[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /k/omrades, I'm looking for a person who was in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
Hi /k/omrades,

I'm looking for a person who was in the marine corps for some info:

and my question is what were you wearing.

so i mean: what was your gear and equipment

Pictures would be appreciated.
>>
File: Pic.jpg (251 KB, 1404x936) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
251 KB, 1404x936
>>29999275
Sure thing Ahmed.

Here's one of the few pictures I could find of me in full gear where you can sort of see it all.

You have:
-Lightweight Helmet (LWH) with helmet cover
-PVS14 mount for helmet
-Eye protection, usually Oakley issued but not always.
-Camelbak water system
-Plate carrier is dependent on your unit usually. Can be the IMTV or MTV or some other lighter carrier on deployment.
-2 Grenade pouches
-3 Magazine pouches
-IFAK
-Dump pouch
-FROG desert top (or regular USMC blouse)
-FROG desert bottoms (or regular USMC
trousers)
-Combat boots (Bates or Danners, can be RAT boots, too)
-Gloves (Camelbak in picture)
-M4 (or M16, M249 SAW)
-Trijicon ACOG
-PEQ16 laser/light

And then various other things one takes with them like batteries and shit.

Anyone else want to confirm if I missed anything?

Were you looking for something else, OP?
>>
>>29999479
why call me ahmed
did i miss out on a meme
>>
>>29999766
You're asking about what gear and equipment a US military force uses without explanation.

I was just joking that you may be a terrorist or something.

....Are you?
>>
>>29999826
The bizarre wording in the OP doesn't discourage that impression.
>>
File: muhreens3.jpg (606 KB, 2626x1600) Image search: [Google]
muhreens3.jpg
606 KB, 2626x1600
>>29999479
Sounds about right
>>29999766
Everyone's ahmed on the internet, don't worry
>>
>>29999826
top kek
nah i want to buy my own gear... im really into collecting guns and equipment... the equipment is more for doomsday prep... and shit... so i wanna know where to start...
>>
>>29999479
do you guys ever where knee pads bcs when i played outside paintball landing your knee on a rock is a pain in the ass
>>
File: Muhreen2.jpg (427 KB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
Muhreen2.jpg
427 KB, 2100x1400
>>29999917
/out/ is arguably better for most basic survival stuff.
Geer queer threads are a good place to ask stuff too. >>29975773

Also worth to keep in mind that you as a civilian can actually get nicer stuff than what a soldier/marine would wear assuming your budget allows for it. Tailor your kit to yourself, not to some wanna-be cosplay.
>>
File: 1426827547524.gif (994 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1426827547524.gif
994 KB, 500x279
>>29999917
>... and shit..

>>29999941
The everyday grunt usually doesn't have kneepads.

Sometimes the snipers get them, but knee and elbow pads are usually "operator" gear.
>>
>>30000000
>>
>>29999998
the thing is, is that those marines went through a lot general studying by the US gov. so they know what is truly needed and dont go for excess. also weight plays a big factor
>>
>>30000049
They're infantry and their equipment is based around (keeping within a reasonable budget) to be optimised for fighting battles with logistics to hold their back, which is a completely different scenario from going into the woods for a month shagging trees and eating grass to survive.
>>
File: 51igrcvIBJL._SY300_.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51igrcvIBJL._SY300_.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>30000006
i had some knee pads but i noticed they slipped and also they cut the circulating below on that soft spot opposite to your knee cap.

pic related but they are olive green
>>
>>30000115
Really?

In 4 years I only ever saw some snipers with them.
>>
>>30000132
i guess i got pussy knees...
>>
File: 1463559355085.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1463559355085.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>29999479
what about shoulder pads like the army dude in the picture is using?
>>
>The thread in which /k/ helps a terrorist infiltrate and kill some marines

Never change, /k/
>>
File: tumblr_mooz8x81OG1reh0fqo1_1280.jpg (173 KB, 635x707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mooz8x81OG1reh0fqo1_1280.jpg
173 KB, 635x707
also are marines allowed to wear personal shiat like scarfs?
>>
>>30000918
No.
>>
>>30000993
And what about various nazi ensignia? I identify as a Nazi soldier so I don't want my rights to be trampled on when I join.
>>
>>30000993
>Wehrmacht collar tabs and hat insignia
>SS hat pin, on shirt collar

