[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
German P226 and water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1440124261888.jpg (82 KB, 798x485) Image search: [Google]
1440124261888.jpg
82 KB, 798x485
Would it actually have rust issues if I dunked it into the water? I know the sig rust meme doesn't really apply to the all steel slides and exeters but I'm always hesitant to get water on it because carbon steel does have iron in it.
>>
>>29995534
surface rust isnt a big deal
its only a problem if left unchecked for long periods of time
the rust in that pic will wipe right off
>>
>>29995534
>Carbon steel does have iron in it

>What kind of dumb would you like?
just fuck my shit up pham
>>
File: Colombia Fuerzas Comando 2015.jpg (77 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Colombia Fuerzas Comando 2015.jpg
77 KB, 960x640
That pride ! For the 8th Time , #FFMM Colombia is champion team tournament # FuerzasComando2016 Peru , the best of America
>>
>carbon steel has iron in it
>steel has iron in it
All steel has iron in it. Steel is iron, just with other shit added to give it new properties.
Tldr Steel is an iron alloy.
>>
>>29995846
>>29997318
then why did sig move onto steel slides? They knew it had rust issues
>>
File: 1.jpg (31 KB, 287x287) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31 KB, 287x287
>>29997342
Are you fucking serious right now
>>
>>29997342
Because ancient saltwater mermaids typically don't own guns, so Sig wasn't overly worried when they put something with a pretty specific and conditional weakness on a gun in exchange for strength. Find another affordable alloy that's easily mass produced that can take the abuse that this type of steel can, and I'm sure Sig would like to hear about it.
>>
>>29997349
Can you give a reason or are you just going to post image macros out of context and give non answers?
>>
>>29997342
>why did sig move onto steel slides from their previously produced steel slides

You are aware that stainless steel is still steel, and has iron in it right
>>
>>29997342

>why do guns have steel slides

Let me put this in terms you will understand:

>gun make big boom
>needs made of hard stuff so doesn't go boom into pieces
>steel hard
>other hard stuff cost much more

I'm sure you could make a pistol slide out of some ultra hard ceramic composite or titanium, for like thousands of dollars more
>>
>>29995534
Sigs aren't Glocks, they're a nicer shooting higher maintenance gun, at least the classic metal ones. That said, the nitron finish is EXTREMELY rust resistant. I think only cerakote or powder coat is more rust resistant.
>>
>>29997476
Carbon steel is iron with carbon in it
This alloy is typically known as "steel"
The differentiating is stainless steel which has iron, carbon, and nickel in it

You fucking idiot
>>
>>29997570
Any paint is more rust resistant
>>
>>29997967
You couldn't even answer the question properly. It sure is nice to be very smart but at the same time unable to articulate answers.
>>
Had a stamped slide W. German 226 fall into the crawl space of the house. Fell I from the interior of the house. Realized it was down there after a while. Was rusted some, but you would never know it now. Just kept it doctored with Kroil and it was fine. So yeah, it will rust, but whatever. Looks better than an Exeter that an orthodontist would brag on.
>>
>>29995534

Wipe it down after.

Mine rusted like the picture at summer Nuggetfest last year from being in the high humidity and then thrown back into its case for a day.

Wiped right off with some oil and looks fine now. It's never rusted in storage or when I used to carry it, although I did wipe it every few days when carrying.
>>
File: CCGSJ7mUMAAP8fh.png (260 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
CCGSJ7mUMAAP8fh.png
260 KB, 600x374
This thread made my head hurt
>>
>>29998041
>Would it actually have rust issues if I dunked it into the water? I know the sig rust meme doesn't really apply to the all steel slides and exeters but I'm always hesitant to get water on it because carbon steel does have iron in it.

ALL STEEL HAS IRON IN IT
>>
File: 3d trollface.jpg (56 KB, 726x604) Image search: [Google]
3d trollface.jpg
56 KB, 726x604
>>29995534
>because carbon steel does have iron in it.

Just a little bit. Like, trace amounts of iron. Hardly even enough to worry about.
>>
>>29999346
Right?
>all steel has iron in it!
>but then why is it specific to german sigs to rust
>b-b-because ALL STEEL HAS IRON IN IT!
>>
>>29999531
>but then why is it specific to german sigs to rust

This question was never once asked, autism boy
OP said steel has iron
No shit Sherlock
>>
>>29999346
Know what will make your head hurt worse?

Louis CK is fluent in Spanish and is half Mexican.
>>
>>29996940

Is that helmet missing some parts or something?

Seems way to open/exposed on the sides, anyone know what's up with that?
>>
>>29999763
Its not for protection
Its a bump helmet for mounting lights and NVGs
>>
>>29999900

oh

so kinda like a head-shelf?
>>
>>29999918
I suppose
Also to protect from smashing your head into things
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.