle. The overwhelming bulk of semi auto rifle sales are (and will continue to be for the foreseeable future) AR's and AK's. That's what the average Joe buys. It takes a certain kind of hobbyist personality to buy something that isn't the most practical of the available options. Those same hobbyist types also have a very strong tendency to dislike change.

IMI simply doesn't understand the market for this type of thing. The kind of people who would like the "updates" worked into the ACE are the kind of people who would just buy an AR in the first place.

People don't want it.

People aren't buying it.

People are vocal about their dislike of it.

That's why you've been getting the responses you've been getting ITT.
>>
>>30006834
>So AK's have been selling as well as they have the past few years since the ban was up? That would explain why the market has catered so much to ARs until just recently.
You stupid dindu what alternate universe do you hail from? AKs have been a hot item since the ban expired, just like EVERY OTHER mainstream military style semiauto rifle that could be reasonably afforded by joe shmo. Shocker of the year, the AK and AR fit that definition perfectly, and AKs were consistently cheaper than ARs until very recently, so I have no fucking clue why you think the market doesn't favor the AR at the moment. How the fuck are you so defensive over a rifle you haven't even bought yet?
>>
>>30006834
Also
>so maybe that would have something to do with the sales?
Sales were shit from day fucking one, the shop I work at had three samples that moved as much as a rock on a prairie with the display model getting fondled a handful of times. They could still be there for all I fucking know. Oh yeah speaking of poor sales, how about that pistol variant? Yeah they REALLY know what they're doing.
>>
>>30005611
If it was sold in Switzerland for 1800 Swiss bucks, it could sell very well. Because, here, modern rifles cost easily 1000 Swiss shekels more than that (SCAR 17S is around 4200 and 3800 for the SCAR 16S, Beretta ARX-100 around 2500, Bren 805 about 2600, B&T APC223 ca. 2700, Steyr AUG Z-A3 approx. 3000, H&K MR223 is over 3000, etc.). If you don't want to spend that much you only have the choice between modern Vz. 58 for 1200 to 1400 bucks or Bulgarian AK's for about the same price. Cheaper than that are only SDM AK's and AR's, Norinco Type-56s underfolders and Romanian AKM's. So a modern rifle in 7.62x39mm or 5.56x45mm for 1800 bucks would be top.
>>
>>30006892
I'm not defensive, I asked for some information from /k/ assuming someone has shot one, nobody came back with any real information. Someone made the argument that old Galils are and have always been widely desirable. I disagree, stating that while the original is excellent and well known in gun enthusiasts circles, it had still been relatively unknown to boomers and others in the US. AK's have always been popular across the world, but it's taken them a long time to gain the acceptance they have today. I can't argue with you if you can't acknowledge that fuds today even consider it a "commie gun". How long do you think Ultimak gas tube rails, M4 stock adaptor kits, and other tacticool shit has been around for AKMs, and why do you think that ARs have much more of an aftermarket? Hint: it's not just the modularity of the AR, companies make what people will purchase.

>>30006924
I'll have to take your word for it, I've not seen one in person yet nor have I been interested in one for very long at all (knew about the original Galil, not the ACE until I heard the Vietnamese were adopting them). Maybe it's a marketing thing, the Jews are shilling the Tavor hard but barely mention anything on the ACE.

The pistol is weaksauce and I'd not consider one, but then again I wouldn't really consider something like a Scorpion Evo pistol, 805 pistol, AR/AK pistol etc. Just not my thing./
>>
So no one has had a chance to shoot it?
>>
>>30007039
Apparently not. then again there's only 15 posters ITT
>>
>>30006870
>We answered the question, but you didn't like the answer, so you threw a tantrum. The ACE simply does not appeal to the kind of people who would buy a non-standard "assault weapon" type rifle

This is understandable and I didn't start the thread to debate it's popularity but its inherent flaws or issues as well as positive experience with them first hand or otherwise. I mentioned right off I understood the general dislike, but I asked for something substantial. I can agree its probably not worth the dosh to most of the masses, but as I said earlier, neither is the SCAR, but we don't need to confuse popularity and units sold with whether something is well built or a quality firearm.

Had a few people ITT posted they shot it and it was inaccurate, unreliable or some other major concern, I'd taken the info into account and put it into consideration.
>>
>>30006552
Shit, the shill is retarded but I just wanted to say that is an astute metaphor. That is exactly like what it is. Exactly something I would want, and exactly how I would react.

Sure, modernized is nice. Whatever. We just wanted the Jew AK.

Fuck, a competently crafted, reliable, well-done sub-$1000 AK pattern ANYTHING these days would sell like hot cakes the way the market is. Maybe what they say about Jews isn't true if they aren't out to print that money.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.