Am i missing something here?
>>
>>30000993
I had one when I was in the 'stan. It was out of regulation but my commanders new I could kick their ass so they didn't say anything about it. I took it from a dead taliban leader when I killed him with my bare hands.
>>
>>30001066
Me to man.
>>
>>30001066
>>30001088
Dubs confirm they are super leet muhreen oper8ors
>>
>>30000918

No that's an Army thing.
>>
>>30000980
>/16(
OP HERE
Cause knowing what he wears ... excluding lethals
is enough to help a terrorist to infiltrate a a marine squad
>>
>>30001022
it's a focale aka roman scarf. lookd great and serves a purpose https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focale
>>
We are wearing the cheapest shit congress will give us without butthurting voters.
>>
>>29999479
Thanks ill memorize this for when i tell people about when i was a marine
>>
>>30001615
>infiltrate a marine squad
This is an 18+ website, isn't it?
>>
>>30002381
Semper Fi
>>
>>30001047
its a Panzerwaffe pin the SS skull has the jaw on it. Wehrmacht tank troops had a totenkopf as well but i has no jaw, its a tradition that traces back to Napoleonic Prussian Life Hussars
>>
>>29999479
Did you like the Marines? I was thinking of trying for OCS. I gotta work on my pft
>>
>>30003209
It was okay. I really can't tell you yes or no, you just have to experience it yourself.
>>
>>30003607
fucking tell me dude
fuck it im gonna do it anyway
if the navy rejects me
>>
>>30003824
Listen, I was an enlisted grunt.

If you're looking at OCS, then all I can tell you is from what experience with the officers I have. 2nd Lts get treated like shit. You'll be pulling all of the duty shifts forever. 1stLt looks alright. You start getting some respect and you get a platoon of your own. There's a lot of fucking paperwork as an officer. The only person who will have your back is the platoon sergeant, so you'll try to split the load as much as possible. From there, it's mostly logistical stuff and paperwork.

Officers have to be leaders, so you'll be expected to PT very well.

You'll get the special treatment in some cases. Officers get their own quarters on deployments and stuff. On ships, you get your own chow hall. It seems pretty nice.

How much shooting and field stuff you do is really up to you. Again, you are supposed to set the example, so when your platoon/company is out doing field stuff, you probably will be too.

I don't know what else to tell you man. The life of an enlisted is much different than that of an officer.
>>
>>30004021
what about the marine corps itself?
>>
>>29999275
DONT FORGET YOUR GLOW BELT OR YOU WILL FUCKING DIE, DEVILDICK
>>
>>29999479
Pretty much. All though personally I carried my canteens because camel back always getting busted.
>>
>>30004021
>2nd Lts get treated like shit

Truer words couldn't have been spoken in the grunt world.

I was with the 1/4 many many years ago, before the WOT. If you're going infantry and you're the FNG, officer or not you're a fucking boot.

If you're going to be an officer of Marines, remember to stay accountable and not get your shit pushed in by being a fucking moto douchebag. You're just another shavetail louie with literally ZERO practical experience, and all that moto bullshit at OCS, TBS, the Men's Club (IOC), won't exactly fly the way you think it will.

This is going to fall on deaf ears anyway, because chances are like me and my fellow Marines of the time, you'll learn to live the grunt life your own way regardless and make your own fun mistakes over and over again.

Also, I'm sure this hasn't changed: Don't drink the water in the Quigley.
>>
>>30004479
Oh.

Well, the Corps isn't terrible as a whole.
There's always going to be a nice mixture of stupid bullshit and fun times. There will be days where you're stuck at work until 7PM or later for little to no reason. The deployments can be long and boring or fun, it all depends on you. I can't really tell you much more unless you ask specifically.

>>30004655
>1/4

No shit? Fellow Horno brother. (assuming you were in after '89 or whenever they moved) I was with 3/1. It's always nice to meet someone else that had to deal with that shit-hole of a camp.
>>
>>30004708
Hey it's a reunion. 2/1 Horno. Worst chow hall on base besides maybe SOI.
>>
>>30004727
At least SOI had the sub sandwiches.

