[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NJ fag here. 2 stories One, some off duty cop got drunk and shot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 13stone-articleLarge.jpg (61 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
13stone-articleLarge.jpg
61 KB, 600x324
NJ fag here. 2 stories
One, some off duty cop got drunk and shot someone so now there are news reports about how it is "legal in NJ to drink and cc" even though only cops and millionaires are allowed to cc.

Second. DC courts told DC they can go fuck themselves and that the "good reasons" clause for cc is unconstitutional. So NJ might get cc someday. Thing is we also have a law that says once "smart guns" go on the market all handguns sold must be smart guns. So I want to get a cc gun now incase smart guns become a thing and scotus let's us cc.

What gun should I get? I was thinking 9mm sub compact single stack. The one I was mainly thinking was an xds because it has a grip safety. I heard the ccp is pretty cool. What's the best 9mm subcompact to get?
>>
Px4 Storm?
>>
>>29997105
What company?
>>
>>29997439
Beretta
>>
Look up reviews on the m&p from Smith and Wesson. It's a decent gun, and an alternative if you're not a Glock fan. But if you don't mind, a Glock 26 is a pretty good choice.
>>
File: Handgun_collection_m.jpg (212 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
Handgun_collection_m.jpg
212 KB, 500x337
>>29997084
any experience/preference with guns?

If not, start out basic. Glocks, M&Ps, and walthers like you mentioned are fine. You could get a DA/SA, a 1911, a SA0, ect but those are a little more of a "set up " IMO and require more practice then a basic striker fired design. If youre fine with that, then go for it. But I always believe you should start basic if its your first
>>
>>29997747
Yeah I've never used a handgun
>>
>>29997462
Is that the baby m92?
>>
Smart guns will never be a thing
>>
>>29997084

Depends on your budget.
grip safeties are shit. Either go for a manual thumb safety or leave it off entirely.

PX4s are not single stack.
Shield is the best cheaply priced option,
LC9s is practically pocket pistol size and is reviewing well.
G43 is turning out to not be shit too, so that's a choice. Does not have a thumb safety.
If I had my pick and had plenty of budget to play with, I'd get a p938
>>
>>29997105
px4 storm is a doublestack compact.
>>
M&P Shield was my first gun for 319. I'm happy with it.
>>
File: njconcealedcarry.png (833 KB, 976x784) Image search: [Google]
njconcealedcarry.png
833 KB, 976x784
>>29997084

NJ will never have concealed carry.
>>
File: ohnonjisretarded.png (84 KB, 476x370) Image search: [Google]
ohnonjisretarded.png
84 KB, 476x370
>NJ
>>
>>29999037
Holy shit dude just fucking Google it fuck.

It's completely different action and polymer framed
>>
>>29998354
go basic then. id recommend any polymer striker fired pistol, and since theres literally dozens of them you don't just have to buy a glawk. Also get a compact. Single stack subcompacts are good for carry but not so much fun to learn/practice on
>>
Hello fellow Jerseyman, Cherry Hill here
>>
>>29997084
>One, some off duty cop got drunk and shot someone
kek that was a cop from my town
>>
>>29997084
Have fun getting your pistol permit! Also fuck that state move to PA.

Anyway, single stacks are a buyer's market right now. The big four are the S&W Shield, Glock 43, Springfield XDS, Ruger LC9/s. Start there.

You may want a subcompact for when weather is cold and you can conceal better. Glock 19, S&W Compact, sig p320 compact are good starting points.

If you're a big dude you might even be able to conceal a full sized gun.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.