[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixed Power Optic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 154311.jpg (117 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
154311.jpg
117 KB, 880x660
I'm looking for a Fixed Power Optic for a 14 inch LMT in 5.56 I've been eyeing pic related. Does trijicon hold the general monopoly over fixed powered as far as quality goes or are there other viable alternatives?
>>
>>30001135
acog for fixed or elcan for adjustable.
>>
>>30001195
That's what i was thinking, fixed is what I want and the small reticule on top will help for closer target shooting
>>
>>30001135

But why get a fixed power? with acog money you can get some of the best 1-6s on the market
>>
>>30001282
Well I did look at a VCOG, what are the pros and cons of fixed Power and variable?
>>
>>30001641
>01641>>30001282(You)
Check out the vortex razor 1-6.
The vcog is heavy and a very over priced. FFP scopes are not as useful as you might think.

I love the variable because close range, both eyes open is just as easy as a red dot. Add a throw lever and you're making 400m shots in seconds.

I never got used to using a 4x indoors. It's just too disorienting. Use a variable and back the zoom down and you can shoot without breaking your cheekweld to use an RMR or top mounted irons.

That, and the extra 2x really matters for me when hitting longer distances. I could engage much faster beyond 100m at 6x on my AR than with a 4x acog on my friend's tavor.
>>
>>30001195

If Elcan's adjustable magnification scopes are good enough to recommend in spite of external adjustment, then their fixed mag sights are equally recommendable
>>
>>30001135
I have a 3x ACOG, can someone convince me to sell it to help fund a S&B 1-6 power. The more I see them the more I want one..
>>
>>30001761
Came here to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWYMT4Jerw
>>
>>30002338
>I heard it on the internet
>>
>>30002395
Yeah, what of it? I've also handled one when I considered buying one, but the amount of people who claim the point of impact issues are to large to be ignored. Love the idea, hate the execution.
>>
>>30002338
>The optic moves when you move the magnification/elevation lever/knob
>hurr durr it's broken
What a twat.
>>
>>30002940
Well it may not be broken but it certainly shouldn't do that, yes the lease and mechanism inside should move but the optic itself should remain stationary so as not to fuck your aiming. If your at 1x and then move to 4x, if the optic itself shifts a few mm to the left or right you won't hit what your aiming at. A small shift could result in misses ranging from inches to feet depending on what range you are firing.

What a twat.
>>
>>30001135
ditch the RMR if your going with a chevron

the acog and bindon works great .

>>30001641
wider field of view on lowest setting and red dot like usefulness, some what useful ranging rmarks on highest setting.
>>
Get an acog and learn the bidon aiming method. Switch from non-magnified to magnified by simply altering your focus.
Dont get the Micro red dot on top. It sits to high, so you have to use a chin weld. and it raises the price on an already pricey optic
>>
File: A1.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
A1.png
3 MB, 1600x900
>>30001135
Spectre is ok but TA31f is goat
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.