I'll never forget the day I graduated SOI. I was so excited to see where I was going to be stationed. Y'know. Hawaii? Some other cool place? Nope. 2 miles down the road, asshole.
>>
>>30004708
you were infantry? id like to be infantry but i doubt i'd get a shot at it iirc they give them to the best at OCS. my pt still isnt up to par to even go there yet.
so you deploy for a while somewhere then go stateside and train or vice versa? what about the other mos
>>
>>30004515
dafuq is a glow belt
>>
>>30000918
Maybe an bombsquad did thing? I can only guess.
>>
>>30004708
>>30004727

LOL. Motherfuckers, I purposefully look right and away at the ocean the whole time when I'm driving 5 South and the opposite going back north whenever I pass through Oceanside on trips to SD from OC. Don't really want to remember that shit hole again.

>There's always going to be a nice mixture of stupid bullshit and fun times.

I was a peacetime Marine, so I always felt like it was bullshit more than 70-80% of the time. I'm probably low balling it since it was 20 or so years ago. But then again we probably got away with more drinking and more... unsavory shenanigans in the 90s compared to digital camera/cellphone/smartphone invasion of daily privacy you'd see today.

>>30004801

Defacto PT scores for an officer candidate should be MINIMUM 275, despite them asking you to be at a minimum of first class. This was true in the mid 90's, and it was true near the turn of the century when I was getting out. I don't see this standard being changed or altered in anyway.
>>
>>30004793
I don't remember SOI having sub sandwiches. Just the fast food line and regular line. Everybody would try to bumblefuck into the fast food line but because time restraints Instructors would make guys get in normal line. Sub sandwiches must have been a recent development. Well fairly recent I've been out a while.
>>
>>30004853
>I was a peacetime Marine
Man. The last half of my enlistment was "peacetime". Our "deployment" was a UDP to Okinawa. I can't imagine an entire 4 years of that bullshit.

>>30004873
I think they got it in 2012 or so. Pretty good shit.
>>
>>30004853
I heard gangs and minorities were a problem but I guess that's all branches
Not that I care much about minorities since I'm one anyway.

Are a lot of people retarded shitbags? I wonder how long it'll take for me to max the pft so I can apply. Is there competition between officers? I know the Navy has they backstabbing shit going on in the SWO field
>>
>>30004899

Yeah, and imagine our surprise when 2001 came around.

I spent a lot of time riding sportbikes, playing lots of Goldeneye, Mario Kart, and trips to TJ with an eightball in my pocket for a 72/96 libo.
>>
>>30004853
I was in 2005 to 2009, did two pumps in trashcanistan. I don't know we got pretty fucking roudy in garrison. I'm sure there was more hazing in your time.

>>30004899

See above. That's why I don't remember it. Also I always remember it was way to fucking crowded when not enough units were deployed. Long lines everywhere, no place to park ever.
>>
>>30004944
the non-whites are a majority now in America
>>
>>30004965
>I'm sure there was more hazing in your time.

It's really funny how this one statement just transported me back. Because I heard this exact fucking phrase from salty as fuck grunts talking about how shit went in "THEIR CORPS". For some reason... deep in my heart I'm sure you guys got the same level and intensity of hazing that we got, the Marines before my time got, and before their time got.

I'm sure boots and bootenents are still getting cock slapped across the face by drunk, angry men while they're pinned down.
>>
>>30005054
I don't know man it seemed to be changing. When I first got in I was hazed by my senior Marines . But then when we got our boots we were warned constantly not to touch them.

There are more people that snitch. Hell some boots would have the wife call the fro saying their husbands were not getting enough "family time" to get out of duty.

So we'd just PT smoke them mostly. It's not hazing if ya do it with them.
>>
>>30005190
>But then when we got our boots we were warned constantly not to touch them.

You're fucking kidding me right?

I mean we got safety briefs and what not about hazing and I remember a buddy having to make an overhead projector presentation as to properly dispose of your cigarettes instead of extinguishing them out on a boots arms or the back of their necks. But for the life of me I can't remember an explicit order being placed to leave them alone... just treat them a liiitle more decent.
>>
>>29999905
>...and this is my 1500 point US Marine army from Games Workshop!
>>
>>30005277
I'm not saying it didn't happen. There were a few factors such as when I joined we had a real heavy boot cycle, more than half my platoon was boots. More than 20.

Then when we got our boots and we got 5. There's only so much shit you can give 5 guys. But we must have managed because 4 out 5 went UA. They caught one just before we deployed, brought him along for bitch work detail. Never saw a more miserable cunt.
>>
>>29999275
I was wearing a long sleeved wife beater most days
>>
>>30002518
Ohhoo. Ok, thanks for teaching something new! That's actually pretty cool
>>
>>29999886
OP confirmed as terrorist.
>>
>>30004021
>>30004708
Would you take back you experience in the Marines? Did you regret anything?

I ask because I am curious about being a grunt. I know that they are mostly janitors and deal with bullshit a lot, but there is just something about it that I'm romanticizing. It just sounds like good fun, making brotherly bonds and dealing with bullshit together, just sounds great.

If you had any advice to give someone who is joining the corps as infantry, what would you say?
>>
>>30007434
Your attitude and perception will determine your own satisfaction with the experience.

Being in an infantry platoon isn't an automatic life long brotherhood either. Hopefully you keep in touch with most, some or even many may just lose touch over the years. Some guys are just never happy or never in the right mindset, hence why you got your fuckups, that fucking guy who you love and hate but ruins it for everyone, etc.

These can all be fun memories to you, or they can be negative ones based on your own cognitive perception.
>>
>>30007465
I guess that's helpful, thanks
I try to see the brightest of bad situations so maybe it will make it a good experience
>>
>>30007486
If there's one thing I'd like to honestly recommend to you, and with your guys electronic generation have no excuse if you don't take advantage of it, is online schooling.

When you start to adjust to grunt life, it's an outstanding thing to take advantage of and you best take advantage of your GI Bill.

Cliche as it sounds, some of the 03XX guys I knew who went and got their bachelor's as a jumping pad were given chances to fantastic opportunities and here's one other secret....

Most of society, especially if you're in a major metropolitan area, is fucking lazy as fuck. If you can apply some of the no-nonsense discipline of showing up on time (and trust me, you'll get plenty of practice on THIS) and completing tasks as ordered, you've got a huge leg up on your mediocre compadres who are trying to skate by just as hard as we all once did at one time in our lives or continue to do so if we're honest human beings.
>>
>>30007550
Thank you for the honest advice anon
Yeah it seems silly to not use that free college money when possible, because shooting shit isn't to marketable outside the military
>>
>>29999905
What kind of marine unit even is this? Thats a weird assortment of vehicles
>>
>>30000918
Those come with the IOTV system. Neck and throat protector, groin and ass pad, and shoulder protectors. Extra pads made of kevlar. They just make you hot.
>>
>>30004848
Fag strap, pt belt, retard belt, etc..
>>
somebody please give me an idea of how an average day for 03xx / infantry looks when not deployed or deployed to places such as Okinawa ?
>>
>>29999479
Everyone is transitioning to MICH helmets now but yea that the standard.
My unit gives me alot of leeway woth how I seriously up my shit I have
Fisbee plate carrier, 6 mag mag pouch in the front, ifak, smoke grenade pouch, k bar, and 40mm pouches on my side. And a belt with my dump pouch, radio, and more 40mm.
>>
>>30007615

It's a MEU battalion landing team. What is Wierd about a combined arms mechanized infantry force?
>>
>>30008203

Garrison Day
Wake up 0500
PT Formation 0530
PT till 0700
Shit, shower, shave, chow
Morning formation 0800
0800-1100 classes on tactics, radios, first aid, call for fire, land nav, immediate action drills, SOPs, etc.

1100-1200 chow
1200-1500 clean weapons or classes. Squad level training.

Secure at 1530 cause it's a garrison day. Time to lift weights, evening chow, drink beer, vidya, sleep
>>
>>30009446
Pretty much. My unit was more like revelly at 0600 but released 1630.

It also wasn't uncommon to be allowed a 2 hour lunch period on slower days.

Protip: if you want to play vidya and not get thrown on a random working party don't ever give your squad leader your PS Network name for friends list. Because hes in his room playing hell get the call to send people, and he'll use it to see you're in your room playing.
>>
>>30009525

Just answer the door beer in hand. Ain't no working party. Or don't be a disgusting pleb that console games.
>>
>>30009619
I'm not talking about after release for the day. Yeah dudes had day beers but it was on the hush.

>Console bla bla

Shut up /v/. A big part of barracks gaming is that several guys are usually hanging out in a room, we all had our clicks, and multiple people liked to be able to play at same time. and it was ps3 in my day. It was more competitive with PCs than newest consoles are. I do PC game now thank you.
>>
>>30009446
first pt and then going number 2? that seems kinda odd and probably not doable unless you eat very healthy.
>>
File: jetchgf4.gif (679 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
jetchgf4.gif
679 KB, 245x200
>>30005393
kek
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.